It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mother Earth needs YOU, pilot.

Strike Suit Zero, a visually stunning revival of space combat sim genre, with many fresh gameplay ideas, featuring dynamic action, sleek spacecraft design, and mindblowing music, is now available on GOG.com, 20% off. That's only $15.99, this week only!

The story is simple: evil forces armed with an alien relic attack the Earth and destroy almost entire U.N.E. fleet. You, a disgraced pilot named Adams, are the only force standing between the Colonials and annihilation of our homeworld. Sure it's a story you've heard before, but none of those stories offered you a chance to unleash the power of the Strike Suit. You, destroying entire fleets almost single-handedly--it's that kind of story.

Strike Suit Zero balances between simulation and arcade shooter and manages to create a fantastic combat experience. In the first few levels you pilot a "normal" starfighter--a one you'd expect from a space combat sim. However, it's the Strike Suit that allows the game to fully shine, offering a sense of empowerment like no other space sim and allowing you to eradicate your opponents with a flurry of deadly missiles and triumph over enemy forces that outnumber you 10 to 1. It is fairly difficult but not unfair, as mouse + keyboard controls work intuitively, until you grab a recommended joystick, of course :) Both space-sim fans and more "casual" gamers will enjoy the hell out of setting the space skies on fire.

If you're worried about not getting DLCs with the GOG.com version, then stop. All users who purchase the game or a gift code within the first month will get the DLC-pack for free. Yes. More death-dealing space mechs are coming!

Missing that unpaired rush of adrenaline one can only get from dogfighting enemy fighters in the depths of space? Don't hesitate to join the U.N.E. Fleet, get Strike Suit Zero today, for only $15.99! The discount will last until Thursday, January 31, 1:29PM GMT.
Dying seems to restock your ammo and health to full even if you didn't have any when you reached the checkpoint. Certainly makes some of the optional objectives a lot easier. Just kamikaze into some frigate, and you'll be good to go.

/edit: Maybe be sure there's been a checkpoint first.. yes.. most advisable.
Post edited January 28, 2013 by Adzeth
JudasIscariot: May I ask what you are going to do when Microsoft officially drops all support for Windows XP?
Nothing whatsoever - Microsoft dropping support means no more updates and an easier to maintain system. My main online system is still running Win2K.

As for specific examples of software not running on Win7 onwards, there's Stardock's CursorXP (they've released an update, CursorFX, but that includes online activation DRM and an IMHO rather horrid UI) and some (inevitably very OS-specific) security software (Process Guard and System Safety Monitor for those interested).
viranimus:
DarkR1der: Going by the time sale ends and your time zone US Eastern Standard (same as New York I'm guessing)
sale will end at 8:30AM on the 31st January.

Easy way to convert time for different places in the world is use the Time Zone Converter [url=
Ahh. Sorry for the delay. Thank you kindly.
JudasIscariot: May I ask what you are going to do when Microsoft officially drops all support for Windows XP?
I think it's going to happen sometime next year, if I am not mistaken.
Damn I bought it. I wish I had bought it next year, probably cheaper.
WinXP is still the best Windows, for my 32b Good Old Computer.
Post edited January 30, 2013 by ERISS
How unfortunate. The game has crashed every time I've (presumably) beaten the second to last mission. After the "Good job! Now you're ready for the final thing!" speech the game crashes before marking the"the player beat this long, long level already so don't make him play it again" checkbox. That stage is so long that I'm really starting to get weary of replaying it.

/edit: ..or I don't know if it's the "here are some waves that don't really pose a threat but take a lot of time" nature of the stage that's making it annoying.
/edit2: ..though most likely the most annoying part is the "replay when you fail, replay when you win" situation I'm in.
/edit3 of happiness: finally beat it without crashing! :)
Post edited January 31, 2013 by Adzeth
I just wish it had included the goodies that the Steam Collector's Edition does. Including goodies is one of GOG's selling points after all, around tertiary after the "DRM free" and "works on modern systems" points. I would've been OK with the game having a dollar or two higher price if it wasn't such a bare bones release.
Er, looks like I was "thinking about it" too long and missed the special. Ah well...
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43153532/strike-suit-zero/posts/420101?ref=email&show_token=563767a53575aa91

Strike Suit Zero - Patch #3 Update
Update #34 · Mar. 05, 2013 · comment

Hello! We just wanted to keep everybody in the loop with details on the third patch for Strike Suit Zero, which you can update to via Steam now (GOG version incoming). This third patch adds significant changes, features and fixes to Strike Suit Zero, the most notable of which being:

1. Cockpit added.

2. Difficulty settings added; Easy, Normal and Hardcore

3. Checkpoint saves added; you can now exit the game, and resume a level from your most recent checkpoint.

4. Revised targeting system added

--

For those interested, the video below goes over the additions to the game in more detail.

We've had a few questions about the Marauder through. The new suit has slipped slightly, but should be available late this week. We'll have a more substantial update on this shortly, so keep your eyes out for the update.

Many thanks,

Jamin
Raptor DLC just got released on Steam for $2.99. How does GOG intend to handle this release or will it be released DRM free?? Hmmm....
Post edited March 25, 2013 by nijuu
nijuu: Raptor DLC just got released on Steam for $2.99. How does GOG intend to handle this release or will it be released DRM free?? Hmmm....
There's a hint in the OP.
If you're worried about not getting DLCs with the GOG.com version, then stop. All users who purchase the game or a gift code within the first month will get the DLC-pack for free. Yes. More death-dealing space mechs are coming!
nijuu: Raptor DLC just got released on Steam for $2.99. How does GOG intend to handle this release or will it be released DRM free?? Hmmm....
Adzeth: There's a hint in the OP.
The thing is though, what is part of the DLC pack (i know have no idea how much dlc they will release - the Marauder is rumoured to be released sometime in the future even though it was supposed to be restricted to the higher KS tiers......)?. Im not sure myself even though i backed the KS. Also GOG isnt committing itself to when it will be released either. Yeah i know.Im not worried. Just asking :D
nijuu: The thing is though, what is part of the DLC pack (i know have no idea how much dlc they will release - the Marauder is rumoured to be released sometime in the future even though it was supposed to be restricted to the higher KS tiers......)?. Im not sure myself even though i backed the KS. Also GOG isnt committing itself to when it will be released either. Yeah i know.Im not worried. Just asking :D
I always figured it just meant we'll get all dat DLC. Hadn't even occurred to me that it might not be so.
Ok so what is happening on the DLC front?. There's already been a number of DLC released for this game on steam already, and the game itself is undergoing discounting recently on other platforms - with it potentially being in the Amazon indie bundle thingie very soon.
nijuu: Ok so what is happening on the DLC front?. There's already been a number of DLC released for this game on steam already, and the game itself is undergoing discounting recently on other platforms - with it potentially being in the Amazon indie bundle thingie very soon.
If the DLC came here, I'd buy it (as long as it's DRM free). Love this game.
Game was released without extras = No action and all excuses
Game isn' t getting any DLC and support unlike steam = No action and all excuses

I wonder what BornReady is going to say in their defence this time...