It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mother Earth needs YOU, pilot.

Strike Suit Zero, a visually stunning revival of space combat sim genre, with many fresh gameplay ideas, featuring dynamic action, sleek spacecraft design, and mindblowing music, is now available on GOG.com, 20% off. That's only $15.99, this week only!

The story is simple: evil forces armed with an alien relic attack the Earth and destroy almost entire U.N.E. fleet. You, a disgraced pilot named Adams, are the only force standing between the Colonials and annihilation of our homeworld. Sure it's a story you've heard before, but none of those stories offered you a chance to unleash the power of the Strike Suit. You, destroying entire fleets almost single-handedly--it's that kind of story.

Strike Suit Zero balances between simulation and arcade shooter and manages to create a fantastic combat experience. In the first few levels you pilot a "normal" starfighter--a one you'd expect from a space combat sim. However, it's the Strike Suit that allows the game to fully shine, offering a sense of empowerment like no other space sim and allowing you to eradicate your opponents with a flurry of deadly missiles and triumph over enemy forces that outnumber you 10 to 1. It is fairly difficult but not unfair, as mouse + keyboard controls work intuitively, until you grab a recommended joystick, of course :) Both space-sim fans and more "casual" gamers will enjoy the hell out of setting the space skies on fire.

If you're worried about not getting DLCs with the GOG.com version, then stop. All users who purchase the game or a gift code within the first month will get the DLC-pack for free. Yes. More death-dealing space mechs are coming!

Missing that unpaired rush of adrenaline one can only get from dogfighting enemy fighters in the depths of space? Don't hesitate to join the U.N.E. Fleet, get Strike Suit Zero today, for only $15.99! The discount will last until Thursday, January 31, 1:29PM GMT.
TheEnigmaticT: I hope this is clear. Any questions, please let me know.
Azilut: Thanks for the clarification, TET. One quick question: when you say that you will offer all available DLC for free, does that mean all DLC available at that time, with any further DLC requiring a purchase, or will DLC released after that point also be added for free?

(It sounds like a pretty sweet deal either way; I'd just like to be clear on what it means.)

Thanks!
All available DLC *at that time*. I wil edit my post to clarify.
JMich: The question is as follows. If I buy a gift code today, and it is redeemed in 6 months, will the person redeeming the code get the DLCs or not?
Heck. I dunno. I'll ask Biz Dev and then update my post to reflect what's correct.
Post edited January 25, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
TheEnigmaticT: Biz Dev
?
TheEnigmaticT: Biz Dev
gameon: ?
BizDev = "Business Development" = the people who actually negotiate the contracts. As opposed to

MarCom = "Marketing Communications" = the poor bastards stuck trying to explain things to you. ;)
It does still mean we will always get the most complete editions available for old games, right? I'm ok to put up with it with newer games, but I think the service would really suffer if you offered old expansions as DLC:

and once there is no more DLC to be released, will you offer a complete edition?
Post edited January 25, 2013 by WBGhiro
JMich: Why do you confuse me again? Confused bears are sad (or dangerous) bears. So, the question (again).
Gift codes are counted from the date of their creation, not the date of redemption.
gameon: ?
TheEnigmaticT: BizDev = "Business Development" = the people who actually negotiate the contracts. As opposed to

MarCom = "Marketing Communications" = the poor bastards stuck trying to explain things to you. ;)
Lol, it's hard to distinguish between whether that is clever up-market call signs (such as what you'd have in top secret military) or chavvy text speak like you'd hear from the likes of Ali G, lol. For example B82REZ = Batteries.
Post edited January 25, 2013 by gameon
WBGhiro: It does still mean we will always get the most complete editions available for old games, right? I'm ok to put up with it with newer games, but I think the service would really suffer if you offered old expansions as DLC:
That is always our objective for classic games, yes. As you've seen with things like the recent addition of Alien Crossfire to SMAC, our goal is always to give you the most definitive version of any classic game we can. Newer games have newer business models, though, and we need to adapt to continue to be able to offer you guys the best games out there on the market.
TheEnigmaticT: BizDev = "Business Development" = the people who actually negotiate the contracts. As opposed to

gameon: Lol, it's hard to distinguish between whether that is clever up-market call signs (such as what you'd have in top secret military) or chavvy text speak like you'd hear from the likes of Ali G, lol. For example B82REZ = Batteries.
I'd say it's the same kind of linguistic laziness that exists in any industry: acronyms exist so that we can have our own lingo and make people who aren't part of the group confused. Talk to a sailor sometime, if you really want pointless confusion over language. :)
Post edited January 25, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
TheEnigmaticT: That is always our objective for classic games, yes. As you've seen with things like the recent addition of Alien Crossfire to SMAC, our goal is always to give you the most definitive version of any classic game we can. Newer games have newer business models, though, and we need to adapt to continue to be able to offer you guys the best games out there on the market.
<3
WBGhiro: It does still mean we will always get the most complete editions available for old games, right? I'm ok to put up with it with newer games, but I think the service would really suffer if you offered old expansions as DLC:
TheEnigmaticT: That is always our objective for classic games, yes. As you've seen with things like the recent addition of Alien Crossfire to SMAC, our goal is always to give you the most definitive version of any classic game we can. Newer games have newer business models, though, and we need to adapt to continue to be able to offer you guys the best games out there on the market.
gameon: Lol, it's hard to distinguish between whether that is clever up-market call signs (such as what you'd have in top secret military) or chavvy text speak like you'd hear from the likes of Ali G, lol. For example B82REZ = Batteries.
TheEnigmaticT: I'd say it's the same kind of linguistic laziness that exists in any industry: acronyms exist so that we can have our own lingo and make people who aren't part of the group confused. Talk to a sailor sometime, if you really want pointless confusion over language. :)
Good lord. I'd end up like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;v=dQa3yGXzGls#t=5s
Post edited January 25, 2013 by gameon
GOG.com: If you're worried about not getting DLCs with the GOG.com version, then stop. All users who add the game to their accounts within the first month will get the DLC-pack for free. Yes. More death-dealing space mechs are coming!
ErekoseDM: is the "DLC-pack for free" = Heroes of the Fleet mission pack/DLC?
(est/possible release date: "while the extra missions will arrive March 7." from SSZ KS update 25).

is the soundtrack going to be incorporated into the GOG version as well at some point? (perhaps the plural from the quote "DLCs")

much like everyone else i am curious as to the DLC $rate if i dont add SSZ within the first month, and if the DLC will be hosted here on GOG or if its a code that can be used at the dev/pub website instead as others have guessed.

in any case thanks for 2 great game releases today GOG!
(this feels like 500+ week ^_^)
Soundtrack = doubt it right away. Its $8 on Steam atm and $10 off the devs website. Some people finally uploaded some of the tracks to youtube...hmmmmmm
TheEnigmaticT: All available DLC *at that time*. I wil edit my post to clarify.
Thank you!
ErekoseDM: is the soundtrack going to be incorporated into the GOG version as well at some point? (perhaps the plural from the quote "DLCs")
nijuu: Soundtrack = doubt it right away. Its $8 on Steam atm and $10 off the devs website.
And Steam sells it as the DLC (as well as a part of the Collector's Edition). I would buy it right away here if the OST and the artbook were included.
Post edited January 25, 2013 by Imago
so gog doesnt have the soundtrack of the game yet? :\
Good release.
Should I get the $30 top up for DLCs from the dev's site or will I get screwed over because they'll give me Steam keys only and forget about GOG?