It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Never Deal with a Dragon!

Shadowrun Returns, a classy turn-based RPG set in one of the most iconic Sci-Fi worlds where cyberpunk meets fantasy, sporting excellent character development mechanics and a sleek visual style drawing you right into the dark and dangerous Seattle metroplex, is available 40% off on GOG.com, for Windows and Mac OS X. That's $11.99 for the first 48 hours.

People will tell you about the word "Shadowrun". They'll explain that it describes the act of falling off the grid to perform some shady doings for a power that prefers to stay anonymous. Like one corporation trying to silently eliminate some key "assets" of another. Or a high-profile magician in need of some fresh virgin blood. Or the law going after someone that would normally be out of their reach, because of that whole corpo-extraterritoriality thing. Get it? That kind of stuff. But I'll tell you this man, I think that's not where the word originates. I've been around for a long time, and I've seen some things no one was ever supposed to see. I know things that you generally wouldn't want to know. Dangerous, that kind of knowledge, a health hazard if you catch my drift. So, believe me when I tell you: it's not actually "shadowrun". It's "shadow-run". A word describing the true hierarchy of power in our good old sixth world. This whole planet is now being run by shadows whose motivation and goals guys like you and me won't ever understand. I don't even mean the dragons. There's something else out there. Something… different.

Shadowrun Returns, a single player, turn-based tactical RPG taking place in a fan-favorite cyberpunk slash fantasy setting. Enter the amazingly depicted futuristic Seattle metroplex, and embark on your mission to uncover the mystery of a series of gruesome killings. Who knows what you'll discover? In the world of Shadowrun nothing is what it seems at first glance. With deep and involving storyline, top-notch turn-based tactical combat mechanics, and deep skill-based character development system, this vibrant imaginative role-playing game just keeps on giving!

Whether you are a die-hard fan of the pen&paper predecessor, or you're just looking for an extensive computer RPG experience, you can't go wrong with Shadowrun Returns, for only 11.99 on GOG.com. The 40% off release discount offer last for 48 hours only, that's until Thursday, December 12, at 10:59AM GMT.
jamyskis: Am I the only one that finds it highly ironic that Windows and Mac have DRM-free versions and Linux is now stuck with the DRM'd version?
I do find it ironic how someone always seems to make a no-Linux-on-GOG comment in nearly every release thread.

No really, say it more, I'm sure GOG are completely unaware.
Crosmando: I do find it ironic how someone always seems to make a no-Linux-on-GOG comment in nearly every release thread.

No really, say it more, I'm sure GOG are completely unaware.
I'm not talking about Linux on GOG in this particular case - I'm talking about this game in general, in that Linux is considered to be the "anti-DRM" OS, and everywhere that is selling this game for Linux is selling it for Steam only.
jamyskis: I'm not talking about Linux on GOG in this particular case - I'm talking about this game in general, in that Linux is considered to be the "anti-DRM" OS, and everywhere that is selling this game for Linux is selling it for Steam only.
Pretty much applies to every game on GOG which has a Linux version, and there are a few.
Crosmando: Pretty much applies to every game on GOG which has a Linux version, and there are a few.
Not really. Many of those games are also available on Desura and Gamersgate DRM-free (and in many cases Humble Store), and Desura and Humble Store will almost always have the Linux version.
jamyskis: I'm not talking about Linux on GOG in this particular case - I'm talking about this game in general, in that Linux is considered to be the "anti-DRM" OS, and everywhere that is selling this game for Linux is selling it for Steam only.
You are aware that the linux version of it is currently in Beta, and that it is confirmed for Humble Store as well, right?
JMich: You are aware that the linux version of it is currently in Beta, and that it is confirmed for Humble Store as well, right?
No I wasn't. Thanks for the info. I'll probably wait for that then and hope that it comes out DRM-free there.
Post edited December 11, 2013 by jamyskis
gooberking: So I have to choose between Linux and DRM-free again?

MERYL! Somebody find me Meryl.
Just for fun I tried to install GOGs windows version in playonlinux using latest wine 1.7.8 and it works very well without any problem or tweaking... I have Shadowrun also on Steam, so I played native version too, but can't see any difference in performance...
low rated
GOG doesn't sell Linux crap. Why Linux users can't understand this? Is this something beyond their comprehension that it isn't worth to bother with Linux when it comes to gaming?
But no... we have to read the same old whining every time a new game is released.
inc09nito: GOG doesn't sell Linux crap. Why Linux users can't understand this? Is this something beyond their comprehension that it isn't worth to bother with Linux when it comes to gaming?
But no... we have to read the same old whining every time a new game is released.
Id love GOG to sell linux games, just to shut up the people who keep dragging Humble Store into conversations :D
inc09nito: GOG doesn't sell Linux crap. Why Linux users can't understand this? Is this something beyond their comprehension that it isn't worth to bother with Linux when it comes to gaming?
nijuu: Id love GOG to sell linux games, just to shut up the people who keep dragging Humble Store into conversations :D
I have nothing against it either. I think it'd be great. But this has nothing to do with whiners.
I personally haven't seen any "whining" here. Apart from the ones who whine about linux "whiners".

I'm pretty sure GOG is actually interested about what people want.

Also, since there are a number of linux users here, it's only a good thing to be notified that there is a linux version available elsewhere. It's called a discussion board or forum for a reason, that's where discussion happens. Not only for GOG worship.
nijuu: Id love GOG to sell linux games, just to shut up the people who keep dragging Humble Store into conversations :D
I think it's a good thing that Linux users keep bringing it up. It shows that we would prefer to give GOG our money instead of giving it to another store. That's better than just giving up on GOG and silently abandoning GOG. I also bring it up so that GOG can see there is a demand, and that some sales are actually being lost.
jalister: I think it's a good thing that Linux users keep bringing it up. It shows that we would prefer to give GOG our money instead of giving it to another store. That's better than just giving up on GOG and silently abandoning GOG. I also bring it up so that GOG can see there is a demand, and that some sales are actually being lost.
Same here.
I got this game on Steam and loved it. Will be getting it on here too so I can send it to my dad!
Excellent addition. Thanks GOG!