It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finely ground aliens to take-out.

Shadowgrounds Survivor, a dynamic top-down shooter with swarms of alien horrors to spray with bullets, suggestive visuals, spiffy weapon upgrade system, and four player co-op mode, is now available on GOG.com for only $5.99. With that, its predecessor: Shadowgrounds, receives a Mac version and a permanent price drop to $5.99 as well.

In this indirect continuation of Frozenbyte's exciting alien shooter you'll follow a parallel story of the human commando facing the invasion on the Ganymede colony. The horror creeping in the dark corners of the Universe finally caught up with Terran colonists and the massacre that followed was only survived by a handful of the best trained, bravest, and quickest soldiers. Now it is up to them to put a stop to the extraterrestrial menace that threatens our existence.

Shadowgrounds Survivor delivers non-stop alien-shooting action over the course of 20 diverse missions, and it does so in perfect form. The old-school gameplay concept is paired with very modern visuals. You'll feel the heat of the combat and alien blood splatters as your guns rattle and spit a rain of bullets on your monstrous foes. Are you crazy enough to face the endless waves of beast in the timed survival mode? You can even share the fun with up to three more friends, in the fun and challenging co-op mode. Fun times! Dark and dangerous, but fun.

Humanity needs you again, so grab your upgradeable guns, and seriously kick some alien behind in Shadowgrounds Survivor, for only $5.99.
MoP: Yay! I got to see Roger Waters live and miss this much ballyhooed release yesterday, double win!
Fesin: Oooh, how was it? I really, really want to go (he's in Vienna on Friday), but it's just enormously expensive. Something like 117€. Not even Paul McCartney was that expensive.
I think not even the Rolling Stones were that expensive, the last time they were here.
I didn't quite get the "happy mood" TurnipSlayerr mentions (quite opposite actually), but the backdrop is definitely more current and political, the show being also dedicated to Jean Charles de Menezes.
I was aware beforehand though, and If that doesn't phase You, it's a hell of a show. I pretty much knew what to expect having watched some clips from the previous run (missed the 2011 gig in Lodz and didn't expect him to come back so soon) but still seeing it in person was something else for me personally.

It sure is friggin' expensive, couldn't afford anything near the stage. What kind of spot You get for those 117€? First-row seats over here were around 150€ I think, so that sounds like one of the higher tiers. I settled for the stands, around 50€ (I think they added these around a month before or something), pretty great view, acoustics could've been better at some of the more hectic parts (Waiting For The Worms got kinda crazy) but overall, can't complain, we definitely got our moneys worth (the production is really impressive, and musically they haven't lost a beat), regretting not getting closer.

Only downer for me was the crowd, seemed too mellow and unresponsive for my liking, to the point of a middle-aged gentleman dressing down a younger gentleman sitting in front of him that dared to stand up. Which was during Run Like Hell. So we sat through the whole damn show, but maybe I'm not familiar with stadium-stand-concert-etiquette or something.

Um, TL:DR I definitely recommend it, but this is from a 20-something having been to his first stadium show, so.

Highlight for me was Snowy White nailing the Hey You solo. Unforgettable shivers!
Post edited August 21, 2013 by MoP
TurnipSlayerr: [...]
MoP: [...]
Thanks for the response. I've been slightly wrong though: The cheapest tickets would be a really, really bad seat for 80€. Standing tickets would be "only" ~90€, but they are already sold out. The next highest thing would be seats for 114€.

I also have had my issues with the crowd at larger concerts. Small to medium sized? Awesome! But as soon as it's an international top act, it seems to be impssobile for some reason to get them excited, which is weird to me.
Fesin: Thanks for the response. I've been slightly wrong though: The cheapest tickets would be a really, really bad seat for 80€. Standing tickets would be "only" ~90€, but they are already sold out. The next highest thing would be seats for 114€.

I also have had my issues with the crowd at larger concerts. Small to medium sized? Awesome! But as soon as it's an international top act, it seems to be impssobile for some reason to get them excited, which is weird to me.
Those prices are something else on their own, I suppose this is where I'm thankful for regional pricing (or the appropriate variation of the term).

Well, if You end up going, I hope You'll enjoy it as much as we did and here's to a bit more emotional crowd.
Either way, stay clear of shadowy grounds full of aliens!
Lodium: Really?
Because i cant see any SimonG as the founder at http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Also really strange if you are the only one there since i can see the irc chat full of people and the last update by an Admin was done
02:50, 22 June 2013 by Foxhack who is a mexican guy, i guess i must be having mirages flying around my eyes.
[url=http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/GOGWiki:To_do_guide]http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/GOGWiki:To_do_guide[/url]

Oh, I see JMitch has already clarified it.

Thanks!
JMich: Between what SimonG has done and what I have done for the Wiki, Simon has done more.
Ubivis did the real heavy lifting. I brought the idea up on the forums (but I wasn't the first, I violently necrod a thread that had already suggested it), a few people jumped on it (Vagabound, Maighstir and Damuna especially, iirc) but Ubivis was the one who actually made the homepage and did the technical legwork (as I can't really do that anyway). Without Ubivis, the GOGwiki would have just been another idea buried on the forums. (Who, by the way, was the target of a "downrepping campaign". So much for the community here ... )

Also, for full disclosure, I should mention Thiev (back then "only" a customer) and Xyem (big surprise ;-) ) being very important back then. I just hope I haven't forgotten somebody (but I am afraid I did).
Post edited August 22, 2013 by SimonG
Pretty good game. Already own it from elswhere, of course, but still. Play same-screen coop with a buddy or two if you can, it's a lot of fun. Despite the added variety, I somehow prefer the main game, though. Maybe because while the characters are more varied each individual character is more limited. Take the weapons for instance: Each character only has a few, amounting to about a third of the main game's protagonist's number.
Lodium: snip
amok: I think you may need to use another example. I thought Black Mesa is still under development, and in Beta... They have yet to add Xen and they are trying to add multiplayer support.

It is the Black Mesa team who have not put the game on Steam, not Valve blocking them. You may argue that it should be released under Early Acces? but you need to bug the Black Mesa team to make this happen.
If its in beta, why realese it on their own site for evryone then?
Doesnt seam like a beta to me.
Also Black mesa isnt the only game, though its one of the higer profile ones for sure.

Also, there is other titles on early access
but i guess Black Mesa must be one of those something special exceptions.
Post edited August 22, 2013 by Lodium
amok: I think you may need to use another example. I thought Black Mesa is still under development, and in Beta... They have yet to add Xen and they are trying to add multiplayer support.

It is the Black Mesa team who have not put the game on Steam, not Valve blocking them. You may argue that it should be released under Early Acces? but you need to bug the Black Mesa team to make this happen.
Lodium: If its in beta, why realese it on their own site for evryone then?
Also Black mesa isnt the only game, though its one of the higer profile ones for sure.

Still... it is Black Mesa group who have not provided the files, it is not blocked by Valve, so....

You do not get around very much if you have not seen alpha's and beta's being released. And alpha's and beta's are released by developers all the time, especially for mods, it is a good way for them to test things out. Even Valve are releasing alpha's now, under the name "Early Access" and gog had this as a question in the last questionnaire.

This may also be of interest to you: http://www.desura.com/games#alpha
Lodium: If its in beta, why realese it on their own site for evryone then?

amok: Still... it is Black Mesa group who have not provided the files, it is not blocked by Valve, so....

You do not get around very much if you have not seen alpha's and beta's being released. And alpha's and beta's are released by developers all the time, especially for mods, it is a good way for them to test things out. Even Valve are releasing alpha's now, under the name "Early Access" and gog had this as a question in the last questionnaire.

I know alpha¨s and beta`s gets released on Desura, thats not my point.
My point is it`s got the go ahead by valve and its avaible on their own site for evryone to grab
http://www.blackmesasource.com/
There nothing stopping it to go further, there is no excuse since you got other games on early access in far more unfinnished state than this game.

Btw, theres quite a few that have buggged them already to release it on steam.
But since its Black mesa i guess its ok so long as its them?

Also i`ts free
so there arent any danger to damage the product if you release it on early acsess other than lost traffic.
Remember i`m just using the same standards that other people in this thread are using.
Post edited August 22, 2013 by Lodium
amok: Still... it is Black Mesa group who have not provided the files, it is not blocked by Valve, so....

Lodium: I know alpha¨s and beta`s gets released on Desura, thats not my point.
My point is it`s got the go ahead by valve and its avaible on their own site for evryone to grab
There nothing stopping it to go further, there is no excuse since you got other games on early access in far more unfinnished state than this game.

Also i`ts free
so there arent any danger to damage the product if you release it on early acsess other than lost traffic.
Remember i`m just using the same standards that other people in this thread are using.
I just don't think you understand. Black Mesa is a HL2 mod that has been development pretty much since HL2 was released. It has nothing to do with Valve. It's a mod. It's free. It's not finished. Even if the modding team tried to sell it, they couldn't because they don't own any of the rights to it. You cannot legally sell what you do not own. Your mod does not automatically belong on Steam because you decide to create it. Just because you decide to create a website for your mod does not mean that the mod belongs on Steam. And no, Valve are not, as you say, "baiting" you with a mod that is released for free, that is not finished, that is not up to them to finish or to release.

Capice?
Lodium: I know alpha¨s and beta`s gets released on Desura, thats not my point.

Also i`ts free
FraterPerdurabo: I just don't think you understand. Black Mesa is a HL2 mod that has been development pretty much since HL2 was released. It has nothing to do with Valve. It's a mod. It's free. It's not finished. Even if the modding team tried to sell it, they couldn't because they don't own any of the rights to it. You cannot legally sell what you do not own. Your mod does not automatically belong on Steam because you decide to create it. Just because you decide to create a website for your mod does not mean that the mod belongs on Steam. And no, Valve are not, as you say, "baiting" you with a mod that is released for free, that is not finished, that is not up to them to finish or to release.

Capice?
Oh really So The dev team arent baiting me to come to their site to generate traffic?
Steam arent baiting me since its greenlight ready to check if its out yet each day?
Yea seams legit, sure and im the son of santa claus.
I have not said they shoud sell it
read what i have written.
I have several times said that its free, learn to read.
Post edited August 23, 2013 by Lodium
FraterPerdurabo: I just don't think you understand. Black Mesa is a HL2 mod that has been development pretty much since HL2 was released. It has nothing to do with Valve. It's a mod. It's free. It's not finished. Even if the modding team tried to sell it, they couldn't because they don't own any of the rights to it. You cannot legally sell what you do not own. Your mod does not automatically belong on Steam because you decide to create it. Just because you decide to create a website for your mod does not mean that the mod belongs on Steam. And no, Valve are not, as you say, "baiting" you with a mod that is released for free, that is not finished, that is not up to them to finish or to release.

Capice?
Lodium: Oh really So The dev team arent baiting me to come to their site to generate traffic?
Steam arent baiting me since its on greenlight ready to check if its out yet each day?
And here I have always thought Santa Clause did not have any children.
Lodium: Oh really So The dev team arent baiting me to come to their site to generate traffic?
Steam arent baiting me since its on greenlight ready to check if its out yet each day?
amok: And here I have always thought Santa Clause did not have any children.
The note about santa was a tale with sarcasm in it.
Basicly a lie.

That was a response to the answer i got From FraterPerdurabo that claims neither steam or The dev team behind Black Mesa wish to generate any traffic and therefore are not using any form of bait.
Allthough i he didnt state it exactly like that, but since he twist my words i can do the same i guess.
Post edited August 23, 2013 by Lodium