It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Re-charge and go!

Re-Volt, a dynamic racing game with tons of fun and excitement that only RC toy cars could possibly provide, is available on GOG.com, for only $5.99.

Go through the pipe, use the cardboard ramp to jump across the puddle, zip through the hole in the picket fence and take a sharp turn to fit on the sidewalk. Look at your opponent, he didn't make the turn, and now his car tumbles into the storm drain. Oh no! The battery runs low, and the finish line is still fifty feet away. Time to use the boost, you were saving through the whole race! Wooosh!!! Damn that pidgeon, why did he had to be in the way. Nevermind, the finish line. So close. Battery failing. So slow. Oh no, the buzzing of a tiny engine just around the corner. Get pass the finish line. Now. Victory!

Re-Volt will make your inner child squeal with joy! If you ever got to play with RC cars (or, really, any other type of toy cars as there is no limit to child's imagination), you will find the same whimsical excitement in this fantastic, colorful game. With many types of RC cars to choose from, a great selection of imaginative tracks improvised in some of the most unexpected places, and dynamic gameplay nicely conveying the "light" physics of toy cars. If you're looking for a racing game packed with tons of fun, this classic title is a safe pick for you!

Batteries and plastic can easily prove to be far more exciting than gasoline and metal in Re-Volt, on GOG.com, for only $5.99
johnnygoging: That sounds like something you might do during gogtoberfest! j/k

I got something a bit more inappropriate when I said it 3 times fast.
JudasIscariot: You mean something like Gogblearggghheghh ? :)
Close but not quite. More like if a chicken was being obstructed from crossing by another chicken... :p
JudasIscariot: I did and it came out GOGen Blogen :P
johnnygoging: That sounds like something you might do during gogtoberfest! j/k

I got something a bit more inappropriate when I said it 3 times fast.
Please do a sale event called GOGtoberfest.
JudasIscariot: One GOGBlog coming up! :)

http://gogcom.tumblr.com/
It's a good thing Bob Loblaw isn't in your legal department, otherwise we'd have to deal with "Bob Loblaw's GOG Law Blog"
Shaolin_sKunk: It's a good thing Bob Loblaw isn't in your legal department, otherwise we'd have to deal with "Bob Loblaw's GOG Law Blog"
Isn't that the sound one makes while drowning?
JudasIscariot: One GOGBlog coming up! :)

http://gogcom.tumblr.com/
Yay GOGBlog. :3

Also holy crap those screenshots of the witcher 3 are gorgeous.
Post edited January 29, 2014 by ReynardFox
A little update:

Due to the latest happenings (Re-Volt being taken off of GOG), I have been asked to look for ways of cooperation between WeGo and the community by Roy Park himself.

I told him to go towards Huki and Jigebren and solve the 1.2 problem with them. However, there won't be a solution since they are not, for obvious reasons, giving away their patch. Keep in mind that WeGo used the patch without rights nor permission.
So we are not discussing about WeGo using the 1.2 patch here
(this is not our issue; if Huki and Jig deny, that's it for them)
[...]
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Revolt_Live/index.php?showtopic=3269
real.geizterfahr: A little update:
That bites. Hard. Doesn't seem like they're going to come to an agreement anytime soon. Also I did not know of the Android Re-volt game but it sounds atrocious (In-app purchases? Battery life? Seriously? You want me to pay for cars I used to be able to unlock with a cheat?) There's also a sequel, apparently, which is just the first with some mini-games thrown in, at least if the posters on that forum are anything to go by.

Good thing I bought the original day 1.
So... I don't understand why they couldn't release it in its unpatched form, and leave the community patch separate? It seems their contention is "you already have the source code so patch it yourself" and most especially "we no longer want you to carry the rights to this game as you're incompetent and ruined it." I guess the publisher/current rights holder, WeGo, is based in Korea, and the people they've spoken to have very bad English apparently, making communication all the harder. Doesn't sound like this thing's going to get solved anytime soon unless WeGo hires some competent people who can update the source code themselves and leave the community patch behind.
Let me get one thing straight, what WeGo did is inexcusable but all this made me lost faith in the Re-Volt modding community as well.
To be honest the stance of the modding community makes me puke, they act like they own the game and have the last say in everything.

To the Re-Volt modding community.

Next time when the rights are for grabs, please buy it and put it where the sun don't shine and then get raped by a hoard of wild buffalo's so it will come out the other end and choke on it!

All this makes me feel sorry I bought the game in the first place, I will never play it again.
Can someone explain in layman's terms why the game is removed? What's the whole deal about?
nadenitza: Can someone explain in layman's terms why the game is removed? What's the whole deal about?
WeGo used a community patch to make the game playable on modern systems and sold it on gog, without permission to use the patch from the creators.
Strijkbout: Next time when the rights are for grabs, please buy it and put it where the sun don't shine and then get raped by a hoard of wild buffalo's so it will come out the other end and choke on it!

All this makes me feel sorry I bought the game in the first place, I will never play it again.
I wouldn't express it that harsh, but... Yeah, they do leave a strange impression. They really hate WeGo from the bottom of their hearts (this is beyond the usual "publisher hate" and for totally pointless reasons like "not speaking engllish" and "releasing mediocre mobile games") and see this as their chance to fuck them over. They're right, it's a shit move to steal the modder's work and sell it. But that's not what all this is about... It's only about their hate towards WeGo (as I said: Their big chance to screw their arch-enemy). Reading some posts over there you can easily get the impression that they get angry at every outsider who dares to look at their precious... Strange guys.

I'm a bit torn right now as well... I picked up a gift code for Re-Volt and can't decide what to do with it. Wanted to keep it for a future giveawy, but... Sometimes it's best to let things die, you know... On the other hand... It would be hilarious to make a giveaway where you have to post "WeGo is awesome!" on their forums to enter oO
real.geizterfahr: snip
I hate those guys for letting their miserable drama block the sale of the game. I hate them even more that they are happy with the game's removal. Congratulations dumbasses for making this game digitally available only through piracy.
I would think that GOG could come up with a solution outside of this mod, such as bundling nGlide with the game.
tfishell: I would think that GOG could come up with a solution outside of this mod, such as bundling nGlide with the game.
Technical aspects are not the problem here, I'm afraid.
tfishell: I would think that GOG could come up with a solution outside of this mod, such as bundling nGlide with the game.
Thiev: Technical aspects are not the problem here, I'm afraid.
Fair enough, I'm guessing you mean legal problems.

Personally I hope GOG continues to respect the Re-Volt community, but I do want you guys to figure out a way to put this game back up for sale. I would think removing the fan-made patch and doing your own technical work (which you said wouldn't be a problem) would be enough, but perhaps not.