It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rrrrrrrnnnn! EEEEEEERRrrrrnNNNNNN!

Vrrrrooom! If you like fast cars, tight turns, and pulse-pounding races, then today's release is sure to please: Race Driver: GRID--known in the US simply as GRiD--screeches over the finish line for just $7.49 this week during its 50% off intro sale.

In GRID, you're a driver with dreams of going big: you start out driving in others' cars for money, but soon enough you'll start your own team, picking the races you want to compete in, buying the cars and equipment that you need to get the advantage over the other drivers, and traveling the world to compete. With 43 cars and 3 different regions to compete in--the US, Europe, and Japan--there's plenty to captivate adrenaline junkies. But that's not all: GRID also features an innovative "flashback" system, whereby you can rewind time a few crucial seconds to fix any sloppy driving or mistakes, avoid crashes, and generally gain the needed edge to win. With open wheel racing, demolition derbies, GT racing, there's plenty of variety in gameplay.

Real road courses such as Le Mans are in the game, as well as street circuits such as such as the Detroit and Washington D.C.. There are also a number of fictional tracks, such as street courses in San Francisco,and Milan, and Mount Haruna.

Is that enough to get your pulse pounding? Check out Race Driver: GRID this week for just $7.49--that's half off the full $14.99 price!
<br />
Bought it a few days ago, overhyped to try my new game. But after a short while, I started recognizing the tracks, the events, etc. Then I remembered: I actually played Grid on console when it was released back in the days, I just had completely forgotten about it! Still an awesome game though. :P
Bought before promo closes. Waiting til next rollover (isp) to download. Really quite awesome GOG managed to get this game. Now Dirt 2 is the next game i want here......
nijuu: Bought before promo closes. Waiting til next rollover (isp) to download. Really quite awesome GOG managed to get this game. Now Dirt 2 is the next game i want here......
DIRT 2 uses GFWL, has GOG ever been able to get a game that had GFWL, and made it DRM-free? Seems like it'd be a complicated issue.
nijuu: Bought before promo closes. Waiting til next rollover (isp) to download. Really quite awesome GOG managed to get this game. Now Dirt 2 is the next game i want here......
spoderman: DIRT 2 uses GFWL, has GOG ever been able to get a game that had GFWL, and made it DRM-free? Seems like it'd be a complicated issue.
No idea to be honest. Would be interesting to see if could happen since GOG has a decent relationship with Codemasters
Ah, I bought it in the Codemasters Racing Megapack (together with Dirt 1 and Fuel).

Anyway, a really great release and hope, to see more games in the future. It would be really awesome, if GOG would have other "similar" racing games as well (like Xpand Rally - Xtreme - series, etc.) These do not have any real licensed cars, so it should be no problem ... or, what do you think?

Or something like Powerdrome, Crashday, Cobra 11 series etc.
There is nothing better than some good arcade racing games :)
mrpalo: I never found a racing game with an awesome AI as Grid! Other cars are aggressive, make mistakes and it's not that easy to beat.
Except for that effin' Raven West team. They're fast, aggressive, and rarely ever make mistakes. Plus they almost always start on the front row while you'd be lucky to start in the midfield.
Too bad that all levels have walls ... Flat Out is much more fun!
Codmasters makes excellent racing games. I just finished Dirt 3 and its just a beautiful game. Great driving physics and graphics are just awesome.
Given GOG's history with licensed stuff (read: highly unsuccessful) am I right in thinking that either this game doesn't have the usual temporary licenses? Or do GOG know the date this one's going to get pulled? I can't believe that neither's true.
Navagon: Given GOG's history with licensed stuff (read: highly unsuccessful) am I right in thinking that either this game doesn't have the usual temporary licenses? Or do GOG know the date this one's going to get pulled? I can't believe that neither's true.
I'm sure the lawyers know...but, you know, lawyers don't tell. They are superior like that.

Lawyer in background: "No comment."