It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Last of The Dreamers is you.

Omikron: The Nomad Soul, a remarkable action-adventure game full of unique gameplay ideas and featuring a groundbreakingly complex alternate reality, teeming with life and waiting for you to explore it, is available on GOG.com, for only $9.99.

A fair warning: when you play this game, your very soul will be sucked into a strange realm where the glorious city of Omikron is troubled by demonic forces. The essence of your being will be trapped in this different dimension, doomed to inhabit one body after another, until you manage to find release. You'll have to explore the mysteries of Omikron, uncover the evil plot pushing it towards ultimate darkness, and fight your way through many dangers. You're the only hope of the Omikronians, and even your own fate is at stake. Sure, you might not believe it, but let's suspend disbelief for a moment. What if it's all true?

Omikron: The Nomad Soul, came way ahead of its time, with its lush and complex virtual world, diverse gameplay mechanics, and original immersive storytelling. It succeeded in creating an illusion of stepping into another world and obliterated the barrier between the virtual reality and our own. The project was so fresh, imaginative, and ambitious that David Bowie himself was more than willing to take a prominent part in the production. You can even meet his lookalike in the game and listen to him performing!

A brave new world awaits you in Omikron: The Nomad Soul, for only $9.99 on GOG.com. Just be advised, we take no responsibility for whatever happens to you in the other reality.
zuhutay: It's true that at some moments, you can be left in this huge environment not knowing what to do, where to go, with the feeling that you might have missed something in the dialogues. That occured to me at least once and that was part of the fun.

Games featuring a real freedom of action are rare. Freedom is an illusion, it's a feeling subtly conveyed by little details in the gameplay. What matters is that the player feels free, not that he was actually. I found myself wandering in the streets just to enjoy this universe, going back to the apartment to listen to some music. Wow, that was fantastic!

I consider Omikron an 'adventure game' because when I ended it, I had the feeling I had done many things, lived many things, visited many different places, met many people... In a word, I had lived a great adventure.

As regards fighting sequences, I found them easy. I kept hitting my keyboard frantically, using the same combos. Fighting for money made me rich in the game. FPS parts are horrible, you're right, but they are rather easy, too. The only difficulty is to find the courage to do them when you're used to playing real shooters.

However imperfect it may be, I remain convinced that Omikron is a masterpiece in the videogame industry. Developers tried to mix many things in the game to offer a rich and varied experience, they had many ideas (including David Bowie was one!). I have played far too many dull uninspired games to appreciate this one.

(Sorry if I sound like a fanboy, this is not the case, and I hated Fahrenheit :D)
I would tend to agree with this, by and large (I played on DC and PC), as regards the difficulty, I remember those sequences being fairly sucky, but playable, but, I think back then, players had more tolerance for difficulty spikes and would tend to persist until they were overcome.

I hated Heavy Rain, the whole premise that the moron of a father would ever be let mind a fecking pet rock, let alone a child, grated heavily on me, the end was BS without going into spoiler territory, it was a major WTF??? moment and the game itself just seemed like a tech demo for the 6 axis controller. The origami paper insert was a cool idea, so the game wasnt a total bust. :)

Cant wait to try the gog Omikron if there has been a control configuration improvement.
Funnily enough, I won this game on the Dreamcast for a Soul Calibur competition.
Hillsy_: Funnily enough, I won this game on the Dreamcast for a Soul Calibur competition.
I never got why the cut out the ambient music in the DC version. Anekbah is so quiet without it.
WHY GOG?!!! Why release this when I'm broke? T-T Great to see it here though, just wish I could get it.
QTE in Omikron? Dang I may have to rethink this one. QTE just pull me right out of immersion, slap me in the face and say "your playing a game!" I have to pay so much attention to which button to push that I can't even enjoy what is on screen. One of the reasons I did not get Fahrenheit and I don't like them in The Witcher II. Here I am a bad ass Witcher that has been mowing through everything that moves and suddenly I'm brawling with a lowly prison guard and he's kicking my ass because I didn't push "W" at the right time.

QTE are more for the person that is watching me play the game.
book99: QTE in Omikron? Dang I may have to rethink this one. QTE just pull me right out of immersion, slap me in the face and say "your playing a game!" I have to pay so much attention to which button to push that I can't even enjoy what is on screen. One of the reasons I did not get Fahrenheit and I don't like them in The Witcher II. Here I am a bad ass Witcher that has been mowing through everything that moves and suddenly I'm brawling with a lowly prison guard and he's kicking my ass because I didn't push "W" at the right time.

Agreed, but where did you read that Omikron has QTE? Admittedly, I've only played it for 2-3 hours and wasn't that impressed but unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't have QTEs, only somewhat sub-par FPS and Beat-Em-Up segments (the controls aren't great, but you actually control your character).
Post edited March 21, 2013 by Leroux
book99: QTE in Omikron? Dang I may have to rethink this one. QTE just pull me right out of immersion, slap me in the face and say "your playing a game!" I have to pay so much attention to which button to push that I can't even enjoy what is on screen. One of the reasons I did not get Fahrenheit and I don't like them in The Witcher II. Here I am a bad ass Witcher that has been mowing through everything that moves and suddenly I'm brawling with a lowly prison guard and he's kicking my ass because I didn't push "W" at the right time.

Leroux: Agreed, but where did you read that Omikron has QTE? Admittedly, I've only played it for 2-3 hours and wasn't that impressed but unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't have QTEs, only somewhat sub-par FPS and Beat-Em-Up segments (the controls aren't great, but you actually control your character).
I stand corrected. I was reading this thread and paging back through posts and I was under the impression Omikron had QTE.
Leroux: Agreed, but where did you read that Omikron has QTE? Admittedly, I've only played it for 2-3 hours and wasn't that impressed but unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't have QTEs, only somewhat sub-par FPS and Beat-Em-Up segments (the controls aren't great, but you actually control your character).
book99: I stand corrected. I was reading this thread and paging back through posts and I was under the impression Omikron had QTE.
It was probably in a parallel discussion about Heavy Rain or Fahrenheit, because it's the same developer team. :)
The first time i looked at the games page there was this note:
[i][Compatibility notice: This game is incompatible with graphics cards equipped with more than 2GB (2048MB) of Video RAM. /i]
Now it says the minimum requirements are
3D graphics card with 1 GB of RAM or more,

So what's what?
OlstylePCGH: The first time i looked at the games page there was this note:
[i][Compatibility notice: This game is incompatible with graphics cards equipped with more than 2GB (2048MB) of Video RAM. /i]
Now it says the minimum requirements are
3D graphics card with 1 GB of RAM or more,

So what's what?
I assume it's related to the update mentioned here.
Post edited April 05, 2013 by adambiser
Thanks.
Looks like now I could buy this without a doubt about compatibility to my main system. Even thought the steep minimum requirements would mean no other rig can run it at all.