It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is this title compensating for something?

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude: Uncut and Uncensored!, an unruly adventure game brazenly showing its sexy 3D bits, available on GOG.com, for only $5.99.

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/leisure_suit_larry_magna_cum_laude_uncut_and_uncensored][/url]The legendary leisure suit got passed on. Meet Larry Lovage, the young man destined to carry on the heritage of his uncle, the legendary womanizer and the God's gift to womankind--Larry Laffer. Ok, that might be a bit of an exaggeration. Larry Lovage, the hero of Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude: Uncut and Uncensored! is just as well suited to wear the leisure suit, as his uncle was a unstoppable love machine. But that won't stop him, oh no! There are still some hot chicks in the world that never heard the name Larry Lovage. It's a good thing--they won't know what's coming.

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude: Uncut and Uncensored! takes the fan-favorite Leisure Suit Larry series for a spin in the realm of 3D. Gameplay-wise it's much different from it's predecessors, but the naughty humor is still there, no worries. Once you wrap your head around its concept and the main character who is Larry Laffer's nephew, it will offer you many enjoyable and playful mini-games.

If you wonder what happens when Lovage hits the streets, get Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude: Uncut and Uncensored! for only $5.99 on GOG.com.
I find it funny that people are still talking about The Guy Game after I brought it up in passing. I highly doubt that it would be released here on GOG since it is barely a game (Yes, I used to own it on PC...blame hormones.). And Top Heavy Studios went under shortly after the game was released, so who knows were those rights got off to? I think Playboy: The Mansion or The Singles games stand a better chance of being released here.
Jeez... why have so many people got their panties in a bunch about this game being added to GOG?
It's a fun game if you want something casual for laughs. It's not a classic or even an adventure game, but I don't agree with the idea that a game shouldn't be offered on GOG just because of some elitist notion of what constitutes a good game.

To each his own. I for one like this game and would purchase it if I didn't own it already. They all have their merits...except Box Office Bust. Now that's a steaming turd right there. Still, I wouldn't complain even if that piece if dogshit was on offer here. Someone may find enjoyment out of it...
Well, Box Office Bust is *really* garbage, even in comparison to Magna Cum Laude.

I played the game today, found it in my pile of unplayed PC games in my shelf. After playing some time I think the hate stems from a false perspective: it is a straight PS2 game and ported to the PC, though the keyboad reference has some adjustments and shortcuts for playing it with the mouse and keyboard.

Just pretend this is a PS2 game and all is fine.
WBGhiro: Aw shit. Why!?
Contractual obligations. And anyone that buys it is encouraging them to do it more. Remember, you don't get System Shock II here by buying other crappy games by the same publisher, you get more crappy games.
WBGhiro: Aw shit. Why!?
anjohl: Contractual obligations. And anyone that buys it is encouraging them to do it more. Remember, you don't get System Shock II here by buying other crappy games by the same publisher, you get more crappy games.
I see no reason for it to not be here. I'd rather have a choice tho buy it or not then not at all.
anjohl: Contractual obligations. And anyone that buys it is encouraging them to do it more. Remember, you don't get System Shock II here by buying other crappy games by the same publisher, you get more crappy games.
morciu: I see no reason for it to not be here. I'd rather have a choice tho buy it or not then not at all.
But if it's here, it will statistically sell at least one copy. If it sells at least one copy, the publisher will receive revenue from the release. If the publisher receives revenue from it, they will be encouraged to continue releasing other bad games. Law of incentives.
morciu: I see no reason for it to not be here. I'd rather have a choice tho buy it or not then not at all.
anjohl: But if it's here, it will statistically sell at least one copy. If it sells at least one copy, the publisher will receive revenue from the release. If the publisher receives revenue from it, they will be encouraged to continue releasing other bad games. Law of incentives.
what if there are people that enjoy these bad games
anjohl: But if it's here, it will statistically sell at least one copy. If it sells at least one copy, the publisher will receive revenue from the release. If the publisher receives revenue from it, they will be encouraged to continue releasing other bad games. Law of incentives.
Well, if they sell enough copies of a game to warrant a sequel then maybe it wasn't a bad game at all. Maybe it just doesn't suit your taste.

But if selling one copy warrants a sequel it must be a really cheap game. :-)
morciu: what if there are people that enjoy these bad games
They are part of the problem.
morciu: what if there are people that enjoy these bad games
anjohl: They are part of the problem.
Burn them in cleansing fire!
anjohl: They are part of the problem.
Ophelium: Burn them in cleansing fire!
I just state the facts. The social organization/response to said facts do not concern me. I deal in underpinnings, not dressings.
Post edited May 21, 2013 by anjohl
Ophelium: Burn them in cleansing fire!
anjohl: I just state the facts. The social organization/response to said facts do not concern me. I deal in underpinnings, not dressings.
I meant that completely in jest. But to state that people who like bad games (or even other media, if you think about it) and perpetuate their existence as a 'problem' suggests that there may be a solution. I'm curious as to what that solution would be that works out for everyone.
anjohl: I just state the facts. The social organization/response to said facts do not concern me. I deal in underpinnings, not dressings.
Ophelium: I meant that completely in jest. But to state that people who like bad games (or even other media, if you think about it) and perpetuate their existence as a 'problem' suggests that there may be a solution. I'm curious as to what that solution would be that works out for everyone.
The solution is that every eligible classic game be ranked, with said rankings being comprised 50% from the community, and 50% by critics, and that no game be released by a publisher who has refused to release one of their higher ranked games. It's a similar approach that critics of the rock and roll hall of fame advocate, that you release games in order of importance, no convenience to publishers. The message should be sent that we want your AAA titles first, and then MAYBE we will look at your B and Q ranked titles.