It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is this title compensating for something?

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude: Uncut and Uncensored!, an unruly adventure game brazenly showing its sexy 3D bits, available on GOG.com, for only $5.99.

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/leisure_suit_larry_magna_cum_laude_uncut_and_uncensored][/url]The legendary leisure suit got passed on. Meet Larry Lovage, the young man destined to carry on the heritage of his uncle, the legendary womanizer and the God's gift to womankind--Larry Laffer. Ok, that might be a bit of an exaggeration. Larry Lovage, the hero of Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude: Uncut and Uncensored! is just as well suited to wear the leisure suit, as his uncle was a unstoppable love machine. But that won't stop him, oh no! There are still some hot chicks in the world that never heard the name Larry Lovage. It's a good thing--they won't know what's coming.

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude: Uncut and Uncensored! takes the fan-favorite Leisure Suit Larry series for a spin in the realm of 3D. Gameplay-wise it's much different from it's predecessors, but the naughty humor is still there, no worries. Once you wrap your head around its concept and the main character who is Larry Laffer's nephew, it will offer you many enjoyable and playful mini-games.

If you wonder what happens when Lovage hits the streets, get Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude: Uncut and Uncensored! for only $5.99 on GOG.com.
Theoclymenus: Ideas for future releases :
Big Rigs : Over the Road Racing
How about Street Cleaning Simulator?

I was going to link to a great "Worst game ever" video of this on youtube but unfortunately it seems it has been removed (video was from stanburdman).
Post edited May 14, 2013 by CrowTRobo
Theoclymenus: Ideas for future releases :
Big Rigs : Over the Road Racing
CrowTRobo: How about Street Cleaning Simulator?

I was going to link to a great "Worst game ever" video of this on youtube but unfortunately it seems it has been removed (video was from stanburdman).
It sounds hilarious : your AI opponent doesn't even move and you can drive through houses !

Who hasn't wanted to role play as a street cleaner at some point ? I think there's a game called Toilet Tycoon as well.
Novotnus: The other one I'm thinking about is shitty, tasteles and - unlike I'm O.K. - it's not made as a joke. At least baded on what I've read - I wouldn't touch it even with a stick.
Theoclymenus: I know you don't want to name the game but can you give us a hint ? Depending on which Prime Minister you get to fight I might be interested in playing it ....
I believe the Prime Minister in question was Ariel Sharon.
CrowTRobo: You got a point there, being an original Hellraiser-based script, not a random horror script which got Hellraiser slapped onto it like 5-8. Maybe I can't get over the low-budget and rushed production. The less than 80min run time also bothered me. But I can see how it might be unfair to compare it to a full-fledged production like the other ones including 8, which was terrible. I think 4 went back to the roots a little bit also, provided somewhat of a conclusion. It should have been the third installment, instead of Hell on Earth, which had more in common with 8.
Bloodlines' main fault is repeating the mistake made in Hell on Earth - which is making Cenobites the villains. Hellraiser and Hellbound were so unique because, despite monsters being present, the main antagonists of both stories were human. I like the message here :) Besides, Bloodlines were terribly buthered in post-production (as you can see reading the script). Much of it's potential was wasted.
Hell on Earth was crappy, but at least they cared to explain why Pinhead acted the way he acted (again, in the script he stops acting like an asshole after Elliot intervention and peacefuly goes back to Hell).
5-7, I kind of like on their own terms. Those (ecpecially 7) work within the mythos.
8 is just an abomination and it's laughed at by everybody.
9 is bad, but it's not it's fault. I blame Dimension and I think Vic Garcia deserves better treatment from the fans for what he did with given resources.
Theoclymenus: I know you don't want to name the game but can you give us a hint ? Depending on which Prime Minister you get to fight I might be interested in playing it ....
Ophelium: I believe the Prime Minister in question was Ariel Sharon.
That's him.
Post edited May 14, 2013 by Novotnus
I'm pretty sure this is here only because GOG either wanted to complete the series or they had to complete sell these in order to be able to sell the good LSLs. I'm guessing we'll see Box Office Bust appear eventually, only (hopefully) with another good release on the same day.
CrowTRobo: You got a point there, being an original Hellraiser-based script, not a random horror script which got Hellraiser slapped onto it like 5-8. Maybe I can't get over the low-budget and rushed production. The less than 80min run time also bothered me. But I can see how it might be unfair to compare it to a full-fledged production like the other ones including 8, which was terrible. I think 4 went back to the roots a little bit also, provided somewhat of a conclusion. It should have been the third installment, instead of Hell on Earth, which had more in common with 8.
Novotnus: Bloodlines' main fault is repeating the mistake made in Hell on Earth - which is making Cenobites the villains. Hellraiser and Hellbound were so unique because, despite monsters being present, the main antagonists of both stories were human. I like the message here :) Besides, Bloodlines were terribly buthered in post-production (as you can see reading the script). Much of it's potential was wasted.
Hell on Earth was crappy, but at least they cared to explain why Pinhead acted the way he acted (again, in the script he stops acting like an asshole after Elliot intervention and peacefuly goes back to Hell).
5-7, I kind of like on their own terms. Those (ecpecially 7) work within the mythos.
8 is just an abomination and it's laughed at by everybody.
9 is bad, but it's not it's fault. I blame Dimension and I think Vic Garcia deserves better treatment from the fans for what he did with given resources.
Ophelium: I believe the Prime Minister in question was Ariel Sharon.
Novotnus: That's him.
I've identified the game. Wow, he was still alive when they released it !
Theoclymenus: I've identified the game. Wow, he was still alive when they released it !
I don't think people who make such games have enough decency to care.
Okay so I just looked up some old reviews of this game. Holy shit GOG, the rest of May better be good to atone for this
Crosmando: Okay so I just looked up some old reviews of this game. Holy shit GOG, the rest of May better be good to atone for this
Exactly! Box Office Bust is a must!
Some of you fail to realise a sensible thing, maybe because you dont know anything about Leisuire Suit Larry. Maybe because you never played the games. Some of you dont realise a sensible thing: Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude isnt party of any Leisuire Suit Larry series. It has nothing to do with it. There was no need to complete anything. The Leisuire Suit Larry series is made up of six games:

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards
Leisure Suit Larry Goes Looking for Love (in Several Wrong Places)
Leisure Suit Larry III: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals
Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work
Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out!
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail!

Thats the Leisure Suit Larry canon right there.
SmallDickie: The Leisuire Suit Larry series is made up of six games
I agree. Just like the Matrix trilogy is made up of only the first movie.
SmallDickie: The Leisuire Suit Larry series is made up of six games
Darling_Jimmy: I agree. Just like the Matrix trilogy is made up of only the first movie.
You are so funny. The 6 Leisuire Suit Larry games were adventure games created by Al Lowe and other guys at Sierra. Nobody from these games participated in the making of Magna Cum Laude. Magna Cum Laude isnt even an adventure game, it has nothing similar with Leisuire Suit Larry regarding gameplay, story, characters, humor, puzzles, anything. The only common thing betewen this game and the six LSL games is the title. That is all. So, thats why your Matrix irony was lame.
Post edited May 15, 2013 by SmallDickie
SmallDickie: The only common thing betewen this game and the six LSL games is the title. That is all. So, thats why your Matrix irony was lame.
...and let's remove Simon the Sorcerer 3D from GOG too! It's lame! It's a collection of minigames and lame puzzles! It lacks original's nice graphics.
high rated
Darling_Jimmy: I agree. Just like the Matrix trilogy is made up of only the first movie.
SmallDickie: You are so funny. The 6 Leisuire Suit Larry games were adventure games created by Al Lowe and other guys at Sierra. Nobody from these games participated in the making of Magna Cum Laude. Magna Cum Laude isnt even an adventure game, it has nothing similar with Leisuire Suit Larry regarding gameplay, story, characters, humor, puzzles, anything. The only common thing betewen this game and the six LSL games is the title. That is all. So, thats why your Matrix irony was lame.
Hmm... a LSL fan with no sense of humour. Neat.
Eeeaaahhh its useles.. You dont get it. Enjoy Magna Cum Laude. Congratulations GOG for this game! I will end this drable here. Its pointless.
Post edited May 15, 2013 by SmallDickie