It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brandon, I have your saw!

Legend of Kyrandia, an unforgettable, classic point-and-click adventure game packed with wondrous locations, mythical creatures, and downright evil sense of humor, is available on GOG.com for only $5.99.

[url=http://www.gog.com/game/legend_of_kyrandia][/url]Welcome to the wonderful kingdom of Kyrandia, a land of astounding beauty, home to countless enchanted creatures and spellbinding locations. Alas, dark clouds gather on the horizon: Malcolm, the court jester, has done something terrible and the magical realm will never be the same again. Unless you, Prince Brandon, can achieve the impossible and outfox the demented joker. Remember when adventure games challenged you to beat them, without cutting you any slack? Remember when you had to draw a location map not to get lost in the maze, or were wary of crossing a funny-looking bridge, in fear of falling to a terrible death? Legend of Kyrandia, in all its classic charm and glory, is the epitome of those games.

Legend of Kyrandia is one of the gems of the classic adventure games era. First in the series of three titles, it established the original setting of Kyrandia, a land of unparalleled beauty, and, at the same time, menacing dangers. Celebrated for its unique tone of mischievous humor and inventive quests, it has also been considered a milestone in adventure games evolution. The game introduced innovative elements to the genre, with extremely simple interface and creative use of inventory items. It also made you suffer and die in many imaginative ways (one of them including a particularly charming slasher smile and a very sharp saw).

Prepare for some old-school questing and lose yourself (literally) in a perilous kingdom of Kyrandia, get Legend of Kyrandia, for only $5.99 on GOG.com!
Kunovski: so you probably have like 20 testers out of the 55? only 20 people who all had to play more than 500 games from start to end? that's just... wow :) huge respect!
... I feel soooo sorry for them! ;p

TheEnigmaticT: Our test team is fewer than 10, actually.
I bet that Judas take care of half of the games, the bastard.
Kunovski: so you probably have like 20 testers out of the 55? only 20 people who all had to play more than 500 games from start to end? that's just... wow :) huge respect!

EDIT: And i'd note that only two or three of them have played any given game for work.
Wait, 10 people for 30 machines? I know the life of a tester is NOT about playing games for fun (making sure they run, looking for bugs, etc.), but are you guys still looking for any online testers (not people physically in Poland), or do you specifically keep a low number due to budget constraints? Could I email a resume somewhere? EDIT: http://www.gog.com/work#about_us suggests you don't need anymore, which is cool. (When was this page updated?! Never seen this behind-the-scenes photos before!)

It's hugely unfortunate NDAs and what not don't allow you to use community support.
Post edited September 15, 2013 by tfishell
I'm at work now, but needed to take a 5min break to post this. My first post when this was released was simply "Instabuy. nuff said". But that really isn't enough to express my appreciation for this game.

This game was one of the first adventure games I ever played, along with the classic Lucasarts and Sierra series (not to mention I Have No Mouth and I Must Screem). Very fond memories from my early teens.

So a big THANKS to GOG for these classics. Here's hoping you guys get access to the Lucasarts catalogue one day too!
so cool to read that there is so much love for this great game :)
Stooner: ... I feel soooo sorry for them! ;p

Stooner: I bet that Judas take care of half of the games, the bastard.
Nah, not really. I only step in every once in a while and even then I only do it on an emergency or something like that. I do have to give some major props to our QA team since I had some first-hand experience in what they do and it is not easy :)
timppu: Sales data, mainly.

If e.g. selling newer games really is such a bad idea to GOG business as some make it out to be, I'm pretty sure GOG would stop doing it.
RevGalen: Yeah. Here comes the achievements and cards.
About bloody time.
So happy to finally see this here! Thanks a ton, GOG!

I do hope we'll be seeing the rest of the series soon, as well!
Post edited September 18, 2013 by BFarmer1980
Ahhhh so many memories w/this game. My mom had this game when I was a kid, and me and my older sister played through it together with her. We loved the game so much when we finished we would even read the walkthrough manual for fun. I've always felt the Legend of Kyrandia series is extremely underrated. It deserves to be mentioned with games like Monkey's Island, King's Quest, etc. Here's hoping GOG adds 2 and 3, as well.
pasports31: Here's hoping GOG adds 2 and 3, as well.
At this point it's really not a matter of IF but WHEN. Seems like GOG's taking its sweet time releasing some of these EA-owned classics.
Post edited September 18, 2013 by mistermumbles
I wonder if this is the talkie or non-talkie version of the game?
Kolzig: I wonder if this is the talkie or non-talkie version of the game?
It's talkie
I have read that you can die in this game, but can you also get permastuck like in the King's Quest games? I don't mean getting stuck for days in a Point and Click, but if I have to restart the game/load an older save without really knowing what did I mess up is a huge turnoff for me. Simply can't complete those type of games without using a guide and I HATE using guides.
Tsugirai: I have read that you can die in this game, but can you also get permastuck like in the King's Quest games? I don't mean getting stuck for days in a Point and Click, but if I have to restart the game/load an older save without really knowing what did I mess up is a huge turnoff for me. Simply can't complete those type of games without using a guide and I HATE using guides.
Apparently, http://www.gog.com/forum/general/kyrandia/post22

Got both the first and third game on cd but i never managed to finish also because i failed to see the logic in the puzzles and things but i was younger back then, wouldn't mind trying it out again.
If you just save alot i don't think there will be lot of problems.

piece from a faq
=============================================================================
Intro about the game and this FAQ
=============================================================================
The Legend of Kyrandia is a classic, and even after all these years, a must
have for everybody who loves adventure games.

What you have to know is that there is only one 'dead end' in the game (in
which you can no longer win) and that's when you go to the royal castle too
early, but I'll warn when you get there in the FAQ. There are lots of way
to die though, so I recommend to save often."
Post edited September 21, 2013 by lugum
lugum: ...What you have to know is that there is only one 'dead end' in the game (in
which you can no longer win) and that's when you go to the royal castle too
early, but I'll warn when you get there in the FAQ...
that is strange... I do remember from when I played it as a kid, once you leave the "purple light" caverns and you don't have the needed items with you, you're just stuck...