It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Release of the Beast.

Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition (also known as: Kult: Heretic Kingdoms), a sleek isometric fantasy action RPG with many interesting gameplay ideas, set in a vast gritty world deprived of hope, but filled with monsters and dangers, is available on GOG.com for only $5.99.

At the first glance, the sword seemed like nothing special. Yes, the craftsmanship was excellent, and you could see that its creator went to great lengths to make the weapon look as ominous as a piece of steel can get, but there were many similar blades across the land. If anything, this one looked a little bit rusty and battered up. It was only as she reached for the hilt, when a slight vibration could be noticed. Like an electric charge hitting her hand. For a moment, the blade seemed to be gleaming--barely noticeable inner shine. What she thought to be flakes of rust shined in crimson red, like fresh blood embedded into the metal itself. But then, nothing special happened. She just stood there, holding the sword, looking at it in silence. Nobody else would even notice, but she knew. In her hand, rested the blade that tasted the blood of god. The Godslayer.

Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition is a classic action-rpg that has the ambition of delivering some original ideas an making your experience unique. It makes sure that upon completion, you won't just feel like you've completed another generic hack-and-slash. It succeeds by the means of excellent storytelling, dynamic gameplay, and some original RPG mechanics. If you are a fan of the genre, but somehow you managed to overlook this title in the past, you're up for one satisfying experience! The GOG.com edition of the game comes with a full MP3 soundtrack.

Adventure awaits, so go on--discover the land that needs hope and decide if it deserves it in Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition, for only $5.99 on GOG.com!

NOTICE:
GOG.com team would like to thank our users: IAmSinistar for finding the rights holder for Heretic Kingdoms and tfishell for passing on the information to us. Without your help, we wouldn't have the game today so thanks again for your assistance in making this release possible. This is why GOG.com community rocks, guys!
WOW...I always wanted this game. I was part of a website that, a long time ago (they went under in 2004) reviewed this game and gave the site admin a copy. I offered him a hundred bucks for the darn thing and he wouldn't sell it. Wouldn't even copy it (I understand the legality there)

Now I finally get to play it.
Fever_Discordia: and amazing that this thread
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_search_for_game_rights_a_diaryesque_thread

is actually bearing fruit - great work guys!
Seconded!
SmashManiac: Is the thread still alive? If yes, can you link it please?
tfishell: It's alive-ish. :) I've definitely slowed down on my part due to other things like paying off college loans (and seeing if previous research will continue to pay off in the future), but you're welcome to view what's happening here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_search_for_game_rights_a_diaryesque_thread
Awesome, thanks! WIll check it out and see if I can help myself! :)
What irks me is that on Tuesday GOG is going to release an indie and some jackass is going to complain they never release any 'good old games' anymore. I love selective memory, don't you? :P
tinyE: What irks me is that on Tuesday GOG is going to release an indie and some jackass is going to complain they never release any 'good old games' anymore. I love selective memory, don't you? :P
Business as usual then.
overread: Great to see this title here [...]

However I have to complain quite seriously now as GOG has really dropped the ball here.

The "What's cool about it:" makes no mention of narration by Tom Baker!! How can you leave that part out!!?!???
Indeed.

Related plug:
Good thing I created a Tom Baker GOG-Mix to at least get his name on the page!   ;-)
Oh man! I absolutely adored this game when it was released. My copy stopped working years ago, so this was one of my top GOG release wishes! Instabuy!
IAmSinistar: Hurrah! Glad I could help bring a good old game to GOG, and extra plaudits for the price point! A bit of extra joy on my Thanksgiving now.
Thanksgiving to you ;)
Glad to see this make it to GOG. I emailed 3D People about it about two years ago and never got a response.

Wishlisted for now, but hope to grab it soon.
adambiser: Glad to see this make it to GOG. I emailed 3D People about it about two years ago and never got a response.
Heh, I did the same thing around the same time with the same outcome.
Wonderful
adambiser: Glad to see this make it to GOG. I emailed 3D People about it about two years ago and never got a response.
adamzs: Heh, I did the same thing around the same time with the same outcome.
Sorry for the enormous bump, but I wanted to chime in and say that's what occurred with the vast majority of my "research" into game rights (trying to make contact with the appropriate people), so I (think I) understand what you're talking about.
Maybe this is not the place, but thanks to the ones that made this game available in GOG.