It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome to your new turn-based addiction!

Eador. Masters of the Broken World, a fantastic turn-based strategy game of epic proportions, with RPG elements, is available on GOG.com, for only $19.99.

The shards of Eador, the world shattered by the legendary cataclysm, are never at peace. The demigod masters, the immortal rulers of this strange realm, wage eternal wars against each other. This is a land that lost its hope for being reunited, broken beyond fixing. Is there even a slightest chance to mend the wounds that have been there for what it seems like forever? Is there a power strong enough to conquer all the opposition and end the chaos forever? Could that power be you?

Eador. Masters of the Broken World is the next big thing in turn-based strategy games. It takes all the complexity you would expect from a 4X game (that is: eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate), adds some extra challenge, extends the gameworld beyond measure, and finishes off the mixture with some top-notch dreamy graphics. If you're looking for one game, that you can easily keep playing and replaying for years to come, you have found it.

Take a few days off, kiss your loved ones goodbye, set an automatic feeder for your cat and take a plunge into the multi-layered universe of Eador. Masters of the Broken World, for only $19.99 on GOG.com!
OK, is it just me, or does anyone else find it hard to believe anything a person who goes by JudasIscariot says?

I know it's just a board name, but something drove him to pick the name of a back stabbing sell out.

So, I'll just wait and see if this patch comes out.
sirchet: OK, is it just me, or does anyone else find it hard to believe anything a person who goes by JudasIscariot says?

I know it's just a board name, but something drove him to pick the name of a back stabbing sell out.

So, I'll just wait and see if this patch comes out.
Well, I do have the patch sitting on my shelf. Jeez, dude, lighten up.
GOG just updated to the 1.0.4 patch:

http://www.snowbirdgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/patch-notes-april-26.1700/

I was disappointed in the state of the game at release, but I have to say that I'm impressed with how much they fixed within the first week. I started playing Genesis because I thought it might take them longer to get their act together, but I'm happily wrong, I'm just now torn between which version to play.
Soyeong: GOG just updated to the 1.0.4 patch:

I'm just now torn between which version to play.
Thanks for the update, I'm watching but still can't decide which one to get, though I'm leaning towards Masters... :)
Post edited April 26, 2013 by GhostwriterDoF
DId they ever announce who the winners of this game were on the previous "news" announcement for the pre-order, the one where we asked questions to the devs, etc. For that matter, was there even a thread where they answered those questions? I couldn't find that thread just now so not how far back it may be buried.
ww_gog: For that matter, was there even a thread where they answered those questions? I couldn't find that thread just now so not how far back it may be buried.
You mean this one?
sirchet: OK, is it just me, or does anyone else find it hard to believe anything a person who goes by JudasIscariot says?

Ok but if I remeber my mythology correctly, he would only do that if his boss would order him to!

jamotide: Ok but if I remeber my mythology correctly, he would only do that if his boss would order him to!
I... don't think you're remembering your mythology correctly.

Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests,
And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.
And from that time he sought opportunity to betray him.
-KJV, Matthew 26:14-16
jamotide: Ok but if I remeber my mythology correctly, he would only do that if his boss would order him to!
Azilut: I... don't think you're remembering your mythology correctly.

Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests,
And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.
And from that time he sought opportunity to betray him.
-KJV, Matthew 26:14-16
Azilut:
It depends on the mythology.

(I feel like there's some semi-mainstream American sect that has similar views, although I can't dig anything up.)
Post edited April 27, 2013 by BadDecissions
BadDecissions: It depends on the mythology.

(I feel like there's some semi-mainstream American sect that has similar views, although I can't dig anything up.)
Not to turn this thread into a debate about Christianity, but the Gospel of Judas fails pretty badly in internal and external tests, so most Christian and non-Christian scholars don't consider it to be authentic. Amusingly, the few people who have argued for it's authenticity give it far more credence than they would have ever given the canonical gospels.
Post edited April 27, 2013 by Soyeong
BadDecissions: It depends on the mythology.

I'm aware of the Gospel of Judas, but it isn't exactly the "mainstream" version of the story, nor is it the version I would expect someone to refer to without clarifying that that is what they are doing.

But like Soyeong said, we should probably knock it off before we derail the thread. :p
Arg...

I was aware of the fact that you don't get bonuses from taking over a shard if you fail it the first time, but after about 20 hours into Genesis comes a mission that you get a game over if you lose, which I naturally lost. I had put off getting tier 2 units because I hadn't been able to take over any resources yet and it's pretty expensive even when you have those, so I was planning on using my money to use for negotiations/bribes. I had underestimated my defenses and didn't realize a few things I should have done differently until two turns later when it was too late to go back. I'm all for learning from my mistakes, I just wish the cost was starting over the mission rather than the whole campaign, even at the cost of being less realistic. I was earlier torn about which version to continue playing, but it's pretty clear now.
You can save in Genesis, too, just copy the files from the "save" folder.
jamotide: You can save in Genesis, too, just copy the files from the "save" folder.
Ya, add that to the list of things I could have easily done that would prevented this problem from happening. I figured I could live with losing a shard if it happened, I just wasn't expecting the whole campaign to be on the line. I was pretty confident that I would win and was actually thinking about increasing the difficulty setting, but I should have been more cautious. It all makes sense within the context of the plot, so I'm fine with it happening, I just wasn't expecting it. In fact, it was probably a good thing that it happened because it gives me the excuse I needed to leave my progress in Genesis and switch to MotBW.
I know exactly what you are talking about. I am just talking with hindsight, I also lost my first campaign after 28 shards or 150 hours. I was really amazed, took a little break and then started a new campaign on expert which I won on shard 48. Now I am on my third, because I still want more!