It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your terror will be legendary--even in hell!

Clive Barker’s Undying, a captivating horror-themed first person shooter with a dark arcane story penned by one of contemporary the masters of terrifying fiction, is available on GOG.com, for only $5.99.

The Covenant siblings had no bad intentions. Just some words found in an old book from the father's library--what harm could they do? It was going to be all fun, and only fun to utter the blasphemous passages at the old standing stones in the garden. So they called upon the darkness, never expecting it would answer. It did. A dark occult ritual unleashed ancient demonic forces upon the Covenant Estate on the coast of Ireland. A demonic presence threatens to unravel the very fabric of our reality. You are Patrick Galloway, an expert on the occult, the wielder of the demonic Gel'ziabar Stone, and a friend to Jeremiah Covenent, the eldest of the siblings. You are summoned to end the chaos and free the condemned souls.

Clive Barker’s Undying is a first person shooter that delivers fantastic action gameplay and splices it with occult mystery and terror. You will face horrors from hell and put them to rest with incredible weapons like the Tibetan hand cannon or the Scythe of the Celt. Clive Barker, himself, influenced the story greatly and even voiced one of the characters. If you are a horror fan and enjoy immersive FPS gameplay, no force in heaven nor hell should stop you from playing this one!

Find out why the dead are restless and help them on their way back to the void in Clive Barker’s Undying, for only $5.99 on GOG.com!
Fenixp: All right, the game is pretty damn sweet, except ... The FPS gameplay itself just isn't much fun! Its got a lot to do with enemies who are designed in a manner in which it's possible to elude their attacks, but it's very, very hard. Now I don't mind high difficulty, but enemies in this game mostly work in the way of 'you're either good enough to dodge all their attacks or you don't' - they're always 100% accurate, they're able to predict your movements with 100% accuracy, and by now I'm annoyed when I see them as opposed to being glad I can get into some combat in my FPS.
I don't recall the pirates having perfect aim, or very fast for that matter.
tinyE: I don't recall the pirates having perfect aim, or very fast for that matter.
Dunno what about pirates, I've only met two, but the small leaping things are rightdown annoying. The green things spewing poison that smears all over your vision are quite fine, they can predict where you're going to be, but their projectiles move just fast enough to be dodgeable. Skeletons, on the other hand, throw pretty damn fast spears, and to dodge them you have to time it perfectly so you change direction at the precise same time as the spear leaves skeleton's hand, which is just infuriating.
tinyE: I don't recall the pirates having perfect aim, or very fast for that matter.
Fenixp: Dunno what about pirates, I've only met two, but the small leaping things are rightdown annoying. The green things spewing poison that smears all over your vision are quite fine, they can predict where you're going to be, but their projectiles move just fast enough to be dodgeable. Skeletons, on the other hand, throw pretty damn fast spears, and to dodge them you have to time it perfectly so you change direction at the precise same time as the spear leaves skeleton's hand, which is just infuriating.
Well yeah they are "spiritual" so they have super natural power/aim maybe, I don't know XD. Later on you will be fighting nothing but pirates and they are tough m.f.ers but only human. I'm going to have to reinstall my rom and start playing this again.
Awesome release! Never had the chance to play it so far. Now I can catch up on this classic.
I remember when this game came out it was, as the common parlance goes, "the shit".
Just looked up an LP of this in 480p. I don't recall Unreal Engine 1 looking that nice!

Will have to pick up when my backlog clears *grumble* *as if that'll happen*.
Who here tried the Invoke spell in a human enemy like the pirates? A very interesting result...
This is one of the best games I've ever played.
recognizer: I remember when this game came out it was, as the common parlance goes, "the shit".
Just looked up an LP of this in 480p. I don't recall Unreal Engine 1 looking that nice!
Here it is running at 1080p - still looks nice to me as well:

Clive Barker's Undying Intro
This is great! I really love this game, as one can tell from my user image, although I already have it installed and working so there's no need for me to buy it here. Damn, that game is really creepy and actually scary. Not even going to the main menu gives you much relief from the horror, since the main menu music is quite spooky (and really good). I love games that offer more variety in killing enemies than just shooting them and Undying offers many an alternative way to slay them.
Anyone get the broad in the white dress yet? Hows that for a spin!
tinyE: Anyone get the broad in the white dress yet? Hows that for a spin!
Eddie Riggs said it best, imo:

Eddie Riggs: I'm supposed to think you're a nun but I know you're really some kind of big ugly demon, so lets have it.
[demon turns around and roars]
Eddie Riggs: Ah ha! I knew it, big ugly demon... kind of sexy though in a weird way.
I've once managed to run this under Linux with Wine.
Is it possible that GOG can provide a Wine Wrapper as a natice Mac OS X App for this game? They did that with other games as well...
rika: I've once managed to run this under Linux with Wine.
Is it possible that GOG can provide a Wine Wrapper as a natice Mac OS X App for this game? They did that with other games as well...
They might eventually, but who knows. They usually add a bunch of mac versions every so often, though, so stay tuned in the future and keep your fingers crossed.
Okay. I've played this for a few hours now. The first section of the game, in the mansion, is the most creepiest atmosphere I have ever experienced in a game. Considering I mostly play modern games and this games graphics obviously look aged, that speaks volumes about this games incredible atmosphere.
creepy.woody: Okay. I've played this for a few hours now. The first section of the game, in the mansion, is the most creepiest atmosphere I have ever experienced in a game. Considering I mostly play modern games and this games graphics obviously look aged, that speaks volumes about this games incredible atmosphere.
Good point. There are other horror games out there, and they are great games with sharper graphics, but Undying has always managed to stand out with it's atmosphere. Just the opening courtyard stuff is great moody stuff and it manages to carry. I don't know if you are out of the mansion yet but the outside stuff is great too.