It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your terror will be legendary--even in hell!

Clive Barker’s Undying, a captivating horror-themed first person shooter with a dark arcane story penned by one of contemporary the masters of terrifying fiction, is available on GOG.com, for only $5.99.

The Covenant siblings had no bad intentions. Just some words found in an old book from the father's library--what harm could they do? It was going to be all fun, and only fun to utter the blasphemous passages at the old standing stones in the garden. So they called upon the darkness, never expecting it would answer. It did. A dark occult ritual unleashed ancient demonic forces upon the Covenant Estate on the coast of Ireland. A demonic presence threatens to unravel the very fabric of our reality. You are Patrick Galloway, an expert on the occult, the wielder of the demonic Gel'ziabar Stone, and a friend to Jeremiah Covenent, the eldest of the siblings. You are summoned to end the chaos and free the condemned souls.

Clive Barker’s Undying is a first person shooter that delivers fantastic action gameplay and splices it with occult mystery and terror. You will face horrors from hell and put them to rest with incredible weapons like the Tibetan hand cannon or the Scythe of the Celt. Clive Barker, himself, influenced the story greatly and even voiced one of the characters. If you are a horror fan and enjoy immersive FPS gameplay, no force in heaven nor hell should stop you from playing this one!

Find out why the dead are restless and help them on their way back to the void in Clive Barker’s Undying, for only $5.99 on GOG.com!
I've never played it but I've been curious about it, voted for it on the general wishlist and added it to my personal wishlist now; will check it out once I'm done with Anachronox and Primordia. Thanks for bringing it here, GOG!

What kind of game is it though? Is it more like Serious Sam and Painkiller etc., kill all the monsters before you can move on to next room, or more like Enclave or even the classics from Heretic to Outlaws, meaning you can freely explore the levels within certain boundaries and are hold back only by locked doors that you need to find keys for and not by your body count? What makes it special?
Post edited March 19, 2013 by Leroux
Yessssssssssssssssssss. Wishlisted for now, will get down the road.
Leroux: I've never played it but I've been curious about it, voted for it on the general wishlist and added it to my personal wishlist now; will check it out once I'm done with Anachronox and Primordia. Thanks for bringing it here, GOG!

What kind of game is it though? Is it more like Serious Sam and Painkiller etc., kill all the monsters before you can move on to next room, or more like Enclave or even the classics from Heretic to Outlaws, meaning you can freely explore the levels within certain boundaries and are hold back only by locked doors that you need to find keys for and not by your body count? What makes it special?
Is a linear game mostly, sometimes you must get a key to a door, sometimes a event unlock the way, but the especial aspect is the atmosphere, the sounds and the visual, is a genuine scary game with a nice history, which develops inh many texts scatered in-game like books and letters
Leroux: What kind of game is it though? Is it more like Serious Sam and Painkiller etc., kill all the monsters before you can move on to next room, or more like Enclave or even the classics from Heretic to Outlaws, meaning you can freely explore the levels within certain boundaries and are hold back only by locked doors that you need to find keys for and not by your body count? What makes it special?
Here's what makes the game special

- very spooky atmosphere
- cool locations, ranging from a haunted mansion to a Lovecraftian world located in another dimension
- a good story, well-written and -acted.
- nice combat system where you handle weapons and spells simultaneously. Think Bioshock 2.
- a number of really satisfying weapons and spells
- it's also a pretty long game

I'd say that Undfying is a bit more linear than, say, Heretic or Outlaws. There's usually a lot of plot-locked doors, leading you where the game wants you to go, for the most part.
Been thinking about this game recently after reading some of Barker's books, GOG is on a roll with this and Omilkron. Keep it up!
Sweet! I remember being very excited about this as a kid back when it came out. Never got to play it though because we didn't have a computer good enough to run it, but now I can finally right that wrong.
jcdenton11: Been thinking about this game recently after reading some of Barker's books, GOG is on a roll with this and Omilkron. Keep it up!
Which books? I'm a huge fan of his myself.
I played demo years ago but it was too demanding for my PC. And I get immersed into horror games far too easily, so I avoid them. However I look forward to try this classic once again... one day in company of another player. Nice release.
Post edited March 19, 2013 by Mivas
denormative:
Which character's didn't work on Harbinger? I played through it once and I loved it, but I must have played the playable character.

Also, Undying. Hell yes. GOG at its finest.
The atmosphere is this game is very spooky. I had to stop playing it quite early in because I got scared. :(

It's different watching a horror film then if it's happening to you and this game drew me right in.
Yay, I've been waiting for this to be released on GOG! Added to wishlist!
This isn't really a spoiler, but for those of you on the fence here, one of the 1st things you see when you start is a bloody corpse hanging from a lamp post. Needless to say it's a classic!
Awesome! one of the best FPS releases here. Well I've only played the demo but that was very good. A very atmospheric game. Apart from Blood, the best and creepiest FPS I've played. Very good sound design. Very good monster and architectural\environment design. (At least in the demo.)

Many of the old FPS games, had a new weapon that had not been used before in a FPS as the melee starting weapon bound to key: 1. Wolfestein 3D had a knife, Doom had fists, Duke Nukem 3D had boots, Quake had an axe, Shadow Warrior a katana (as well as fists), Unreal Tournament had the Impact hammer, Heretic had a staff, Hexen had gauntlets (for the fighter) and a mace (for the cleric) and Blood had a pitchfork. Which basic melee weapon do you think this horror themed FPS had? Don't answer if you know it and don't google it!
tinyE: This isn't really a spoiler, but for those of you on the fence here, one of the 1st things you see when you start is a bloody corpse hanging from a lamp post. Needless to say it's a classic!
Just when you start, try to turn and look through the gate at your back...
tinyE: This isn't really a spoiler, but for those of you on the fence here, one of the 1st things you see when you start is a bloody corpse hanging from a lamp post. Needless to say it's a classic!
gandalf.nho: Just when you start, try to turn and look through the gate at your back...
Hmmm I don't see anything other than a few deer and some...Oh wait...you meant in the game, not at my actual house.