It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As heroic as fantasy gets!

Blade of Darkness, a brutal and challenging TPP action hack ‘n’ slasher set in a dark and gritty heroic fantasy realm that feels like a Robert E. Howard novel, is available on GOG.com, for only $5.99

Heroic fantasy--a genre of fiction that has fueled the imaginations of many generations. Dark and brutal worlds full of injustice and ominous magic are always waiting for a champion: a man or woman, scantily clad, wielding a legendary weapon, slashing beasts and villains left and right, and looking as fabulous as a demigod. This is the heart and soul of such stories and it didn't change much since the time of ancient myths. The fact that we enjoy them so much proves that we aren't that different from our great ancestors and tales of godlike heroism still get our blood run pumping. Gather ‘round, friends, and hear the story of four heroes and their epic battle against the dark overlord, Dal Gurak, the necromancer.

Blade of Darkness is a third person perspective action game that focuses on combat. Each of the four heroes has its very own set of moves and statistics, and starts the adventure in a different area. There's over 100 different weapons you can use in the game, each with its own characteristics that reflect on the fighting style. New special attacks can be unlocked as your character gains experience and power. While you slash and bash through the hordes of terrifying monsters, you will feel the urge sometimes to stop and look at the beautiful--if a bit gloomy--surroundings. If you're looking for a game that will take you on a fantastic quest filled with merciless combat, this is the one to pick up!

There are great deeds of bravery and might to be done in Blade of Darkness, for only $5.99 on GOG.com. Get heroic!
Semsko: I was so happy when I found BOD here on GOG!

I bought it and it ran perfectly with no problems... Until it came to having to load a saved game. Unfortunately when I try to load, the progress bar reaches the end - but then the game crashes every time. I've tried all other previous saves and the same thing happens.

I was so devastated! I was looking forward to playing this game through so much.

Any ways to try fix?

Running Windows 7 64 bit professional.

lugum: http://www.gog.com/forum/blade_of_darkness/cant_load_a_saved_gamegrey_screen_after_quitting
I have tried changing the windows theme however it has not made any difference in being able to load the saved games.
Semsko: I was so happy when I found BOD here on GOG!

I bought it and it ran perfectly with no problems... Until it came to having to load a saved game. Unfortunately when I try to load, the progress bar reaches the end - but then the game crashes every time. I've tried all other previous saves and the same thing happens.

I was so devastated! I was looking forward to playing this game through so much.

Any ways to try fix?

Running Windows 7 64 bit professional.

lugum: http://www.gog.com/forum/blade_of_darkness/cant_load_a_saved_gamegrey_screen_after_quitting
Do you think that guy meant 'ENabling'? you'd think turning graphical bells and whistles like Aero off would improve compatibility, not turning them on but hey ho, stranger things have happened...
Fever_Discordia: Do you think that guy meant 'ENabling'? you'd think turning graphical bells and whistles like Aero off would improve compatibility, not turning them on but hey ho, stranger things have happened...
Yeah, I have changed the theme from Aero to Basic, relaunched the game, loaded and bam; crashes right as the loading bar finishes. It just stops responding. :S

I have also re-enabled Aero again and tried. Nothing new.
Fever_Discordia: Do you think that guy meant 'ENabling'? you'd think turning graphical bells and whistles like Aero off would improve compatibility, not turning them on but hey ho, stranger things have happened...
Semsko: Yeah, I have changed the theme from Aero to Basic, relaunched the game, loaded and bam; crashes right as the loading bar finishes. It just stops responding. :S

I have also re-enabled Aero again and tried. Nothing new.
If you get no joy here, ask on this forum, they do mods etc. for the game :

http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=24
You know, I'm sure I remember a cool mod for this game which enabled cutting off limbs and more gore
I had pretty much the problem described on another forum here:
Just as you select "yes" to save a game the screenshot is taken for the load/save menu and the game CTD's. Loading the game again loads an old game that was saved in that slot previously, not the game you tried to save.
except I didn't get a crash to desktop, the game just froze (I could often Alt-Tab to desktop, then go back to the game, although for some reason without any HUD objects (health bar, att/def levels etc), which was always a sign it hadn't saved properly.)

In my case, this only happened when trying to overwrite saves from previous levels. If I started a new level, I could make a new save and keep using it for that entire level.

ANYWAY I managed to solve it by going to my game's Save folder, and deleting everything inside. Yes, everything *(apart from a mysterious .txt file called 'No Borrar'. I didn't trust it :P ). It had two folders, one called 'Save 1' and one called 'Save 2' (or similar), plus various files relating to either Save 1 or Save 2. I rather rashly just deleted them all, but now everything seems to be fine, and all my saves are intact. I have no idea where saves are actually stored, but apparently it's not in the Save directory :P

If you try this, obviously be careful and maybe make back-ups of the contents of that folder.

TLDR: Had trouble overwriting old saves; deleted everything* [see above] in Save folder; now fixed with saves inexplicably intact :)