It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A whole battle world, not just an isle!

Battle Worlds: Kronos, a deep turn-based strategy game with very modern looks paired with old-school mechanics and hex-based presentation, is available 20% off on GOG.com. That's $23.99 for the first week.

Over the course of human history, someone said that war never changes. That is untrue as war does change over time. It evolves slowly, with a sudden evolutionary jump sparked by technological advancement every now and then. What truly never changes, is human nature. From the moment one of our primate ancestors took a heavy stick to another primate's head, we have been a race of warriors. Or maybe, it began even sooner? So deep is our expertise in violence, so enthralling is the desire for power, that it seems to work at cellular level. No wonder, then, that we took war with us when we set off for the stars. Now, as the Emperor lies dead, the greatest succession war in the history of mankind begins.

If you're an old-time military strategy gamer, Battle Worlds: Kronos will bring back many of your fondest memories. The playfield alone, divided into countless orderly hexes, looks irresistibly familiar. Time-proven turn based mechanics allow for careful planning and provide room for the cleverest of stratagems. Two single-player campaigns provide up to 30 hours of challenge and satisfaction, further extended by special maps and--of course--multiplayer modes, including the oldie-but-goodie hot-seat option. Pair that with visuals absolutely perfect for a mid-range sci-fi strategy game, and what you get is a title no armchair general could possibly resist.

Bring order to the chaotic and dark times of the succession wars and lead humanity to victory--well, a part of humanity at least--in Battle Worlds: Kronos, for only $23.99 on GOG.com. The special release discount offer lasts until Tuesday, November 12, at 10:59AM GMT.
thomas001: There seems to be a Linux version available, at least there are Linux system requirements listed on steam.

Does the GOG version also run on Linux? I don't care about a nice installer, but binaries should be included somewhere ;)
gooberking: GOG recently took the official position that it will not be supporting Linux in any way anytime soon.
You don't happen to have a link for this, do you? I'm curious to read all of what was said.
J_Darnley: So... Does this game support XP or not? GOG's game page now includes XP as a supported OS but Steam and Gamersgate don't list XP. I'm going to see if I can get any official word on this.
GOG version officially does. ;)
Post edited November 08, 2013 by Gydion
So - is this more like Battle Isle 2 or more like Battle Isle 3?
As a fan of M.A.X (even M.A.X 2), but never having touched a Battle Isle game, is this at all similar to those?
fisk0: As a fan of M.A.X (even M.A.X 2), but never having touched a Battle Isle game, is this at all similar to those?
Mhm. M.A.X. is a fairly unique game - so, no, Battle Isle and MAX aren't very alike - aside both being strategy games set in a sci-fi world. The feel, gameplay and general atmosphere are completely at odds. That said - if you haven't tried the Battle Isle series yet and do have even just a passing interest pick up Battle Isle Platinum. It's one of the best values to be had here on GOG for the sheer number of great games you get, even at the standard $9.99.
gooberking: GOG recently took the official position that it will not be supporting Linux in any way anytime soon.
JohnnyDollar: You don't happen to have a link for this, do you? I'm curious to read all of what was said.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/07/no-linux-support-for-gogs-foreseeable-future/
http://www.destructoid.com/no-linux-support-on-gog-com-for-the-foreseeable-future--261416.phtml

and discussed in this thread
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/linux_support_on_gog

Have no idea where precisely, but it's also the kind of running, thread on the issue at large.
gooberking: Have no idea where precisely, but it's also the kind of running, thread on the issue at large.
Oh, I should have just googled it. :P Thanks for the links. :)

Here's a post I found in that thread for future reference:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/linux_support_on_gog/post680
How good is this game? How complex is it? I'm thinking about buying it.
Post edited November 10, 2013 by Aver
ZivilSword: ... GOG does not offer different edition of any game. KA could have put a DLC for the extras. That would be something GOG supports. But in my opinion the thing with special editions is just to make more money.
Today GOG released "sword of the stars: the pic gold edition" which is a different edition of a game already present here. This means that the claim is wrong and we would need another explanation why there wasn't any special edition of BWK?
No, as I wrote before: if there is a special edition on GOG, there is also an upgrade from the standard to the special edition. This is the case for SOTSTP and Dragon Commander. But for BWK there is no upgrade between editions. Not here, not on Steam or elsewhere. So my claim is still valid: it’s the developer who doesn’t want an upgrade option. Because of that (I presume) GOG does not offer the extended version because there can be no upgrade option (the devs don’t want it).

Also in the case of SOTSTP the Gold Edition is no real edition but a bundle: it contains the base game, the Mind Games DLC and the Gold Edition DLC. It’s no stand-alone edition, but GOG does not state this clear.
Post edited November 11, 2013 by ZivilSword