It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Divine Divinity for free and even more reasons to pre-order the upcoming innovative fantasy RTS!

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/divinity_dragon_commander]Divinity: Dragon Commander is an upcoming multi-layered real-time strategy game with a fantastic setting, epic scale, and many original ideas making it a breath of fresh air in the genre, and it's currently available for pre-orders on GOG.com, for $39.99. The game's release is currently planned for August 6, and if you pre-ordered it, plan to pre-order it, or are generally interested in great RTS games, we've got some important news for you!

Larian Studios, the game's creators, announced there will be two editions of the game available at the release. The version you'll be getting if you pre-order on GOG.com before August 6 now becomes the extended Imperial Edition, which contains the game's additional launch content: a development documentary video, an extra campaign map, an additional golden skin for your Dragon Emperor, and the game's soundtrack. The pre-order period is your chance to grab the game and all of the additional content for just $39.99.

If you decide not to take the pre-order route and get the game after the release for $39.99, you'll still be able to upgrade your version with the aforementioned development documentary video, extra map, golden dragon skin, and game soundtrack via the additional $9.99 "Imperial Edition Upgrade". Yes, this basically means that early adopters receive $9.99 worth of content with their pre-ordered copy, free of charge, thus becoming the owners of the most robust version of the game available on launch day.

Video: Divinity Dragon Commander: Imperial Edition Call to Arms!

The other thing Larian Studios is offering to GOG.com pre-ordering customers is a complimentary free copy of their classic Divine Divinity action-RPG. This will be a GOG.com copy, mind you, so the free game itself also comes with tons of valueble bonus content (and don't forget about the first free game you got out of this deal: Master of Magic!). This gift from Larian is meant to make up for the fact, that due to technical reasons the developer can't offer early beta access to GOG.com buyers.

Bottom line: Pre-order Divinity: Dragon Commander on GOG.com for $39.99 before August 6, to get the exclusive Imperial Edition of the game + free Divine Divinity & Master of Magic!

Now, just to keep things transparent, a post-bottom line. This announcement might made some of our veteran users raise their eyebrows once or twice, and we feel it is important to address the fact that we're taking a new route with this release. First of all, this is the first time on GOG.com that a single game will be simultanously available in two different versions, one of them standard and the other one with addtional content. We believe this gives more freedom of choice to our users, and increasingly, this is where a lot of newer titles are going: selling additional content like soundtracks and so on at a premium. It's important to note that GOG won't be doing this with our classic releases, as the GOG.com policy for those always has been and will be to make every release as complete, comprehensive, and filled with free bonus content as possible. For new titles we would like to offer both the gamers and the developer more flexibility to make their mutual deals the way they want to. Furthermore, as time progresses and new releases become a de facto part of our back-catalog, we'll be trying to re-negotiate our deals to include soundtracks and more bonus content with those as well.

We hope this answers most of your questions regarding the new solutions we're testing here. Our recent user survey allows us to remain optimistic about your feedback. If you have any questions regarding these new steps we're taking or the (highly recommended!) Divinity: Dragon Commander pre-order offer, we encourage you to ask them in the forums.
Post edited June 28, 2013 by Chamb
Tulivu: but the bonus game codes are not there.
Raze_Larian: Gift codes for the bonus games are emailed separately, and a couple people have said they take about an hour to show up.
Thanks, it has been awhile.

There was one last thing missing in our release of Dragon Commander and that was the English box! We have a limited set of boxes available via the Larian Vault so if you want one, now's the time.

Comes with free imperial edition upgrade, a Steam AND Gog.com key for the same price as regular digital edition. All you need to add is shipping costs and have a little bit of patience as it travels to you.
Raze_Larian: box image : / [url=https://www.larianvault.com/productfiles/dragoncomm_boxlarge.jpg]large
So, so tempting... Does the Larian Vault charge all and sundry in €, even if you're outside the Euro zone? I get this is a physical copy and thus has different value than the digital edition, but 40 € is much more money than the $40 GOG is asking and the digital version is also priced at 40 € at the Vault.
JaqFrost: Does the Larian Vault charge all and sundry in €, even if you're outside the Euro zone?
It depends on the region. In the US the Vault charges in US$, but in Canada it is in € (so the retail version is about CAN$65 with shipping). I assume if the payment processor doesn't specifically support a local currency it defaults to €.
JaqFrost: Does the Larian Vault charge all and sundry in €, even if you're outside the Euro zone?
Raze_Larian: It depends on the region. In the US the Vault charges in US$, but in Canada it is in € (so the retail version is about CAN$65 with shipping). I assume if the payment processor doesn't specifically support a local currency it defaults to €.
My mailing/billing address is in the UK and being in Vietnam, I get paid in US dollars, so I'd rather pay in either of those currencies. Ah well... thanks for the reply!
I preordered this game in June, and it has now disappeared from the shelf
CyrusVeber: I preordered this game in June, and it has now disappeared from the shelf
It should be back; they were changing the pre-orders over to 'Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition'.
CyrusVeber: I preordered this game in June, and it has now disappeared from the shelf
Raze_Larian: It should be back; they were changing the pre-orders over to 'Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition'.
It's back, thanks!
Oh yeah, this is out tomorrow. I didn't get around to preordering but I have the two bonus games so I won't sweat it too much. Hopefully the game is really good, it looks cool.
Ric1987: Oh yeah, this is out tomorrow. I didn't get around to preordering but I have the two bonus games so I won't sweat it too much. Hopefully the game is really good, it looks cool.
If you preorder it you can get the Imperial Edition for free ($9.99 value) and save $5.00 from the normal price. So you end up saving $14.99 plus the two free games you can gift to someone.