It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Real-Time Strategy redefined!

Divinity: Dragon Commander, an innovative fantasy real-time strategy game spliced with free-flight combat action, in-depth strategic view, and some trading card game mechanics, in which you become a fearsome Dragon Emperor, is available for pre-order 11% off on GOG.com. That's $39.99 until the game's release (planned for June).

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/divinity_dragon_commander][/url]What is Divinity: Dragon Commander? Imagine a giant army rushing into battle. First, the scouts, agile and fast, with their bows always ready. Then the cavalry, blazing on their relentless mounts. Then, the heavy infantry--warriors of all the shapes, sizes, and races with their plate armors sounding with every step like the bells of doom. Right behind them, the battle beasts--horrors bred with one purpose only: destruction. Some of them pulling the ballistas, trebuchets, and other siege machines. Above them, a variety of zeppelins and flying machines ready to spread death from above. And then, suddenly, a great shadow falling over the battlefield. A gigantic winged dragon swooping down at lightning speed, propelled by a jetpack, breathing fire and roaring fiercely. An image sure to strike fear in the hearts of the enemies. You, however, have nothing to fear. This is your army, and you are the Dragon, its commander and Emperor.

Divinity: Dragon Commander will allow the player to experience war from many unique perspectives, thus breathing new life to real-time strategy genre. The idea to put the gamer in the role of a Dragon commanding its people (and elves, and dwarves, and undead, and--well, creatures) into battle and even taking part in the combat directly is original enough to make things interesting. The people who gave you the acclaimed Divinity RPG series decided however, to add a couple more layers to the gameplay. In the game, you'll get to make diplomatic decisions, manage your empire in an epic world-map mode, and even utilize elements of trading card game mechanics. All that and more, coupled with excellent visuals, and many available scenarios (single-player and multi-player alike), has great chances to become a milestone in the evolution of RTS genre.

Don't hesitate--seize your empire now, to rule it with an iron claw soon! Pre-order Divinity: Dragon Commander for only $39.99 on GOG.com! The Divinity universe is about to get even more epic! Make sure you get to witness it from the start.
Cards? What other features of 7th Legion are here? :)
Interesting-looking game. Hope it'll be good.

On the topic of pre-orders, they are meant for suckers. I've pre-ordered myself, but only games that have already been released somewhere else and already have reviews and gamer impressions, and Gabriel Knight 3 which I'd wanted to play no matter how much it would have sucked. But pre-ordering a game because the hype got you?

It happens over and over again: something insanely hyped comes out, people pre-order and buy day 1 and soon a shitstorm ensues when it doesn't meet expectations. Waiting for just a couple of days would have saved them $60, but nooo, you have to have it right now. Then the hype machine starts for the next messiah, and the cycle repeats. Human is not a learning animal.
I already pledged on Kickstarter for Dragon Commanded so will get a GOG copy on release anyway but it looks quite a lot of fun. I trust them to make an interesting game.
Surprised that Divinity: Original Sin isn't up for pre-order alongside this one, for people who don't want to donate to the Kickstarter directly.
Crosmando: Surprised that Divinity: Original Sin isn't up for pre-order alongside this one, for people who don't want to donate to the Kickstarter directly.
Divinity needs more backers in order to reach the stretch goals, making it available for pre-order right now would be unwise. Every single cent matters.
I need to have everything Divinity related, but I'm gonna wait with this one ;)
You can also pledge $65 on Kickstarter for Divinity Original Sin and get Dragon Commander too. Two games for a discount prince. But you have to hurry. This reward is limited. ;)
Post edited April 11, 2013 by Silverhawk170485
EmilJ1_74: ugh, trading-card mechanics, sure hope those are optional..
The cards are just a way to keep track of various bonuses and rewards (extra troops, weapons, spells, etc), which you can choose to use in particular battles.

Crosmando: Surprised that Divinity: Original Sin isn't up for pre-order alongside this one, for people who don't want to donate to the Kickstarter directly.
There is a Paypal option on the Original Sin website, which will avoid Kickstarter but still count towards the stretch goals. The 'donate' button was removed from some of the digital tiers because there was an issue of the charge being wrong (should be fixed soon). Once European shipping is worked out, the physical tiers should become available, as well.

Silverhawk170485: You can also pledge $65 on Kickstarter for Divinity Original Sin and get Dragon Commander too. Two games for a discount prince.
Specifically, that tier comes with Dragon Commander and 2 copies of Original Sin.
Post edited April 11, 2013 by Raze_Larian
RaggieRags: On the topic of pre-orders, they are meant for suckers.
Not necessarily, sometimes it's a matter of trusting and supporting the developer. If trusting = being a sucker, then yes.
RaggieRags: On the topic of pre-orders, they are meant for suckers.
MihaiHornet: Not necessarily, sometimes it's a matter of trusting and supporting the developer. If trusting = being a sucker, then yes.
I dont understand why some dont like pre orders. Pre orders have always been the same whether digital or physical - you get bonuses or freebies for ordering and also in many cases a discount and ensurity you have access to it at launch. And like u said faith in publisher to make a good game. The other guy was just being bit of a cheapass dick who is conditioned on cheap sales and expect everything to cost $1...imho... unrealistic....
MihaiHornet: Not necessarily, sometimes it's a matter of trusting and supporting the developer. If trusting = being a sucker, then yes.
nijuu: I dont understand why some dont like pre orders. Pre orders have always been the same whether digital or physical - you get bonuses or freebies for ordering and also in many cases a discount and ensurity you have access to it at launch. And like u said faith in publisher to make a good game. The other guy was just being bit of a cheapass dick who is conditioned on cheap sales and expect everything to cost $1...imho... unrealistic....
I thought the issue with preorders mostly is that many big developers severely failed their respective communities when trying to cash in on their leading brands... or so to say, many sequels where at the very least behind the expectations. Preordering does make more sense with physical copys thought.
Each to his/her own, but I'd rather wait a few days to see if a game actually delivers. IMO preorders teach the wrong things to game companies. What would the SimCity sales would have been if people would have had a little more patience with their purchase?

I don't think there is a game company that I would trust enough to hand over money on blind faith. Nobody's track record is perfect, and a few days of waiting hardly makes any difference.

nijuu: The other guy was just being bit of a cheapass dick who is conditioned on cheap sales and expect everything to cost $1...imho... unrealistic....
Who are you talking about?
RaggieRags: What would the SimCity sales would have been if people would have had a little more patience with their purchase?
Fine? Because if less people tried to play the game on release, the servers wouldn't have been hammered, thus no queues?
RaggieRags: What would the SimCity sales would have been if people would have had a little more patience with their purchase?
EA is not to be trusted for quite some time, I 100% agree with you on that. And, about the always online requirement, DRM is the first thing I need to know about a game before I decide if I buy it or not.

RaggieRags: I don't think there is a game company that I would trust enough to hand over money on blind faith. Nobody's track record is perfect, and a few days of waiting hardly makes any difference.
It's not about blind trust, it's about assuming a risk. In cases like Grim Dawn or Divinity: Original Sin kickstarter it is a meaningful way to support the development of a game that you like which is better than letting a greedy publisher screwing up what might have been a great game.
JMich: Fine? Because if less people tried to play the game on release, the servers wouldn't have been hammered, thus no queues?
Either way, problem solved. :-)

Though seriously, from what I've heard the game has more issues than the server trouble.