It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome to relativity! Get your complimentary fez.

FEZ,an original, incredibly deep perspective-twisting puzzle-platformer with countless awesome stages to explore, is available 10% off for pre-order on GOG.com. That's only $8.99 until Wednesday, May 1, at 9:59AM GMT, when we expect the game to arrive.

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/fez][/url]A unique title like FEZ demands we did something special. This is why we decided to start a little weird contest, so you get the chance to Win a fez to play FEZ in a fez! That's right! We're giving away 20 FEZ fezes to people who pre-order the game. The game's puzzles are highly complicated, challenging, original, and complex, so we decided to keep the contest rules as plain, simple, and uninspired as possible. Here's what you need to do:

1. Pre-order FEZ here for only $8.99: www.gog.com/gamecard/fez
2. Write to [url=mailto:contest@gog.com]contest@gog.com[/url] and tell us why you should win a fez
3. Profit: win one of the 20 awesome fezes to give away! (We'll start shipping them worldwide on May 1st, so that's the deadline for submissions.)

See the fez here.

FEZ is a puzzle-platformer like no other. First of all, its gameplay mechanics come with a perspective-changing twist, that make every stage of the game not one, but four 2D landscapes. You'll have to use that to your advantage and figure out how to make seemingly impossible jumps. That's just scratching the surface, though. There's no telling just how many complex and original puzzles have been hidden in the world of FEZ. That might be the first game in quite some time, that will make you take notes while you play, so you can crack some of the game's secrets and understand its strange languages. There's so many layers and levels to the world you'll be exploring, that you probably won't see the half of it at your first playthrough! Pair that with incredibly diverse level-design, and charming pixel-art (ummm... sorry, trixel-art) graphics, and what you get is one of the most remarkable titles of our time. Be sure not to miss it!

Pre-order FEZ today to enjoy its mind-bending perspective-twisting charm at 10% discount! Remember, the pre-order offer lasts until Wednesday, May 1, at 9:59AM GMT
Post edited April 22, 2013 by G-Doc
Well, I guess videogame creators are people, too, with their own issues and stuff... Nobody's perfect.

This game looks pretty interesting. I'm usually not good at platformers, but this one doesn't seem to be difficult at all. Not sure whether to preorder it or to buy it later along with something else, one dollar isn't that much of a difference for me at this point...
Fenixp: Or he just... You know... Randomly quoted you :-P
Well, now THAT's an idea! :D

On the topic on Phillipe Poisson and Fez, what tickles my curiosity is will the original programmers who worked on the title get any money from the PC Sales ?

Heard it went quite badly with a couple of them people...

Anyone knows anything about that?
Nettacki01: One time at GDC, he straight up said that all Japanese games suck.
KainKlarden: No he said, that all the *modern* japanese games suck.
"I'm sorry Japanese guy! I was a bit rough, but your country's games are f*** terrible nowadays."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-07-fez-creator-phil-fish-declares-modern-japanese-games-just-suck
Still a jerkass and overly generalized thing to say.
Well, to be fair, a lot of modern western games suck. A lot of indie games also suck, too.
Doesn't mean that there's no good games coming out.
Post edited April 22, 2013 by Bushbaby
GOG.com: Win a fez to play FEZ in a fez!
Yo Dawg.
Attachments:
yo_dawg.png (199 Kb)
jorlin: Pre-ordered. I know that this game will come to Linux soon, but having seen The Indie Movie I know something about the process this Phil Fish went through. He might not be socially acute, yet the game looks fresh and challenging. That's why I support him, for having the balls..ehh Fez to bring something different and unique. I fully support that.
When I saw Indie Game: The Movie, I had to buy Super Meat Boy and Braid immediately and I was disappointed that FEZ was not available for PC. Every developer in that movie was some kind of funny freak, every different way :D
And I think Phil Fish is sitting in front of his comp now, watching every "pre-order FEZ" forum :D
I must say "Hello Phil :D Greetings from #Czechnia ! :D
KainKlarden: No he said, that all the *modern* japanese games suck.
"I'm sorry Japanese guy! I was a bit rough, but your country's games are f*** terrible nowadays."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-07-fez-creator-phil-fish-declares-modern-japanese-games-just-suck
Woha, now I kinda regret that I preordered his game. I don't like this kind of attitude, but it seems that it's pretty popular among indie devs nowadays.
For example when Adrian Chmielarz (Creator of Bulletstorm, Painkiller and designer of Gear of War: Judgment) turned into indie developer, his twitter turned into big whinny mess how all modern games are "too video-gamey". He especially likes to criticize Bioshock for that. It's like he forgot that not so long ago he created Bulletstorm - game can't be more video-gamey than that!
Also he criticized developers of FPS games for "making AIs with only two states: "efficiency 100%" and "corpse"". But somehow he created quite few shooters and never implemented such feature in his games.
Post edited April 22, 2013 by Aver
Aver: Woha, now I kinda regret that I preordered his game. I don't like this kind of attitude, but it seems that it's pretty popular among indie devs nowadays.
Dunno, as i said, I'm going to regret my pre-order only if the game turns out to be really bad, something i know it's not.
It's still interesting to see how exactly personal indie game development is today, if sales of games, even great ones, can depend on personalities of their creators so much.
OH so , seems Spreadsheets arrive to GOG! what will be next? Outlook?
Will the DLC include WORD? I cant wait to see the end to that chart.
Post edited April 22, 2013 by N4N
Aver: Woha, now I kinda regret that I preordered his game. I don't like this kind of attitude, but it seems that it's pretty popular among indie devs nowadays.
KainKlarden: Dunno, as i said, I'm going to regret my pre-order only if the game turns out to be really bad, something i know it's not.
It's still interesting to see how exactly personal indie game development is today, if sales of games, even great ones, can depend on personalities of their creators so much.
I think that among 'big' developers there are a lot of duchebags too, but there are PR guys who keep them from saying bullshit. And even if some 'big' dev will say some bullshit then he will lose his job - just like Orth did. Nobody will fire indie developer, so he can insult anyone he wants to.
mondo84: I wonder what changed Phil Fish's mind on bring Fez to PCs?
His words on that: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1aj74m/i_am_phil_fish_cocreator_of_fez_ask_me_anything/c8xvts9

Personally I love Phil Fish. If having opinions makes you a huge douchebag, pretty much everyone on this forum is a huge douchebag.
mondo84: I wonder what changed Phil Fish's mind on bring Fez to PCs?
PenutBrittle: His words on that: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1aj74m/i_am_phil_fish_cocreator_of_fez_ask_me_anything/c8xvts9

Personally I love Phil Fish. If having opinions makes you a huge douchebag, pretty much everyone on this forum is a huge douchebag.
LOL makes sense. Hey, I appreciate anybody's candor. I was wondering if maybe his view of PCs as gaming mediums might have changed, but I guess it doesn't matter.
PenutBrittle: Personally I love Phil Fish. If having opinions makes you a huge douchebag, pretty much everyone on this forum is a huge douchebag.
I don't mind opinions. But there are opinions and there are "your game sucks!". You can be mature about your opinions or you can be immature highschooler.
PenutBrittle: Personally I love Phil Fish. If having opinions makes you a huge douchebag, pretty much everyone on this forum is a huge douchebag.
Having opinion is fine, if he said 'I find japanese games lackluster' and 'I don't believe personal computers are well suited for games', nobody would stone him for that. To be called a douche, you have to act like a douche... And to state that 'Japanese games suck' in what is otherwise supposed to be an official documentary is a very immature and idiotic thing to do indeed.
Post edited April 22, 2013 by Fenixp
Aver: Nobody will fire indie developer, so he can insult anyone he wants to.
Sure, except not a lot of indies go as far as insult people. Even Fish is more of a blunt and cynical person with a big mouth. He probably has a lot of problems with his character in real life and some people, including him, at seems, when getting burned by people's reaction to them choose to become even more closed, aggressive and cynical.
So, for example, in the Japanese games thing - if he instead worded it as "Japanese game industry doesn't produce a lot of good games nowadays and is not as influential and amazing as it constantly was in the past" i would've agreed with that wholeheartedly, because this is what i also see, with a lot of huge Japanese publishers/developers doing stupid stuff and slowly decaying. However, he worded it poorly, because of his personality, and to that argument he made i could've given tons of counterarguments, like a lot of people did, naming stuff like Bayonetta in AAA or stuff like La-Mulana in still underground Japanese indie community. And later because of heis argument, people's preconseptions about Phil and his own personality, it got twisted into a "racism!' argument, he got even more dickish and everything went downhill from there with his words being constantly under scrutiny.
And yet, with all this going on, i still want to play FEZ for what it is, not for who created it is.