It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A completely new chapter in the most prominent modern horror game series.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, a terrifying survival horror game set in Victorian London, on the edge of insanity and nightmare, is available for pre-orders 20% off on GOG.com. That's only $15.99 before the game is released on September 10.

Cold sweat running down my back, I sit wide awake in my bed. Before the fever is back, I have a moment of clarity to reflect upon my dreams. The noise of the machine that haunts them still sounds in my head. The visions of infernal machinery are driving me insane, never revealing the installations whole form nor purpose. All I'm certain about is my fear. The cold sting of its needle pierces right through my heart. The world feels more and more like a small cardboard box, and its walls are getting closer, and closer. Finally, they will close on me and trap me inside, like in a little coffin. Even though the window is open, and the cold, damp air of the London night extends its tendrils down my lungs, I don't feel that I can breathe freely as the fear consumes me. I can hear that infernal engine again. Strange, I could've sworn I'm not asleep anymore.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, the indirect sequel to [url=]Amnesia: The Dark Descent[/url] excels in the art of terror storytelling. Using first-person perspective gameplay, suggestive visuals, and chilling ambiance, it creates an experience that all horror fans will deeply appreciate. Altering and expanding the ideas used in the previous Amnesia story, the game offers a new level of immersion and interaction, that will make you feel a part of the events more than ever before. With a gripping story-line, perfect pacing, and atmospheric environment design, this title is everything you need to make your heart beat faster.

Pre-order Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs for only $15.99 on GOG.com today, and start preparing for one of the most terrifying and unsettling gaming experiences of your life. The 20% pre-order discount offer lasts until the game's release, which is expected on September 10.
Is the sanity system of the first game still present here?
Future_Suture: I thought there was a role associated with Linux. Check this thread.
jorlin: Well spotted :-) I did some software development, but I cannot call myself a software engineer (yet) by any means. I'm more into system administration and bridging the gap between techies and non-techies. The combination "Excellence in UX" and " Technical knowledge of popular operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux." points to the wish to develop a client program, possibly a downloader, but maybe even installers. This is exciting news indeed!
Let's hope it means what many Linux users are deducing. If it is, GOG will have exclusive rights to my wallet when it comes to video game spending (bar the occasional release from Valve on Steam). I am quite eager to celebrate the launch by spending 500$ on myself and fellow Linux users. I have to put my wallet where my mouth is.
Got it for $10 over at Gamersgate. Between this and Outlast, September is going to be the best month for horror fans in a LONG time.
Kunovski: guys (and gals), what's with all that linux urge? has the whole world gone hipster? :)

I still remember my friend praising linux and that we all should move to it and boycott evil Microsoft, only to see him go back to Windows a few days later as he hasn't found a proper way to install and play Counter Strike :D

this happened like 8 years ago I admit, so it's possible one can even found decent graphics card drivers for linux nowadays, but for me it's still much more convenient to "go with the flow"...
You should realize that Linux is not a hobbyist OS, it's a serious desktop and server operating system, and its usage is growing. Gaming on Linux is experiencing quite a growth lately, so many users are legitimately asking for developers and distributors to respect their system of choice instead of ignoring it. Years of Microsoft monopoly came to an end, but I'm sure many Windows users are oblivious to this change, so it can come to them as a surprise that so many people actually use Linux these days.

nijuu: like a previous poster what's with all the people going on about Linux support? geeeeeezzzz.

anyway no idea about this game.sometimes I do wonder about game choices....
Quite simple. Linux users ask to sell them games. For their system of choice. It's a request from the paying customers. What kind of problem do you have with it?

Crosmando: Doubtful, people vote for things on the wishlist just because they can be voted for and they seem good enough ideas. I've known a few Linux users and all of them used a Windows install on a boot partition to play games.
I know many Linux users who don't have Windows at all and use exclusively Linux for gaming. The situation with gaming on Linux is much better these days, than it used to be. You just probably didn't follow any developments.
Post edited August 19, 2013 by shmerl
The game looks fantastic judging by the video and screenshots! I haven’t finished the original Amnesia but I think I’ll pick this up as well. I like the artwork of A Machine for Pigs better. I’ll pick it up somewhere else as well though as I want to get my hands on the Linux version.

Thanks to GOG.com though for raising my attention again for this game.
jorlin: I was a bit disappointed that the latest round of recruiting at GOG did not offer a job vacancy associated with Linux support, however preliminary it might be. I'm up for the job, but I´m not planning to live in Warszawa. I have been running and administrating Linux since 1997, desktop, server and embedded.
There are Linux related system administrator positions for CDPR, sister company of GOG which develops Witcher games and Cyberpunk 2077. See http://cdpred.com/web-administrator/
Post edited August 19, 2013 by shmerl
I'm finding it rather appropriate, that this game is sitting on my GOG shelf, with the annotation, "Soon..."
I don't like the title of this game. There, said it.
Accibuy.

I accidentally click the wrong thing and it got added to my cart. I could have removed it but I told myself wtf, it looks interesting, so I purchased it.
justanoldgamer: Accibuy.

I accidentally click the wrong thing and it got added to my cart. I could have removed it but I told myself wtf, it looks interesting, so I purchased it.
That's a first of some kind, right? :D
Before you buy, consider whether you, as a PC gamer, really want to support Dan Pinchbeck and his studio:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/22/dear-esther-devs-rapture-no-longer-coming-to-pc
Hello, everyone. I come bearing some extremely depressing news. The rapture’s happening soon, but not to us. Hm, well jeez, when I phrase it that way, it doesn’t sound terrible at all. What I mean to say is, Dear Esther developer thechineseroom’s next non-Amnesia game, the super fascinating Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture, is no longer coming to PC – at all, for the foreseeable future. Sony’s nabbed it for its burgeoning army of indie exclusives, so I guess that means it’s not allowed to love us anymore. I reached out to thechineseroom’s Dan Pinchbeck, and he confirmed the bad news.

Truth be told, I went in expecting to come away marking off days on my calendar until a period of timed exclusivity was up, but no such luck. When I asked if everybody who matters – you know, PC gamers – would eventually go to the rapture, Pinchbeck offered a brief, unfortunate reply: “No, it’ll be a PS4 exclusive.”
Kodaemon: Before you buy, consider whether you, as a PC gamer, really want to support Dan Pinchbeck and his studio:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/22/dear-esther-devs-rapture-no-longer-coming-to-pc

Hello, everyone. I come bearing some extremely depressing news. The rapture’s happening soon, but not to us. Hm, well jeez, when I phrase it that way, it doesn’t sound terrible at all. What I mean to say is, Dear Esther developer thechineseroom’s next non-Amnesia game, the super fascinating Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture, is no longer coming to PC – at all, for the foreseeable future. Sony’s nabbed it for its burgeoning army of indie exclusives, so I guess that means it’s not allowed to love us anymore. I reached out to thechineseroom’s Dan Pinchbeck, and he confirmed the bad news.

Truth be told, I went in expecting to come away marking off days on my calendar until a period of timed exclusivity was up, but no such luck. When I asked if everybody who matters – you know, PC gamers – would eventually go to the rapture, Pinchbeck offered a brief, unfortunate reply: “No, it’ll be a PS4 exclusive.”
Kodaemon:
I can't say I'm surprised. Guess that makes 2 games I won't have to spend money on, I won't buy AAMFP so they can make ps4 games.
" Before you buy, consider whether you, as a PC gamer, really want to support Dan Pinchbeck and his studio:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/22/dear-esther-devs-rapture-no-longer-coming-to-pc"

Thanks for the heads-up.

I had planned to eventually buy the amnesia games, but from now on The Chinese Room and their products is out of my scope. I don't wish to financially support their console games.

I also stopped buying Sony products after the ps3 cfw-otheros fiasco, which made Sony show its true colors - harassing and [url=http://grafchokolo.com/]GrafChokolo.

Edit,
Something is acting up here - i couldn't quote properly?
Post edited September 08, 2013 by Solei
Solei: I had planned to eventually buy the amnesia games, but from now on The Chinese Room and their products is out of my scope. I don't wish to financially support their console games.
Just a clarification: the first Amnesia was made by Frictional Games, not The Chinese Room, so it's still cool to buy it :P Good adventure game, too, if rather overhyped in the scare department.

And really, while I love what The Chinese Room are doing from an artistic perspective, their business practices are just crummy.
So...reviews are coming in.

Not looking so rosy...hm.