It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A completely new chapter in the most prominent modern horror game series.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, a terrifying survival horror game set in Victorian London, on the edge of insanity and nightmare, is available for pre-orders 20% off on GOG.com. That's only $15.99 before the game is released on September 10.

Cold sweat running down my back, I sit wide awake in my bed. Before the fever is back, I have a moment of clarity to reflect upon my dreams. The noise of the machine that haunts them still sounds in my head. The visions of infernal machinery are driving me insane, never revealing the installations whole form nor purpose. All I'm certain about is my fear. The cold sting of its needle pierces right through my heart. The world feels more and more like a small cardboard box, and its walls are getting closer, and closer. Finally, they will close on me and trap me inside, like in a little coffin. Even though the window is open, and the cold, damp air of the London night extends its tendrils down my lungs, I don't feel that I can breathe freely as the fear consumes me. I can hear that infernal engine again. Strange, I could've sworn I'm not asleep anymore.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, the indirect sequel to [url=]Amnesia: The Dark Descent[/url] excels in the art of terror storytelling. Using first-person perspective gameplay, suggestive visuals, and chilling ambiance, it creates an experience that all horror fans will deeply appreciate. Altering and expanding the ideas used in the previous Amnesia story, the game offers a new level of immersion and interaction, that will make you feel a part of the events more than ever before. With a gripping story-line, perfect pacing, and atmospheric environment design, this title is everything you need to make your heart beat faster.

Pre-order Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs for only $15.99 on GOG.com today, and start preparing for one of the most terrifying and unsettling gaming experiences of your life. The 20% pre-order discount offer lasts until the game's release, which is expected on September 10.
Very promising. It'll be rock no doubt.
Kunovski: guys (and gals), what's with all that linux urge? has the whole world gone hipster? :)

I still remember my friend praising linux and that we all should move to it and boycott evil Microsoft, only to see him go back to Windows a few days later as he hasn't found a proper way to install and play Counter Strike :D

this happened like 8 years ago I admit, so it's possible one can even found decent graphics card drivers for linux nowadays, but for me it's still much more convenient to "go with the flow"...
A lot has changed recently. I've not been using Linux Mint very long - I only started using it earlier this year - but for many years now I've been getting more and more annoyed with Microsoft (long list of reasons... the main ones being their love of DRM and anti-consumer business practices in general, GFWL, their disdain for PC gaming, Vista, Win8 etc). I actually first considered switching to Linux back when Vista was released but decided against it at that time because much of the software I use did not have native Linux versions/Linux alternatives, and then Windows 7 came out & wasn't terrible so I upgraded to that.

Windows 8 made me consider switching again but this time almost everything I use now either has native Linux versions available, Linux alternatives or they run perfectly in Wine - the only thing that was keeping me on Windows were games. And even that's becoming less of an issue, because Steam is on Linux now and lots more game developers are offering Linux support, plus there have been major improvements to Wine (and I can just dual-boot with Win7 for any Windows games I can't get to work well in CrossOver). So after playing around with various Linux distros in VMs I settled on Linux Mint KDE edition and switched.

It's been working out extremely well for me so far, I'm very pleased with it & have no intention to ever switch back to Windows.

nijuu: When people start rolling in on one game just to ask for linux support and clammoring lost sales i start to be cynical...
Well I wasn't going to post initially, but after seeing others post here I decided to add my voice too in the hope that GOG will notice. I've already pre-ordered this via the Humble Store because they will offer the Linux version... I would have preferred to buy it here, but unfortunately GOG currently refuse to provide the native Linux version.
TheJoe: Steam lists Linux support. Don't make me do it, please :(
Gog doesnt support Linux yet, Only Mac and windows.
I do have a question regarding Linux though.
Ive heard that you can run games in wine or whatever its called in Linux if its a windows based game.
Doesnt that work well or is it best with linux based software?
Havent really tried it since i just Dual boot annyway.

Edit: Doh.
The post over me answered my question.
Do Feel free to elobrate further if your inspired though.
Post edited August 17, 2013 by Lodium
Too bad the offer does not include an extra copy of Amnesia: The Dark Descent .
TheJoe: Steam lists Linux support. Don't make me do it, please :(
Lodium: Gog doesnt support Linux yet, Only Mac and windows.
Ive heard that you can run games in wine or whatever its called in Linux if its a windows based game.

Short answer: Windows gaming on Linux is for teh lulz
Long answer: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/ Here, have fun searching for working games. Windows game support in Linux is laughable at best, and I won't even mention WINE, it's a good idea, it came far, but the distance it has to cover is insane enough to make it obsolete or irrelevant. It's just that Valve is trying to beta-test their client on Linux and all the penguin fanboys have placed their hopes on Steam actually working, which, if at all, will take too much time to matter and will only support brand new games that their devs care enough to support on Linux. That's the main reason the linux client only has indie and Valve's own games.

Also, you should have taken the hint when he said "I can always dual boot to Windows 7", which is what is bound to happen most of the time when you want to play windows games. Dual booting sucks. I ended up staying in Windows and abandoning the linux partition altogether because I was spending too much time playing a game in Windows so all my other stuff slowly moved back because going back and forth in OS for simple tasks is retarded.

Of course if you play on console and you only browse the net, and do some office work on the PC, Linux is pretty nice (unless you want actual driver support for surround sound, dolby, etc etc). But gaming... You might as well just save yourself the trouble and forget it, unless all you play is new indie games or old games that run on DOSBox.
Lodium: Gog doesnt support Linux yet, Only Mac and windows.

npalsensei: Short answer: Windows gaming on Linux is for teh lulz
Long answer: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/ Here, have fun searching for working games. Windows game support in Linux is laughable at best, and I won't even mention WINE, it's a good idea, it came far, but the distance it has to cover is insane enough to make it obsolete or irrelevant. It's just that Valve is trying to beta-test their client on Linux and all the penguin fanboys have placed their hopes on Steam actually working, which, if at all, will take too much time to matter and will only support brand new games that their devs care enough to support on Linux. That's the main reason the linux client only has indie and Valve's own games.

Also, you should have taken the hint when he said "I can always dual boot to Windows 7", which is what is bound to happen most of the time when you want to play windows games. Dual booting sucks. I ended up staying in Windows and abandoning the linux partition altogether because I was spending too much time playing a game in Windows so all my other stuff slowly moved back because going back and forth in OS for simple tasks is retarded.

Of course if you play on console and you only browse the net, and do some office work on the PC, Linux is pretty nice (unless you want actual driver support for surround sound, dolby, etc etc). But gaming... You might as well just save yourself the trouble and forget it, unless all you play is new indie games or old games that run on DOSBox.
Actually it's not nearly that bad; most games I've tried so far work quite well and I don't often have to reboot into Windows, e.g. from my testing so far with CrossOver 12.5 (which is based on Wine 1.6):

Fallout 3 (and presumably New Vegas although I've not tested that yet) runs almost perfectly
Rise of the Triad 2013 runs great
InFlux runs great
Magrunner - Dark Pulse runs great
Alan Wake almost runs great (good framerates and only very minor graphics glitches, but missing sound)
The Witcher runs great
The Witcher 2 I'm still testing but it seems to run well enough, albeit some minor graphical glitches
Fez runs great
XIII runs great
...etc

Also, try winehq.org

And with regards to "only indies and Valve" supporting Linux:

Deep Silver have shown an interest in supporting Linux (and in fact Metro: Last Light is getting a Linux release), Tropico 5 is also getting a Linux release as is Football Manager 2014. In addition, Crytek are porting their engine to Linux. Serious Sam 3 is available for Linux too.
Post edited August 17, 2013 by adamhm
From the makers of two games where you run on rails encountering pre-scripted events and nothing much actually happens. I'll probably buy it because it will be pretty but already expect that it will be First Person Autism.
ne_zavarj: Too bad the offer does not include an extra copy of Amnesia: The Dark Descent .
True - would have been a great incentive. Though, ive just fired up DD today (having been lucky enough to win it), and am loving it so far - so definately sihlisting this. feel bad for my mate though - he bought it on steam and didnt think to check GOG.
tomellard: From the makers of two games where you run on rails encountering pre-scripted events and nothing much actually happens. I'll probably buy it because it will be pretty but already expect that it will be First Person Autism.
Actually, since it was made by The Chinese Room, it's from the makers of one game where you walk around and almost nothing happens. (And I enjoyed Dear Esther, for those who think I'm dissing it.)
I would love a Linux copy of this game, but I guess I'll be buying it from either Desura, Humble, or Steam :( Why won't you let me throw money at you?
low rated
AGH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Scary My arse My actual Life has been scarier then this! I went through a REAL PORTAL when I was 6 years old Fun times! - NOT!!!!

fr33kSh0w2012's InterDimensional slipgate startup/shutdown Sounds May 9, 2011 10:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGmkJyvwfoo

I was purposefully being Silly so no one in black ops came knocking my door down at the end of this video turn the sound up a little louder then usual and No it is NOT a screamer the sounds I emulated the noises that the Interdimensional Slipgate made!

My voice didn't apear in that video correctly I may re-do the video in the near future properly I was in a hurry that night.
Post edited August 18, 2013 by fr33kSh0w2012
No Linux version on GOG? Ok, i will buy it on Desura or Humble Bundle...
sonicpp: No Linux version on GOG? Ok, i will buy it on Desura or Humble Bundle...
Luckily they have the same 20% off deal and that includes the Windows, Linux and Mac versions DRM-free and a Steam key.
Not my kind of game really, but that is a nice package.
Why exactly should GOG cater to the 3 or 4 GOG Linux users (all of which are probably using different distros) who might buy the game for the Linux version.

What needs to be proven is whether it would be PROFITABLE to GOG to offer Linux versions.
Crosmando: Why exactly should GOG cater to the 3 or 4 GOG Linux users (all of which are probably using different distros) who might buy the game for the Linux version.
I think there might be slightly more than 3 or 4 GOG Linux users. There are more than 20 people asking for a Linux version in this thread alone and the wishlist has more than 11300 votes for Linux versions.