It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Aaron86: Any difference between buying this through GamersGate and the Mac App Store?

I guess I'll ask if NWN 2 is worth picking up anyway. Yeah, it's only 99¢ now, but still.
to me, No, NWN 2 isn't worth it, the core game is terrible, cliche story, boring characters that you've seen before and far better in other RPGs.

Mask of the Betrayer is better but no where near as good as some gamers claim to be. It's not even Close to Planescape Torment. It is at least a little interesting but I think your time is better spent playing though a Black Isles game again or a demo for a Spiderweb game.

NWN 2 may be Obsidian's worst release and they're been pretty much dissapointing.

then again there's worse things to buy for a buck, like tainted fast food, but there's better too.
Aaron86: Any difference between buying this through GamersGate and the Mac App Store?

I guess I'll ask if NWN 2 is worth picking up anyway. Yeah, it's only 99¢ now, but still.
As crazy_dave said, I'm betting that the GG release will require you to download and install Aspyr's GameAgent software; that isn't the case with the Mac App Store, as Apple will always insist on using its own DRM.

Then again, at $0.99, it's practically a non-issue if you ever get locked out of the game due to DRM-related shenanigans.
crazy_dave: Yeah MacPlay in the early 90s was crappy, bad ports, but when it was revitalized in the late 90s & early 00s, they did some really good work.
What really irritated me was MacPlay's ludicrous system requirements. For instance, I remember them claiming that Giants: Citizen Kabuto could run on a 350 Mhz G4 when at the time it was one of the most graphically demanding games of its day. To make matters worse they shipped the game without functioning multiplayer even though they blatantly advertised it on the box and manual.

Oh, and don't get me started on how they shipped Sacrifice with a bewildering memory-paging bug in OS 9, which they addressed by simply telling Mac users to downgrade their machines to 512 MB of RAM. o.O
Post edited March 22, 2012 by rampancy
cool. thanks for the heads up. i guess i will have to bite the bullet and give it a try.
rampancy: What really irritated me was MacPlay's ludicrous system requirements. For instance, I remember them claiming that Giants: Citizen Kabuto could run on a 350 Mhz G4 when at the time it was one of the most graphically demanding games of its day. To make matters worse they shipped the game without functioning multiplayer even though they blatantly advertised it on the box and manual.

Oh, and don't get me started on how they shipped Sacrifice with a bewildering memory-paging bug in OS 9, which they addressed by simply telling Mac users to downgrade their machines to 512 MB of RAM. o.O
:) and I thought they had gotten better by that point :P - the early 90s I remember their port of Star Trek: The 25th Anniversary Edition being so buggy I couldn't play the main story line after a certain point. Thankfully one could go to any system an battle the Romulans, Klingons, and Pirates and so I still squeezed a lot of fun out of the game.

I never tried the ports you mentioned ... so it's possible my memory of MacPlay in the late 90s/early 00s is skewed, but their port of Starfleet Academy I remember being very smooth ... a pity that they never did Klingon Academy.

(fun fact, the spellcheck recognizes Klingon, but not Starfleet or Romulan as a word! :P)

rampancy: As crazy_dave said, I'm betting that the GG release will require you to download and install Aspyr's GameAgent software; that isn't the case with the Mac App Store, as Apple will always insist on using its own DRM.

Then again, at $0.99, it's practically a non-issue if you ever get locked out of the game due to DRM-related shenanigans.
crazy_dave: Yeah MacPlay in the early 90s was crappy, bad ports, but when it was revitalized in the late 90s & early 00s, they did some really good work.
rampancy: What really irritated me was MacPlay's ludicrous system requirements. For instance, I remember them claiming that Giants: Citizen Kabuto could run on a 350 Mhz G4 when at the time it was one of the most graphically demanding games of its day. To make matters worse they shipped the game without functioning multiplayer even though they blatantly advertised it on the box and manual.

What? NWN2 as an awesome campaign, the engine sucked and there were alot of bugs but the game was cool.
Post edited March 23, 2012 by NightK
rampancy: The MAS (Mac App Store) doesn't have any worse DRM than Steam
"A shot to the face with a .22 isn't really any worse than a shot to the face with a .45" Sorry, I'd choose not getting shot in the face.
rampancy: The MAS (Mac App Store) doesn't have any worse DRM than Steam
mqstout: "A shot to the face with a .22 isn't really any worse than a shot to the face with a .45" Sorry, I'd choose not getting shot in the face.
Nevertheless, it's a good price.