It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Amnesia series, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Clive Barker's Undying and more sensational scary games up to 75% off!

Boo! It's time to put up your Jack-'o-lanterns, buy an excessive amount of candy, and dress up in a costume that's a clever reference to pop-culture. All that, and of course--play some scary games! It's [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/halloween_promo_291013]No Trick, All Treat on GOG.com. We've prepared a selection of terrifying titles to make gaming Halloween a one to remember. They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky, they're altogether ooky, they're games from GOG! Masterfully crafted thrills in Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, pixelated gore and terror of I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, demonic dread in Clive Barker's Undying, and many more terrorizing titles, are all available up to 75% off until Friday, November 1, at 10:59AM GMT Are you scared yet? No? Well then, let the Enigmatic T set you in the mood with some creepy storytelling.

<iframe width="590" height="443" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KYKJXggEE-w?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But that's not all! Our releases today, will also put a white hair or two on your head. Just now, we've added , a terrifying stealth-based survival horror game with parkour elements, full of insanity and violence, to our DRM-free catalog, and it's available for only $13.39 for a limited time. In about six hours, we'll add yet another game well-suited for the occasion: [url=http://www.gog.com/game/deadly_premonition_directors_cut]Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut, one of the most bizarre thrillers ever told in a game, is coming your way, and will be available for only $22.49 (that's 10% off for a limited time). Have a horrifying Halloween, everyone!

PS. All those scares can prove exhausting, so we also give you the option to relax with some good old shooty-shoot action in The Chaos Engine, a legendary top-down shooter straight from 1993. It's available 50% off (that's only $4.99) until Friday, November 1, at 10:59AM GMT.
Post edited October 29, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Tempted to get Pathologic. Anyone wanna try to convince me?

Also, just how bad is the english translation?
Immoli: Tempted to get Pathologic. Anyone wanna try to convince me?

Also, just how bad is the english translation?
I'm curious about Pathologic as well.
Pathologic is free if you are a Big Head member at Destructoid. Second free game I have gotten there already! Now as to whether the game is any good........I just got Outlast yesterday so it will be a while before I can find out.
Hengst2404: Pathologic is free if you are a Big Head member at Destructoid. Second free game I have gotten there already! Now as to whether the game is any good........I just got Outlast yesterday so it will be a while before I can find out.
What's Big Head and is it free?
I can't see how a list of Halloween games could be complete without including Costume Quest!

even if it isn't discounted it should be promoted for this time of year, it's a fantastic game.
Azilut: Gabriel Knight: A serviceable point-and-click adventure with a voodoo theme. At no point did I find it scary, but if you're a fan of classic point-and-clicks you could do worse.
I'm not jumpy, but Day 9 with the plates creeped me out (I guessed what would happen after I was done working at the puzzle), and the view from the plane in Day 10 was just awesome. I do think it's the best*least-polarizing game on the list (IMAO IHNMAIMS is better, but it's more of a hit-or-miss).
Azilut: Gabriel Knight: A serviceable point-and-click adventure with a voodoo theme. At no point did I find it scary, but if you're a fan of classic point-and-clicks you could do worse.
It is so nice to know that I'm not the only one to think this game doesn't live up to the reputation it has on this forum.
Here's a youtuber gushing about the game in great detail (though from what I recall he keeps the plot spoilers fairly minimal). This is the review that first got me interested in the game.
Azilut: Phantasmagoria 2: A much-dumber sequel that ditches the original story and goes for more of an "evil corporation" angle. Might be worth playing just to laugh at all the stupid parts.
I didn't think the Phantasmagoria 2 was a dumber version but a bit more wacked out. But I do recommend people to play the second more than the first, the second one has this charm about it and I still wonder how she set all that stuff out in the bedroom without leaving any marks
Azilut: Here's a youtuber gushing about the game in great detail (though from what I recall he keeps the plot spoilers fairly minimal). This is the review that first got me interested in the game.
Thanks. Wont be able to watch it for a long time though, because slow internet.
iippo: cat lady and Gabriel Knights 2 + 3, Would Those be Well invested €'s?

i must admit ive Always been bit suspicious of GK 2 & 3 as "They Don Look Like the First one", Which Was Simply brilliant.
I can definitely vouch for The Cat Lady as I played that game all the way through and was quite pleasantly horrified :D
I'm only missing 5 titles with 3 of them I own somewhere else.
I am tempted to get Pathologic but I'm still unsure about it.
iippo: cat lady and Gabriel Knights 2 + 3, Would Those be Well invested €'s?

i must admit ive Always been bit suspicious of GK 2 & 3 as "They Don Look Like the First one", Which Was Simply brilliant.
JudasIscariot: I can definitely vouch for The Cat Lady as I played that game all the way through and was quite pleasantly horrified :D
I played it most of the way through it was weird to say the least! :3
Which are the scariest games out of this promo ? (im lining up to by Penumbra collection, Gabriel Knight 1 & Clive Barkers undying atm).
nijuu: Which are the scariest games out of this promo ? (im lining up to by Penumbra collection, Gabriel Knight 1 & Clive Barkers undying atm).
If by "scary" you mean in the "jump out of your seat" sense, then I think the only games on that list actually going for that are the Amnesia games, Penumbra games and Clive Barker's Undying. (For the first two I'm just going by what I've heard.)

IHNM is pretty disturbing, and I've heard that The Cat Lady and Pathologic are too, but that's not the same as being "scary" in the more immediate sense. Gabriel Knight and Sanitarium are more atmospheric than "scary". The Phantasmagoria games are too cheesy to be legitimately scary. As for Alone in the Dark... it might have been scary once, but I have a really hard time getting scared by monsters that look like googley-eyed plush toys. :p