It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking for a real chess challenge? GOG.com introduces THE chess simulator for only $9.99.
[url=http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/chessmaster_9000]Chessmaster 9000 is a highly advanced chess simulator, initially released in 2002. Featuring one of the best chess engines to date, called The King, it remains among the greatest chess games out there. With different difficulty settings and customizable opponent "personalities" it's suitable for both new and advanced players. The game's "blunder alert" feature helps newbies to learn from their mistakes and, in time, predict the consequences of their own actions and anticipate their opponents' moves. Finally, the chess experts can enjoy the "Ultimate Opponent" feature to compete against over 150 predefined opponents.
I dont know, but the only thing that comes to my mind is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik :)
So well... Another chess game on GOG :P
personally i'm not that chessminded however it looks interesting
That's an... interesting release.
Awesome. Absolutely awesome. ChessMaster is THE series for the chess interested, or the person interested in learning chess. You can learn a pretty high level of chess just by playing the game.
I was actually going to buy ChessMaster 11 Grandmaster Edition, but now I'll get this instead. The Chess Engine in use is basically the same, and it is very good and scales very well to whatever rating you have.
Absolute must-buy for everybody who likes chess.
Cool cool, still waiting for Postal 2 release though.
(edit: Sorry for little offtopic)
Post edited May 05, 2009 by pecet
Another chess game.
I'm still utterly pathetic at the chess :) But I've heard positive things about this one.
I think this is the first GOG's chess game I want to get.
I would love some more details about how the game can teach me chess. I know the rules and I can a bit of chess, but I usually struggle against easy opponents since most computers doesn't make stupid mistakes, which I excel at. :P
So awesome!!
Those who want to learn chess should get Majestic Chess. For us newbies, it's an excellent game, as it mixes chess with a sort of adventure game (kiiiind of like Puzzle Quest, but with missions designed to teach chess). Read about it here:
[url=]http://www.netjak.com/review.php/483[/url]
The game has an "anti-blunder" system that warns you when you're about to make a serious mistake (and yes, it discovers less obvious errors than setting yourself up for a direct checkmate).
There's all manner of tutorials, exercises, and detailed analysis available for the beginner-to-medium ranged player. Josh Waitzkin himself has a full session where he talks about the psychology of competitive chess, and there are also a big offering of written essays and annotated games for the more serious chess players out there.
The ChessMaster series has always been known for first-rate chess teaching tools in addition to having the best chess engine seen in a relatively mainstream release.
There was also a fairly good multiplayer option available through Ubisofts own servers, however I do not know the current state of that.
All in all the real Master of Chess (games).
Post edited May 05, 2009 by stonebro
OK....fine...and now the Postal 2 and I'll take them as a bundle :)
Was this in the Upcoming list and I just didn't see it, or is this a surprise release?
It was not in the upcoming list. It isn't flagged specifically as a surprise release either, although that's what it really comes down to.