It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirPrimalform: The issue is that GOG for some reason still hasn't given us the most recent official version and has instead given us a version which is (as I understand it) not compatible with the official patches nor save games from any other versions.
KB is not the only game GOG treated in this fashion. The confusing forum layout and the absence of a general support forum make is very easy to hide those issues.
SirPrimalform: The issue is that GOG for some reason still hasn't given us the most recent official version and has instead given us a version which is (as I understand it) not compatible with the official patches nor save games from any other versions.
grviper: KB is not the only game GOG treated in this fashion. The confusing forum layout and the absence of a general support forum make is very easy to hide those issues.
Out of interest, what other games are you referring to?
SirPrimalform: Out of interest, what other games are you referring to?
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/gog_games_missing_content_incomplete_etc/page1
A probably incomplete listing of various GOG release issues ranging from missing documentation to downright broken. Battle Isle Platinum includes Incubation without a single patch applied, Betrayal at Antara has a reproducible crash not present in retail edition.
grviper: ...
Incubation: is there any research needed? Or the patch is known just not applied by GOG in its release? Incubation is also one of my top games here, so I could take that case after successfully solving current one.
Lexor: Incubation: is there any research needed? Or the patch is known just not applied by GOG in its release?
The required research has been done in the thread the thread I linked to links to in the Battle Isle entry. Hacked exes make it impossible to use retail patches, none of which were applied. Last blue text seen spring this year. Antara had last touch of blue a year ago, with a fix promised ASAP. :)
grviper: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/gog_games_missing_content_incomplete_etc/page1
A probably incomplete listing of various GOG release issues ranging from missing documentation to downright broken. Battle Isle Platinum includes Incubation without a single patch applied, Betrayal at Antara has a reproducible crash not present in retail edition.
Ah yes, I remember that thread.
grviper: ...
wow, found the topic and.... I'm crashed - to have so detailed fix and to not use it? No words can describe what I have in mind now... I do not know what GOG is waiting for, but I promise that at every Incubation sale I will repeat in sale topic that game is broken - it "somehow" worked for KB so maybe it will work for BI.
Bringing up to your attention:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/king_s_bounty_the_legend/gogs_kings_bounty_the_legend_v1_7_build_35396_has_some_serious_bugs/post24

Sooo... GOG knows that save game is buggy, knows how to fix it but is not releasing proper patch for everyone? I'm confused.
Post edited January 10, 2012 by Lexor
grviper: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/gog_games_missing_content_incomplete_etc/page1
Its sad that thread gets pushed so far down on the forums... it ties into your other post you made on this subject as well, about how easy it is to hide issues.

Unfortunately, this is the GOG MO when it comes to games they sell which are broken -- they try to hide the issue, pretend it doesn't exist and don't ever try to fix it, hoping that eventually the people making noise back down.

Why would they continue to sell Antara? GOG staff knows it doesn't work, yet offer no fixes. Interstate 76 is another game they sell that just has horrendous issues. Either stop selling it and offer refunds for those who bought them, or fix them. Don't continue to sell them like they are working.

GOG constantly tells us we are such a "great user base" but then sells us games that don't work. Honestly, I wouldn't ever expect a fix for King's Bounty, when they haven't ever bothered to fix Antara (and never will, either.)
Post edited January 10, 2012 by Roufuss
Bugs? I just completed the game with the Warrior class on easy about a week ago. Is this bug only associated with the mage class as the warrior seems fine.
Post edited January 10, 2012 by oldschool
oldschool: Bugs? I just completed the game with the Warrior class on easy about a week ago. Is this bug only associated with the mage class as the warrior seems fine.
When have you downloaded the game and have you finished every possible quest in it?
It seems as we will not get confirmation if all quests work.
First post edited:
- added temporary workaround for game saves (not tested by me yet)
- change of list of problems to problematic questions (still yet unanswered)
oldschool: Bugs? I just completed the game with the Warrior class on easy about a week ago. Is this bug only associated with the mage class as the warrior seems fine.
Lexor: When have you downloaded the game and have you finished every possible quest in it?
Computer was down for a few days, I was able complete all fo the quests in the game. This bug may only affect the mage class. I guess more testing is needed.
Confirmed that the issues are all resolved?