It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

After unpacking of 1C patch and looking at exe it has some icon - looks like some packer / archiver? Can someone tell me what application was probably used to prepare this? It is a helpful information to get look inside this file to see what it contains. :)
Attachments:
TheEnigmaticT: We have actually been working on this. It's just that the wheels of GOG grind slowly, if exceedingly fine. ;)
Why has GOG been working on this when it's not a particularly old game, and the devs are still around? =S

Should have just contacted 1C (unless that's what you mean by 'working' on it).
Post edited November 19, 2011 by SirPrimalform
SirPrimalform: Should have just contacted 1C (unless that's what you mean by 'working' on it).
I did understand it was Firek who prepared the GOG's official patch. And as I said before I also couldn't understand "why". Still I've contacted 1C myself and they promised to deliver proper patch / install version.
SirPrimalform: Should have just contacted 1C (unless that's what you mean by 'working' on it).
Lexor: I did understand it was Firek who prepared the GOG's official patch. And as I said before I also couldn't understand "why". Still I've contacted 1C myself and they promised to deliver proper patch / install version.
I can just wait for them to send that to GOG and then download the new installer.
SirPrimalform: I can just wait for them to send that to GOG and then download the new installer.
I'm doing the same right now. They told me they'll do that next week and I hope GOG will upload it over Firek's version.
Post edited November 19, 2011 by Lexor
Well, I tried to run 1C patch and got "some" error. KB's developer is from Russia so it is probably some message in Cyrillic which font I do not have it installed on my PC - can someone from Russia run this and tell me what is says? :D

EDIT: I've found out that this "Îňěĺíŕ" probably means "Cancel" xD Now, I'm looking at the rest of.. "symbols" :D
Attachments:
It's not Cyrillic. Most likely you PC doesn't know how to decode that and produces a string of garbage.
grviper: It's not Cyrillic. Most likely you PC doesn't know how to decode that and produces a string of garbage.
Perhaps it is a Cyrillic codepage, and his Windows installation is crippled into not understanding it?
grviper: It's not Cyrillic. Most likely you PC doesn't know how to decode that and produces a string of garbage.
Yes I know it is not Cyrillic as I know Russian language a little. And you are right.

I asked if someone from Russia could run this file on his/her PC to display "proper" message in Cyrillic. :)

BTW: using binary editor I've found this word "Cancel" in exe and found also the rest of text message so now there is no need retype it if someone wants to help.
Đŕńďŕęîâęŕ äŕííűő...

Óńňŕíîâůčę îáíŕđóćčë, ÷ňî óćĺ óńňŕíîâëĺíŕ áîëĺĺ íîâŕ˙ âĺđńč˙!
EDIT: HA! http://newyork.mashke.org/Conv/ :D
Распаковка данных...

Установщик обнаружил, что уже установлена более новая версия!
Now, it IS Cyrillic :D

EDIT: which translates into:
Extracting data ...

The installer found that there is a newer version!
So..... I think I would send this to 1C as this patch will not work with GOG version :( It discovers "truth" and stops.
Message to 1C sent. For the time being I'm wondering if there is some manual method to extract contents of 1C patch...

Does anyone recognize this installer icon and tell me what's that?
Attachments:
SirPrimalform: Why has GOG been working on this when it's not a particularly old game, and the devs are still around? =S

That's pretty much what I meant, yeah.
Lexor: Message to 1C sent. For the time being I'm wondering if there is some manual method to extract contents of 1C patch...

Does anyone recognize this installer icon and tell me what's that?
Did you get the patch posted in the 1C promo thread? Perhaps that has what you're looking for...

EDIT: Link to post with patch: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/1c_publishing_catalogue_60_off_this_weekend/post32
Link to actual patch: http://files.gog.com/support/KB_unpatched_v2.zip
Post edited November 19, 2011 by adambiser
SirPrimalform: Why has GOG been working on this when it's not a particularly old game, and the devs are still around? =S

TheEnigmaticT: That's pretty much what I meant, yeah.
Oh good! Sorry about that then.
adambiser: snip
Yes, I've even linked it here :)
adambiser: snip
Lexor: Yes, I've even linked it here :)
Bah! I didn't go back far enough to see that. A lot of activity in the thread in the past 24 hours.

Also, no clue about the installer icon. Google image search didn't help either.