It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're giving away 100 games a day to our users to celebrate our 5th birthday!
For the last 5 years we've been doing our best to bring the best games in history to your home computers. Now, we're celebrating our birthday, and we want you--our users--to have a blast! That's why for the next five days we'll be giving away 100 games a day via our different channels (the forums, social media, YouTube). The details of each giveaway will be revealed on day to day basis, so make sure to drop by daily and see what are we up to.
Today, we've planned something special for our long-time users, and it's all going to go down right here, right now--in the forums. We'd like to honor the people who have been with us the longest. If you think you're one of these people, post a comment in the forum thread below. Include the number of days you're on GOG.com (just upload a screenshot of the "Days on GOG.com" of your Account Info Page--please include that number in your post as well, to make our job a little easier, thanks!) and give us a one-sentence statement on what was it exactly that made you register with GOG.com. The first 100 users with the most time since registering will be sent a $9.99 gift-code.
You have time until tomorrow, that's Tuesday, October 1, at 2:59PM GMT to enter the giveaway, as at that time we'll be moving to another communications channel with a new set of rules. So, GOG.com old-timers, show off how long have you been with us!
661 days. :)

I came here for the "Good Old Games" that i couldn't find anywhere else.
Attachments:
gog.jpg (32 Kb)
Post edited October 01, 2013 by Merlac
1836 days. Lurking all those shady "abondonware" sights brought me here to get all the gog legitimately :)

I know I`m too late, but this is my first ever post, and I thought it was only right to celebrate 5 years at gog.

May they continue to grow....
Attachments:
I am with gog.com since December 2008: 1746 days.
The DRM free games convinced me at that time, but this is a nice place too to get older games!
Attachments:
gog_rb.png (6 Kb)
1768 days. What brought me here was the DRM free old games that are not offered anywhere else legally.
Attachments:
image-2.png (27 Kb)
Post edited October 01, 2013 by solar_dome
I'm an early adopter at 1834 days. I've spent too much here too......

I joined because I could envision spending a lot less time mucking about with Dosbox.
Attachments:
Post edited October 01, 2013 by lippy
1834 days for me too. I joined to get me some good old game nostalgia.
Attachments:
dog.jpg (59 Kb)
1,847 days and 189 games :)

I joined because I loved so many of these games and the idea of running them without trouble was... awesome. I've stayed because GOG still delivers on that same promise of awesome games and no hassles. Plus, your support has always been top notch and the community is excellent.
Attachments:
gogdays.png (126 Kb)
Pretty sure I'm too late for this one but...

I joined for the DRM free games!
Attachments:
gog.png (24 Kb)
I have upgraded to opera Next! have been here for 1545 days now! make that 1546 accounting for today!
Attachments:
my_days.jpg (194 Kb)
Too late, but I'm sure I beat everyone - 1863 days.
i have been here for the last 752 days. i came here for the baldur's gate series, who had accompanied me greatly during the late nineties/early millenia and which DVDs just broke 2 years ago. i will stay for all the other awesome classic/non-classic/independent/promo-goodies you guys throw at us. thanks for all your efforts!
Attachments:
Desslock: Too late, but I'm sure I beat everyone - 1863 days.
Not everyone, since I already saw this number, but it's the highest number I've seen, so you're probably shared first place.
Holy smoke. You have me beat but not by a lot. 1845 for me.

Good to see you anyway. What have you been doing to keep yourself busy? Do you write for anyone currently? Anything upcoming?

I let my subscription to PCGamer lapse when you stopped writing for them. I loved your column. Reading your opinions and analyses reminded me of when I used to discuss literature critically with my English professor.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for all of your work and for enlightening a fellow RPG fan for so long.

Cheers.
But this one is still my favourite
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/giveaway_for_longtime_members/post131
whodares2: Holy smoke. You have me beat but not by a lot. 1845 for me.

Good to see you anyway. What have you been doing to keep yourself busy? Do you write for anyone currently? Anything upcoming?

I let my subscription to PCGamer lapse when you stopped writing for them. I loved your column. Reading your opinions and analyses reminded me of when I used to discuss literature critically with my English professor.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for all of your work and for enlightening a fellow RPG fan for so long.

Cheers.
Thanks, man. In fairness, my GoG start date is unfair, as I had pre-launch access to help them iron out the kinks.

Not doing any regular game writing these days. I'm going to help out the Quarter to Three guys by contributing to a few articles in coming weeks, generally talking about older games. I'm also doing a Tom vs Bruce vs Desslock for those guys.

Appreciate the kind words -- hasn't been the best of years for RPG fans, but that offers some opportunities to get caught up on the classics available here.