It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're giving away 100 games a day to our users to celebrate our 5th birthday!
For the last 5 years we've been doing our best to bring the best games in history to your home computers. Now, we're celebrating our birthday, and we want you--our users--to have a blast! That's why for the next five days we'll be giving away 100 games a day via our different channels (the forums, social media, YouTube). The details of each giveaway will be revealed on day to day basis, so make sure to drop by daily and see what are we up to.
Today, we've planned something special for our long-time users, and it's all going to go down right here, right now--in the forums. We'd like to honor the people who have been with us the longest. If you think you're one of these people, post a comment in the forum thread below. Include the number of days you're on GOG.com (just upload a screenshot of the "Days on GOG.com" of your Account Info Page--please include that number in your post as well, to make our job a little easier, thanks!) and give us a one-sentence statement on what was it exactly that made you register with GOG.com. The first 100 users with the most time since registering will be sent a $9.99 gift-code.
You have time until tomorrow, that's Tuesday, October 1, at 2:59PM GMT to enter the giveaway, as at that time we'll be moving to another communications channel with a new set of rules. So, GOG.com old-timers, show off how long have you been with us!
1747 day all ready. I love old games so much!!! y are the best
Attachments:
days.jpg (70 Kb)
1518 days.

At nthe time it was the prospect of playing Redneck Rampage in a trouble free way and for a very reasonable cost. I have been payed back many times over in that I have been able to interest teenage nephews in the validity of 'old school' gaming on modern hardware. Oh and going from the trouncer to being trounced. Flatout, Painkiller and Unreal Tournament are still played and enjoyed.
Attachments:
Registered with GoG for DRM-free Fallout and other DRM-free games.

1378 Days
Attachments:
1101 days on GOG.

I found myself here randomly while I was looking for a copy of Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic. I fell in love when I saw that not only did you have the AoW series, but my beloved Master of Magic as well. Been a dedicated lurker ever since!
Attachments:
Lots of older users here than I, but I've currently got 752 days. BlueKronosGOGDays.jpg

I first signed up because my wife told me of the free games available on GOG.com for registering and when I looked one of which was Tyrian which I had played on the shareware version and on a friends computer with the full version.

Soon got sucked into collecting old favorites and picking up copies of classics I hadn't played before and gradually came to see that DRM free was better for everyone and have made GOG.com my 'platform' of choice when there are options for a game.

Edit: fixed link for screenshot
Post edited September 30, 2013 by BlueKronos
1846 days

I signed up for GOG because it was the service I had been wanting, and discussing about with friends, for years: an easy way to access older games that had been updated to run on modern systems.
Attachments:
gog_days.jpg (20 Kb)
Post edited September 30, 2013 by dw.ryan
1746 days. Best design, and content for real games maniacs :)
Post edited September 30, 2013 by innuendo87
656 Days as a member & 34 purchased games in my library.
A relative new comer!

I joined because I loved GOG's ideals and because you guys are definitely the best way to get hold of working copy of some real classics on newer OS'.

Keep up the great work and congratulations!
-Marc
Attachments:
1789 days wow
Attachments:
Happy birthday GOG.com, I think I came since the early access, couldn't resist the promise of Good Old Games :P

"1846 - signed-up on Sep. 10, 2008"
Attachments:
Post edited September 30, 2013 by gnoupi
1846 days

Reason:
Was incredibly happy to see GOGs idealism in an increasingly run down industry, and still am :)

You guys make me feel good about spending my money here, even if I didn't like the games themselves, which I really do!
Attachments:
Great you have reached 5 years already.

1340 happy days for me!

Joined because classics remain classic, no matter how many times played.
Attachments:
gog.png (144 Kb)
Wawou... 1843 days, didn't even realize that! ;)

On the other hand, I still expect to see some LucasArts games here, one day or the other.
Attachments:
Post edited September 30, 2013 by rolyat
1845 days & counting. I can't believe it's been this long!

I joined hoping to see all my old favorites revitalized for modern machines. I've been gaming a long time and it's sad to see old friends (like System Shock 2) refuse to work. I've bought so many games I already own here...just to be able to play them again.

The indies are nice, but for me GOG will always be a haven for old games. More more more!
Attachments:
gogshot.jpg (14 Kb)
1832 days, I've been with GOG for a long time and I've never been disappointed, things just keep getting better all the time.
Attachments:
dandays.png (206 Kb)