It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: JoeSapphire- Stand up guy, won't hear a word against him.
Vote JoeSapphire for complementing himself. An obvious mafia ruse!!!

...right
Finished a quick reread. Now I'm going to mull it over overnight, and get back to you with my thoughts. Don't get your hopes up thought, unless I get a certain flash of brilliance there won't be anything earthshattering.
@Joe nmillar would just hammer the innocent like he usually does, and regarding xyem i know what he said its more why he said it....

@Robb the reason Im leaving off the lurkers is maybe perhaps unlike you I have no idea who the mafia is and using your logic than one of the 3 quiet/inactive people are mafia it would like the cup and ball game to which one of silverfire,ovoon and surprisingly zchnique is a mafia member.

I find it more scummy to be like whilst rolling a dice
vote silverfire he isnt posting
vote zchique lack of posting
vote ovoon lack of posting

As we are voting based on guessing but dont get me wrong, Im annoyed as its poor for town to not know any players thoughts but how can you pick out 1 of these 3 and say you have made the correct choice based on what? How about you pick one we lynch them and we then lynch you if youre wrong? If I were mafia would I leave my vote on you due to a gut feeling? I would have no need to as I would know who to vote for.....

@xyem its a case of what you said and what it really means, your he got what he asked for reads like he got what he deserved, I usually work out the mafia by what they are really trying to say through the text, As we have no infomation about anybody its about the only way to go without guesswork. Robbes leaning town read and the way you both seem to post in a similar period is drawing to think you are the two players who are working together...

@nmillar what is your theories on the players and do you perhaps think that it could be a robbeasy and xyem partnership

@3 lurkerteers any insight?, Why do you think noone was killed last night?

A nolynch would not achieve anything as looking at the setups we have hardly any chance of having a cop compared to the mafia always having a role cop so they could find out who is the important players amonst us....
This will be the 3rd post of mine on this page, and maybe the 5th or 6th for this day. And I'm still getting bombed on for lack of posting? What is this?
ovoon: This will be the 3rd post of mine on this page, and maybe the 5th or 6th for this day. And I'm still getting bombed on for lack of posting? What is this?
It's not necessarily the amount of posts, but the content in them.

/inbeforepotcallingthekettleblack.
ViolatorX: snip.....

@Robb the reason Im leaving off the lurkers is maybe perhaps unlike you I have no idea who the mafia is and using your logic than one of the 3 quiet/inactive people are mafia it would like the cup and ball game to which one of silverfire,ovoon and surprisingly zchnique is a mafia member.

I find it more scummy to be like whilst rolling a dice
vote silverfire he isnt posting
vote zchique lack of posting
vote ovoon lack of posting

As we are voting based on guessing but dont get me wrong, Im annoyed as its poor for town to not know any players thoughts but how can you pick out 1 of these 3 and say you have made the correct choice based on what? How about you pick one we lynch them and we then lynch you if youre wrong? If I were mafia would I leave my vote on you due to a gut feeling? I would have no need to as I would know who to vote for.....

....snip
Don't get me wrong - I'm not Voting for them to lynch them, I'm votin gto get them out into the open and take part more! As for picking one in favour over the other two - there was none of that, it was a random pick. They all at the time had posted about the same amount (and it was xyem originally in the choice, not Zchinque...;o). Like I've already said, its more a device to draw them out and take part in the game more , than any witchunt...although you *usually* have a Mafia who is quieter than normal....coming back to you in a bit violator

@Joe - NoLynch always a bad idea, you just start the next day with potentially one less townsperson, and no more information. Its like giving the Mafia a free go. It can be difficult, but eventually someone slips and a choice is made for lynch.

@Silver - hardly any posts, then just a joke one! (or i hope it was a joke!) - out of the three mentioned as lurkers, you have posted the least since it was pointed out. I know we have the modifier that newbies possibly are nervous / finding it difficult to find stuff to post / just have a natural quiet style, but you are stretching it a bit....

@Ovoon - what zchinque said. Although, like has been found out in the past, it may just be your style. I seem to remember Pazzer being lynched more than once in past games for having a very similar style, and I think he turned out to be town every time...!!

@violatorX - so, because two separate people point out flaws in your posts, they are immediately in cahoots?! You CANNOT go by posting times in this game, on this worldwide forum - when im asleep some poeple post, when I'm awake, some other people post. Its just when people are on the forum.
And why the appeal to nmillar to back up your 'theory' of me and xyem being in it together? Just a desperate attempt to get some credibility and get an experienced player on your side, make you look better, and less scummy. If you were town, you wouldn't have to do that.

You only strengthen my belief you are scum. My vote for violatorX stands.
ViolatorX: @nmillar what is your theories on the players and do you perhaps think that it could be a robbeasy and xyem partnership
Well, as this is a newbie game, I think it's highly likely that there's one newbie and one more experienced player as the mafia. Robbeasy and xyem would certainly fit this description, but I'm not yet convinced they're guilty.
ViolatorX: @xyem its a case of what you said and what it really means, your he got what he asked for reads like he got what he deserved
But it's not a case of you saying that is how you read it or how you think I meant it.

And my question in #170 isn't a question on "being a newbie", it was that in all the information that I've read about Mafia, I'd not heard of any mechanics that allowed what was being described (roleblocking 1 mafia stopped the entire mafia from working). It was a question to the mechanics of this specific game, not of Mafia in general.
ViolatorX: @xyem its a case of what you said and what it really means, your he got what he asked for reads like he got what he deserved
xyem: But it's not a case of you saying that is how you read it or how you think I meant it.

And my question in #170 isn't a question on "being a newbie", it was that in all the information that I've read about Mafia, I'd not heard of any mechanics that allowed what was being described (roleblocking 1 mafia stopped the entire mafia from working). It was a question to the mechanics of this specific game, not of Mafia in general.
If I understand your question right, then the explanation is that the mafia member who was chosen to carry out the night kill (the mafia have to choose who's going to do it) was the one blocked. The other mafia member (assuming there are 2 members) could carry out his role (if he has one) without any problem.
ovoon: This will be the 3rd post of mine on this page, and maybe the 5th or 6th for this day. And I'm still getting bombed on for lack of posting? What is this?
Here, you have told everyone the amount of times you have written stuff, rather than shared your suspicions and opinions on other's suspicions or answered any questions that may have been directed at you.
That's what it is.

If, for example, some of us start to worry that everybody would lose interest in the game and stop playing, is it not better to kill nobody than to kill someone at random, with a much higher chance of killing good guy than bad, to force the game to move forward?
Encouraging votecount

nmillar - 1 - Zchinque
Robbeasy - 1 - ViolatorX
Ovoon - 1 – nmillar
ViolatorX – 1 - Robbeasy
JoeSapphire – 2 – Ovoon, Silverfire
Nolynch – 1 - JoeSapphire

Not Voting: Xyem

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

JoeSapphire is the closest to lynch with 2 votes at L-3.

If there are some mistakes feel free to correct me.
Post edited July 31, 2011 by Vitek
nmillar: If I understand your question right, then the explanation is that the mafia member who was chosen to carry out the night kill (the mafia have to choose who's going to do it) was the one blocked. The other mafia member (assuming there are 2 members) could carry out his role (if he has one) without any problem.
This is precisely why I asked. I've not read anything which says a specific mafia member is selected to do the "kill role" and thus, can be inadvertently blocked.

This may be because all my previous research was for games with no roles though, so such a selection wasn't necessary.
nmillar: If I understand your question right, then the explanation is that the mafia member who was chosen to carry out the night kill (the mafia have to choose who's going to do it) was the one blocked. The other mafia member (assuming there are 2 members) could carry out his role (if he has one) without any problem.
xyem: This is precisely why I asked. I've not read anything which says a specific mafia member is selected to do the "kill role" and thus, can be inadvertently blocked.

This may be because all my previous research was for games with no roles though, so such a selection wasn't necessary.
Well, in that case, I can confirm that one mafia member is selected to carry out the kill.
First things first - unvote.

Nmillar's hammer on Rager was still terrible and strictly anti-town, but as I have at least casually read most games on site, I know that he is prone to making rash, stupid, and, well, anti-town actions. While his play is scummy, it is somewhat ironically, completely in line with his town meta. As such he doesn't worry me in particular at this moment.

Rob's playing has me more uneasy. Nothing in particular sticks out, his posts just strike me at somewhat... what should I say, bland. He's very helpful in clarifying basic terms and some mafia theory for the newbies, but that can be an easy cover for scum to hide behind. Remember kids - being generally helpful does not indicate townieness. Anyway, it's nothing damning, but something to keep in the back of the mind.

Joe's posting today has much improved over yesterday. Nothing stands out as very scummy, and if he keeps it up it should be easier to get a good read on him. Voting nolynch is a bad idea, though.

It worries me that I can't remember a single post of Silverfire's off the top of my head.

But for now I think I will join nmillar: Vote ovoon

@Ovoon: Who do you find suspicious, and why?