It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ixamyakxim: And JMich I was NOT softclaiming. Or even claiming.
Even assuming both Telika and RWarehall were investigative roles, 2 in 17 isn't that excessive. So even though the "multiple scans" you said is correct, I did think that by multiple you meant excessive, thus saying that you were an investigative role as well.

Anyway, I'm still not convinced about the "group" thing, but I am waiting a bit more to see if Darko can still communicate with us, or if he'll only be able to do so from the next day.
JMich: Even assuming both Telika and RWarehall were investigative roles, 2 in 17 isn't that excessive. So even though the "multiple scans" you said is correct, I did think that by multiple you meant excessive, thus saying that you were an investigative role as well.

Anyway, I'm still not convinced about the "group" thing, but I am waiting a bit more to see if Darko can still communicate with us, or if he'll only be able to do so from the next day.
Two investigative roles, yes, that's not excessive. But both claimed that that their targets were mod verified town. This would mean two COPS, and not say, a Cop and a Tracker, or a Cop and a Watcher, or any other combination. A Tracker is only told who his target has visited, and a Watcher simply gets told who visited his target, neither are 100% night 1 reliable for catching scum (ok, Watcher yes, but that wouldn't clear SPF). This is either suggesting that someone is lying, or I just don't know.

Well, might as well ask this question, it's been on the back of my mind for the past two days, but I'm busy til Tomorrow night, only stopped in to poke around fast.

To Telika and Warehall, do either of you have any reason to doubt that your results are still valid?
Talika was definitely town as of Day 2. The possible existence of a cult does create the possibility of some doubt going forth.

That said, with what appears to be a night kill, I'm doubting we have a cult and that means there was some other reason for no kill Day 1. (Shenanigans, blockage, failed to agree - maybe scum have same problem town does, etc)

Give me two days without a night kill, then we talk of other explanations for the first kill. Just one, I'm strongly leaning toward a regular scum team.

In other words, stranger things have happened, but under the circumstances, I believe my information would still be valid today. 100%, can't say that, but the sky could also be orange and people have been lying to me my entire life...
TwilightBard: Two investigative roles, yes, that's not excessive. But both claimed that that their targets were mod verified town. This would mean two COPS, and not say, a Cop and a Tracker, or a Cop and a Watcher, or any other combination.
And two cops in a 17 players game is excessive? Or unusual?
First this a couple days ago in answer to Amok's query:

JMich: The night kill does seem to make a cult unlikely, unless there's a vigilante targeting people.
Now this from RWarehall:

RWarehall: That said, with what appears to be a night kill, I'm doubting we have a cult and that means there was some other reason for no kill Day 1.
I don't understand why people believe that Cult and Mafia have to be an either/or proposition. I am not saying there has to be both, but I am saying that they are by no means mutually exclusive.

-------

Thanks for the reply, Ixamyakxim. It was the response I was somewhat expecting, though, perhaps, not all I was hoping for. C'est la vie.

So. I think I will do something entirely out of character for me. I am just going to...

Unvote: Ixamyakxim

...and not re-vote anyone else immediately. I want to see how this Day plays out a little bit more without my interference by throwing accusations ant votes around; I'd like to see a few more of the quieter folks chat a bit.

------

pre-post edit:

JMich: And two cops in a 17 players game is excessive? Or unusual?
It is. However, it depends a lot on the set up. There are such things as "Insane Cops", 'Naive Cops", "Paraniod Cops", "Random Cops" or other Cops which may not give 100% accurate information all of the time.

This was a big reason I wanted to know if we are dealing with single people or with group abilities, and why I was pressing the issue so hard with Ix. If the abilities are racial, it could limit what sort of kooky traits might be going on with investigations, or at least give them a bit of context (in terms of flavor).

If this is, in fact, a Cult game, then it actually strengthens the case of there being two Cops. It is entirely possible that two sane investigative were added in to mitigate Cult power/growth for balance reasons. Also, if there is a Mafia group as well as a Cult group, then one investigation might be a scum-aligned, while the other is town.
JMich: And two cops in a 17 players game is excessive? Or unusual?
2 normal cops? Yes.
And you know I am always right. Like with jailer always being town and similar stuff. :-)
Vitek: ............ And you know I am always right. ..........
I feel ya.

I also know how challenging that can be...
Okay, so got a chance to get online :) And we got a kill - well it does at least give something away - we see the race name being Terran which confirms the likelihood that we are dealing with SC2 inspired races (I believe we earlier had a discussion about that).

We know that people can get killed and finally we know the voting patterns of a town player, who given that the rest is: part of a group - hence it might also indicate the mood of others in the group he was in.

I am still somewhat disappointed that the Lx lynch failed and I am still interested in seeing it occur - even with the explanations he have given, I don't feel it explains enough. Yea, it did bring to light to likely town players and gave us a fix point as for how they go - but with the potential cult or just potential influence via groups (people tend to stick together when assigned a similar distinction, it is not unlikely that the whole cult thing is in fact just a regular mafia, where the mafia is spread to the groups and can take part in every discussion). Only outsider from that option appears to be flubbuckets group, which would then either be neutral, a group governed by odd rules or possible (throwing ideas out): scum chat or (un)dead chat?

Anyway, no new votes for now - I'll look at how this goes tomorrow with fresher eyes.
Red_Baron: Okay, so got a chance to get online :) And we got a kill - well it does at least give something away - we see the race name being Terran which confirms the likelihood that we are dealing with SC2 inspired races (I believe we earlier had a discussion about that).

We know that people can get killed and finally we know the voting patterns of a town player, who given that the rest is: part of a group - hence it might also indicate the mood of others in the group he was in.

I am still somewhat disappointed that the Lx lynch failed and I am still interested in seeing it occur - even with the explanations he have given, I don't feel it explains enough. Yea, it did bring to light to likely town players and gave us a fix point as for how they go - but with the potential cult or just potential influence via groups (people tend to stick together when assigned a similar distinction, it is not unlikely that the whole cult thing is in fact just a regular mafia, where the mafia is spread to the groups and can take part in every discussion). Only outsider from that option appears to be flubbuckets group, which would then either be neutral, a group governed by odd rules or possible (throwing ideas out): scum chat or (un)dead chat?

Anyway, no new votes for now - I'll look at how this goes tomorrow with fresher eyes.
The original flavor post told of the four races.

Gorak is mentioned in Runescape, and Terran is a common race in other games, movies and television. I can't seem to find anything about Zyrphan or Elroi so your comment about StarCraft is........well what is it really???
After three days of reading I've finally caught up with the game.

First things first, I am very unhappy with the actions of the majority of people in flub's group (which seems to have persisted last night, with no talking there whatsoever, at least according to flubbucket). While I understand that the restriction you have been given may seem difficult to work around, that's the entire bloody point of it. Thus the fact that it's called a restriction

While you can't talk to one another directly, you could have stated your thoughts and opinions on other players, events within the game, etc. but instead most of you decided to use silly pseudonyms and contribute nothing of worth at all.

Moving swiftly along, I am still not entirely happy with Ixam for his actions over the course of two days, but at least he's been posting frequently and has recently attempted to explain some of his actions and word choices. The latter explanation, though I feel it somewhat incomplete, is a step in the right direction. So for the time being, I am not going to vote for him.

Another point of interest is SPF's confirmation as town by Telika, and then Telika's confirmation as town by RWarehall. I would like to hear more on the matter from the both of them, as Telika seemed on the verge of giving an explanation when a real life legal crisis and the in-game day's end stopped him. Basically, what I would like to know is why we should believe either of you.

Lastly, I'd like to wish SirPrimalform well with whatever he has to deal with. We'll miss you, skeleton nose.
I'm caught up now too. But I'm still lost, I think primarily due to the fact that there are just so many uncertainties around regarding even the basics of this game (cult/mafia/vigiliante/etc.).

My first impression is that it's certainly good to see that a couple of people (Telika, RWarehall) have come forward with useful information about people who are town (or at least were town if we've got a cult). Helps clarify some of the uncertainty.

Regarding my group chat (same group as flub), I haven't been posting there much in the past as I don't really see the point. If I want to post my general thoughts, I do it here to share with everyone, not there where only a few others can see it.
amok: and?
nmillar: I responded to the roll call. I need to actually read today's posts before I can comment on them ...
Unvote
Vote nimllar

for being the bestest lurker.
CSPVG: why we should believe either of you.
Well, you should believe me because Rware said so. I was about to give more details, reluctantly, but his vouching spared me this, so, of course I prefer it that way.

Now why should you believe him, well, see that with him.

As for SPF, I have no reason to think he switched affiliation during the night, especially now that a murder weakened the cult theory quite a bit. For reasons already mentionned (group structures, flavor, OP win condition exemples), I don't believe in multiple baddie factions in this game. It could be a vigilante, killing Darko for his sort of kind of not exactly hammering of SPF, or it could be a mafioso killing Darko because he's a Terran like Rwarehall. Rarehall, don't answer this point here, but maybe you'd like to think about whether this kill can be linked to species and to however you got your info on me - knowing that if there is a mafia, there's probably a member on the Terran quicktopic.

Speaking of SPF, I tried to contact JoeSapphire for a replacement but alas no answer yet. Not a good sign.

I have a question for Ixamyakxim : Have you already played such forum mafia games before ?
flubbucket: The original flavor post told of the four races.

Gorak is mentioned in Runescape, and Terran is a common race in other games, movies and television. I can't seem to find anything about Zyrphan or Elroi so your comment about StarCraft is........well what is it really???
Okay :), clearly my memory wasn't up to speed in the night - so I guess the discussion I recalled wasn't about the names. Strike that point from the list of things we learned :P.
In your defense Red, I believe there was some discussion about other races. Some from others who merely skimmed the OP and others regarding false race claims.

@Telika It did not escape my notice that Darko came from my own race. Certainly his comments in our nightly racial meeting are being pored over for clues. And for the record, us Terrans are a chatty bunch AND we even speak to one another. Maybe some (or one) of the other races should try it! [couldn't resist]