It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JMich: "If you are town and investigated Telika, and Telika is town, town has multiple investigative roles, or Telika is lying. Or Telika is not town, and he's still lying"
Krypsyn: Ahh, so you think 'group' in Ix's case means 'town'? I was assuming he meant it like faction/race. Well, that is something Ix will have to clear up ... hopefully.
That is how I read it, thus why I considered it claiming/fishing. If there's an investigative race, it would either mean that every one in the race has an investigative role, or that only one of the group could investigate each night. Which would mean that there are 2 investigative races.

But trying to make sense after midnight isn't a strong suit of me ;)
Vitek: It is not about it being anti-town. It is about it being standard behaviour of said person and you and flub wanting to vote him for it.
And, I already stated it wasn't only that one action, it was aslo his actins leading up to it.

Vitek: Also I only wanted to mention this in one post, you were the one who started defending yourself about it and drew me into it, so I am not sure why you keep talking about strong defense on my part.
I actually was explaining, since you seemed to have trouble with it. You seemed to get defensive when I mentioned that you were jumping the gun on defending him.

Vitek: I am noting how you are turning it into him acting anti-town (which I could agree but it isn't scummy if he always does it) from you wanting to vote him for thing he is known for.
Good. I am glad you are noting! It is a very pro-town action! :)

JMich: But trying to make sense after midnight isn't a strong suit of me ;)
Ever try drinking bourbon? Maybe it would help. It is a pretty mixed bag for me, actually, but maybe it'll work out for you!
The Arbiter once again arises from his seat

"Ladies and gentlemen, you have let yet another day slip by without a death. This cannot be allowed to continue if you are to destroy this evil! Night has fallen, it is time for sleep. We will continue this in the morning. Here are how the votes stand now (though all votes will be wiped clean with a fresh day, since a good night's sleep may very well change minds.)

Telika has 3 votes (cast by P1na, TwilightBard, Ixamyakxim)
flubbucket has 2 votes (cast by amok, DarkoD13)
SirPrimalForm has 1 vote (cast by Robbeasy)
Ixamyakxim has 7 votes (cast by CSPVG, Red_Baron, Krypsyn, Rwarehall, Telika, nmillar, JMich)
JMich has 1 vote (cast by flubbucket)"

It is now night. Please do not post here, however all nightly quicktopics are now active. This night will last 48 hours or until night actions are completed.

Just so you fellas know, I will probably only be able to check this every day in the PM (around 9 or so ish...sometimes later) CST due to work situations :/

EDIT: One of these days I'll get a votecount right...
Post edited July 02, 2014 by A_Future_Pilot
You are all awakened by a bloodcurdling scream. Everyone rushes to the center of the chamber where DarkoD13's body lies with a blade protruding from his ribs. The Arbiter arrives, and rolls him over.

"This is a Terran, and he has no trace of evil on him."

You all look at each other concerned and suspicious, and it's not long before the accusations begin flying.

DarkoD13 has been nightkilled. He was a Terran Town. It is now day 3. With 16 alive it will take 9 to lynch. This day will end on July 19th if no lynch is reached.
I am not amused. I actually somewhat suspected DarkoD13 of being scum; I am glad he turned out to be town (although the circumstances of the proof leaves a lot to be desired). At least we know that there is some sort of player/faction that can kill in the game. So, there is that silver lining, we finally have some definitive information, however limited.

We can looked back to DarkoD13's previous votes and posts for clues about who killed him, but that can get very WIFOM very quickly. Thus, I am going to go back to my previous vote, hoping that we can get some of the answers Day 2's end cut short:

Vote: Ixamyakxim
new day new opportunities.

Vote Flub

So does this mean that it is not a cult game?
Krypsyn: We can looked back to DarkoD13's previous votes and posts for clues about who killed him, but that can get very WIFOM very quickly.
It's not hard thing to do and it tells us 2 things:
1. Darko has the worst possible forum title to search for (OK.).
2. Only person he ever went after and voted outside RVS is flubbucket. He voted SirPrimalform before deadline as well but only to get lynch.
He also argued with Ixamy... but it was Ix who went after him, not Darko after Ix.
The night kill does seem to make a cult unlikely, unless there's a vigilante targeting people.
Either way, I also want to get a few clarifications from Ix about the group and the scans.
amok.634: So does this mean that it is not a cult game?
Not in the least.

Vitek: It's not hard thing to do and it tells us 2 things:
2. Only person he ever went after and voted outside RVS is flubbucket. He voted SirPrimalform before deadline as well but only to get lynch.
He also argued with Ixamy... but it was Ix who went after him, not Darko after Ix.
Thank you, Captain Obvious. :)

My point is that we can't really make any conjecture about the motives of his killer by what Darko did without getting into heavy WIFOM territory. Did the killer kill help because he was too close to the truth, as a red herring to only make us think he was too close to the truth, because they personally thought he was scummy (in the case of the vigilante). Every straight forward reason for his death could also have a reason based in misdirection. Later, once we have more context, we can revisit his death to glean better information. For now, the most we can really do it mostly baseless conjecture.

Also, for someone who thought it was 'not hard', you seemed to miss that Darko also voted for SirPrimalform briefly. ;)
Well I've asked AFP if he can replace me. Some shitty stuff has/is happen(ed/ing) and I've just completely lost any and all will to keep up with the game. Sorry to let everyone down like that, I know how frustrating it is when someone is still playing but isn't playing.
Krypsyn: Thank you, Captain Obvious. :)

My point is that we can't really make any conjecture about the motives of his killer by what Darko did without getting into heavy WIFOM territory. Did the killer kill help because he was too close to the truth, as a red herring to only make us think he was too close to the truth, because they personally thought he was scummy (in the case of the vigilante). Every straight forward reason for his death could also have a reason based in misdirection. Later, once we have more context, we can revisit his death to glean better information. For now, the most we can really do it mostly baseless conjecture.
Really? Thanks for enlightening me, so many new informations.
You only said we could look into Darko's votes and potes so I quickly did it. I have said nothing about how we should jump on flub now because of it. (but maybe we should for different reasons). Even if you try to discourage it so much it never hurts to looks into nk'ed played history of post and votes because tehre is alway chance it will tell us something. And beacuse certainly not everyone is going to do it, it never hurts to post who he voted.

Also, I hate anyone who killed Darko purely because he seemed interested in the game and it can slow it even more. :-/

Krypsyn: Also, for someone who thought it was 'not hard', you seemed to miss that Darko also voted for SirPrimalform briefly. ;)
Ah, that was stupid of me. I think I missed it when i was menitoning he voted him before deadline and where I was lefting out RVS where he voted him as well. I'll try to be more careful next time. :-p
Krypsyn: (although the circumstances of the proof leaves a lot to be desired).
I'm sorry for the VERY lacking flavor. I was exhausted last night and figured it was better to get the day rolling than wait just so I could come up with better flavor :/
amok.634: So does this mean that it is not a cult game?
Krypsyn: Not in the least.

Vitek: It's not hard thing to do and it tells us 2 things:
Krypsyn: Thank you, Captain Obvious. :)

Also, for someone who thought it was 'not hard', you seemed to miss that Darko also voted for SirPrimalform briefly. ;)
I find this very negative thinking - yes its still early days , but the whole point of the game is to look at the NK and try to extrapolate theories from it. indeed it does include an amount of WIFOM - but thats the game !
To just toss the NK off as something that shouldn't be looked at all is a scummy outlook, in my book.

vote krypsyn

And SPF - sorry to hear that bud, hope all is well and come back to us soon..!
Robbeasy: To just toss the NK off as something that shouldn't be looked at all is a scummy outlook, in my book.

vote krypsyn
I never said we shouldn't look at it. I only said we shouldn't jump to any conclusions about his killers until we know more. Two very different arguments.

Also:
Wee! My first vote for Day 3! I am super excited! :)
Wow, I made it!... but Darko didn't. Our first death - I expect some interesting commentary! I still... got nothing. Clearly my thoughts on Darko having a cult message mechanism were wrong, perhaps the whole idea of a cult itself... is wrong, I have to assume I was wrong on Telika and I don't really know where to go from here.

On the bright side, we can start to figure out what it means to still participate in the game when dead, so there's something.