It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vote Ixamyakxim.

Newbie or not, "I voted him because he had the most votes" (paraphrased) is a pretty tenuous reason to target someone.
Robbeasy: Im very busy at work today so not got much time, but I am not very happy with all this info being slung around - the idea is to keep as much to ourselves as we can, any info given out for free can only help the Mafia.
It pays me to say this, but I agree - there's a lot of fishing going on at the moment.
nmillar: It pays me
Sellout!
nmillar: It pays me to say this, but I agree - there's a lot of fishing going on at the moment.
Yeah but is it fishing from the mafia? As we said, either they're killers and probably distributed amongst the groups, which would mean that they will know during the night everything there is to know, or they are (fewer) cultists, and then would require forum exchanges in order to map out out groups.

I am not certain about what we'd get by doing this mapping now, except for the one thing that interests me : the T members group. I am curious about that, and I would prefer to be clear about it (is there really a 5 members group, for instance, although it'd be probably too obvious to have a mafioso outside these groups and, precisely, vulnerable to this outing), but it's the only thing that interests me. The info about 4 members groups, whether they talk at night or during the day, which race they are, do they have scales or tentacles, interests me not.

Now, if we have killers instead of cultists, concealing our species is silly. The mafia will learn it BEFORE us, that is, during their nightkill decision making. Believing in killers AND considering that species outing is detrimental to town makes no sense.

If we have (fewer) cultists, then maybe they'd have reasons to target specific species first, and would want to identify them now, knowing that they won't have enough info to share when deciding for night actions. This is the case where there could be an potential unknown danger.

Other things,

RWarehall, cultists would forecully switch a player's affiliation, instead of killing him.

Sirprimal, in my firsr game I was violently impatient for the first night and events, and was all lynchlynchlynch on day one, and scummy because of that. I'm taking it into account when reading ixamyakxim's post.

Flubbucket, I was referring to your assumption about mafia numbers, which was a pure killers assumption, as if cultists were completely out of your mind. Generally speaking, I find you scummy because I can't get a feel of how you imagine the setting, sometimes you seem to have one background and mechanism in mind, sometimes another. Rather than someone actually speculating or having an opinion (even in terms of probabilities), you come off as someone hopping from one discourse/belief/taking-in-consideration to the other, which evokes me masks more than the expression of an actual yourself behind it. Of course, your tone doesn't help, as it facilitates plausible deniability a lot.

And the early lesson-on-how-to-join-a-wagon, which sounded more like early behavioural hints to newbie mafiosi than post-wagonning decyphering lessons.

My general concern, again, would be the mafia to win because we are too divided by our species. In that sense, I think we have to be careful about why we choose to not collaborate all together, beyond knee-jerk clanic reflexes. There may be reasons, good ones, but let's also beware of the wrong ones. And, beyond general principles, to assess the practical reasons to conceal this or that info.

I always kinda disagree on the idea that not understanding anything about the setting is more beneficial to town than to mafia. As the other guy was saying : where there is confusion, someone who knows exactly what he wants has all the chances to get it...
Telika: Yeah but is it fishing from the mafia? As we said, either they're killers and probably distributed amongst the groups, which would mean that they will know during the night everything there is to know, or they are (fewer) cultists, and then would require forum exchanges in order to map out out groups.
This sounds like a cult to me:
A_Future_Pilot: Some of you here have already been swayed by it, and if it is not stopped here, it will spread throughout all of your people.
Telika: I always kinda disagree on the idea that not understanding anything about the setting is more beneficial to town than to mafia. As the other guy was saying : where there is confusion, someone who knows exactly what he wants has all the chances to get it...
the more info the better. the more we know fr sure the less there is for scum to hide behind.
Telika: ...

If we have (fewer) cultists, then maybe they'd have reasons to target specific species first, and would want to identify them now, knowing that they won't have enough info to share when deciding for night actions. This is the case where there could be an potential unknown danger.
I don't follow the logic here. If the idea is to target a specific race, then wouldn't that be done regardless of how many scum there are in the game? But okay, I can see why a race claim might not a good idea at this point.

However, if we are assuming cultists, because of the "swayed" terminology in the OP, then we can expect them to have members in all houses, eventually.

I have been for a race claim up to this point, but let's rest on it- the Townies should find out who is in their house during nighttime, but a straight up race claim tells everyone who is where. Skipping on a race claim prevents, at least for the moment, getting info out to people who might be missing it.

I agree that only that group with the greatest number of players is important info for Town, and this we can find out after the first Night passes.

We don't need a first day lynch to get to nighttime; but keep in mind that the cult has way higher probability to win if not clamped in the first two days.
I've just always been of the opinion (I'm open to be wrong about it) that the first day offers very little beyond rampant speculation and we learn a lot more after we see that first night and how voting bandwagons go in subsequent days. As far as cults, killers and the like goes we have an added wrinkle in this game in that once dead the player is NOT gone. Killer evil ghosts? Dead cultists possessing the still living? I'm eager to see what comes up... though I DO prefer not to join the ranks of said dead just yet please! ;)
Telika: ...

cmdr_flashheart: I don't follow the logic here. If the idea is to target a specific race, then wouldn't that be done regardless of how many scum there are in the game? But okay, I can see why a race claim might not a good idea at this point.
Am saying that a killer mafia group would be numerous enough to have already infiltrated all groups, so, during their night conversation, they'd have no trouble identify a valid target if they target a specific species. While a less numerous cult would not have infiltrated all the species yet, so would still not know who belongs to which when they'll have to discuss their next target.
Robbeasy: Im very busy at work today so not got much time, but I am not very happy with all this info being slung around - the idea is to keep as much to ourselves as we can, any info given out for free can only help the Mafia.

And - I believe that includes factions , affiliations, whatever. It could blow it wide open and give the Mafia a head start.

Lets not make it easy for them to pick their first target, eh?!
Vote:Robbeasy
I'm going to Vote: Ixamyakxim because, although this is technically the first proper mafia game he's been party to, I find his reasoning unbelievably scummy.

I first wanted to vote for flubbucket, but he's (as I've stated before) acting in such an overtly silly/ scummy way that I can't but help think that he actually wants to be lynched.

Furthermore, I've given my opinion on both the cultist vs. killer and race claim discussions, and my opinions remain largely unchanged.

Moderator:

1) Could we have a vote count?

2) When is our deadline up? It would be June 3rd, no?
I could get behind Ixamyakxim vote if we are close to deadline, any lynch is better than no lynch then. I do think flub is a bit too eager to find out what happens after he is lynched.

However, my main concerns are TB and the commander at the moment.
All right. Yeah, the day is advancing, so I guess it's time to cast a proper official vote.

Flubbucket's traditional semi-humorous, semi-passive-agressive tone is a good shield for scummy behaviour followed by "i actually mean [this/that]". I suspect him to have provided tips to newbie mafiosi, but above all I'm unsettled by his absence of read on the cult/kill question, or, more precisely, the fact that his posts always seem to imply a different stance on it, as if they were driven by tactics more than by actual personal perceptions of the setting. This is quite an important element, to me. And it's the main reason why I vote CSPVG.

You know, like randomly going from "I pretty much see it as cmdr_flashheart does, with four races, each containing members of the scum team. Since there are seventeen of us, there should be what, five scum?" (killers theory ?) to "I think that we're dealing with a cultist-type recruitment scenario, as it seems the most likely thing to me considering the flavour" (cult obvious since OP ?).

This is added to the whole "he's too scummy to be scum" logic (may be both a safe voteless distanciation, or an clean-hands indirect bandwagoning), and the easy targetting of newbie impatience.

These reasons together push him in front of Flubbucket, though I'd be okay with hammering any of both.
The Arbiter once again stands from his seat. "Another tally, ladies and gentlemen, as per request.

Robbeasy has 2 votes (cast by nmillar, flubbucket)
amok has 2 votes (cast by 01kipper, Dustfinger87)
Vitek has 1 vote (cast by IShoot4lolz)
flubbucket has 2 votes (cast by Robbeasy, DarkoD13)
01kipper has 1 vote (cast by SirPrimalform)
TwilightBard has 3 votes (cast by Vitek, amok, Ixamyakxim)
cmdr_flashheart has 1 vote (RWarehall)
Ixamyakxim has 2 votes (cast by SirPrimalform, CSPVG)
CSPVG has 1 vote (cast by Telika)"

With 17 alive it will take 9 to lynch. If no lynch is reached, day 1 will end on June 3rd.
Post edited May 29, 2014 by A_Future_Pilot
A_Future_Pilot: The Arbiter once again stands from his seat. "Another tally, ladies and gentlemen, as per request.

Robbeasy has 2 votes (cast by nmillar, flubbucket)
amok has 2 votes (cast by 01kipper, Dustfinger87)
Vitek has 1 vote (cast by IShoot4lolz)
flubbucket has 2 votes (cast by Robbeasy, DarkoD13)
01kipper has 1 vote (cast by SirPrimalform)
TwilightBard has 3 votes (cast by Vitek, amok, Ixamyakxim)
cmdr_flashheart has 1 vote (RWarehall)
Ixamyakxim has 2 votes (cast by SirPrimalform, CSPVG)"

With 17 alive it will take 9 to lynch. If no lynch is reached, day 1 will end on June 3rd.
Telika: I vote CSPVG.