It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RWarehall: guess the short story explanation is all races look the same then for RP purposes.
I wouldn't even say that. It's more like... all these creatures are different-looking figures on the table, and we forumers are sitting around the table, trying to guess (and sometimes prevent others to guess) which figurine belongs to which player.

It's more "meta", see. It's tabletop board game-ish, and not directly roleplayed. If you play other games, you'll encounter settings where you really won't find such "maybe the aliens are humanoid" rationalizations. You'll face players who won't tell you whether their character is the fat grandma or the hyperactive little kid - and may even lie about it. Even though, "in universe", you'd just have had to look at them in order to know for sure.

Forum mafia games are weird like that.
(To give you an idea : In the previous game, a player claimed to be an old disabled lady in a wheelchair, and we had no mean to know if it was true. Turned out it was. In the same game, another player claimed to be a dog, and some of us, including me, believed him. It was a total lie. So, see what I mean ?)

ANYWAY back to the game. I am still hoping for more answers to my question. Who is expecting killers, who is expecting cultists, in this game ?
Brilliant explanation Telika!!

If any of my Kinder eggs were able to be fertilized I would sooo have your babies...

About the game flavor I'm growing more to believe the previously posed mason/cultists setup. I won't go out on a limb and say we are in fear of a recruiter or some junk like that. But it does seem plausible ....

Now here's the thing-would this stem from a differing political ideology?

For instance one each of the Zyrphan, Terran, and Gorak and Elroi band together because they each are compelled to not allow the unholy union of race mixing to occur on the planet so Jihad! Jihad! Jihad! And another group with the same make up is attempting to make sure there is a peace accord reached among the nations??

Or am I reaching??
The dark smurfs are minions of some evil power, which is in this room, apparently. I am guessing that bit in the OP was eluding to the Cult Leader.
A_Future_Pilot: ...while unbeknownst to you, there has been another power at work. Gathered in this very room is the heart of this evil power, ...
He or she has already recruited, as we know by this,
A_Future_Pilot: ... Some of you here have already been swayed by it...
Here's some evidence that the OP was eluding to a recruitment scenario,
A_Future_Pilot: ...and if it is not stopped here, it will spread throughout all of your people...
This last bit is a bit vague- does it spread after the council fails, or while the council is in progress and affects members as well?

The fact that the OP says that the "heart" of this power is here makes me think that it's definitely a cult scenario. But this is just my guess work, so feel free to dispute it, anyone.

I don't think hashing out why the evil dudes want us dead/recruited is helpful- the fact is that they do; it's not like we can talk them out of doing it.

Unless one of the races can do recruitment as well, that would have been sweet.
I think that we're dealing with a cultist-type recruitment scenario, as it seems the most likely thing to me considering the flavour.

RWarehall: In roleplaying terms (and roleplaying isn't something I really advise you do), you could think of it as familiarity vs. unknown intent.

By which I mean, even if you know that, let us say for argument's sake, myself and TwilightBard are Gorak. Now you know who we are, but that doesn't really mean anything. What is important is learning our intent, whether we're 'bad' or 'good' (in TwilightBard's case I'm going to say that he's definitely 'bad').

cmdr_flashheart: "Unless one of the races can do recruitment as well, that would have been sweet."

Don't speak too soon. I'm pretty sure that when we die, there's a possibility that we may become Elroi ghouls. Hooray for (I assume) being a Tree Stump.
RWarehall: That's fine. So basically, guess the short story explanation is all races look the same then for RP purposes. I can buy that. I've LARP'd before, so I'm trying to somewhat immerse myself in the setting..
Some advice, most of the flavor is just fluff, it's generally inadvisable to actually try to roleplay, as power roles tend to get exposed this way for no useful reason.

And to jump back to my comment on the vote wagon being interesting...you generally don't see 4 votes jump onto a player that early on for little to no reason...even if they jokingly pushed for it. Flubb's is easily a RVS vote, but the second, the third, the fourth...usually I'd be looking for more meat for a discussion, or a reason to push for a lynch. It just looks odd and makes me uneasy.
TwilightBard: ...........<snip>................

Flubb's is easily a RVS vote, but the second, the third, the fourth...usually I'd be looking for more meat for a discussion, or a reason to push for a lynch. It just looks odd and makes me uneasy.
The question was posed to the voters by the handsomest flubb in the room if I remember correctly....
Robbeasy: I didn't like Flubb picking on newbies earlier , for instance - it smacks to me of an 'experienced' Mafia player trying to get a newbie to slip up. But as was pointed out, there could be many reasons for Flubb picking those people. You have to make a case and hope to convince others.
How was he picking on newbies?
What do you think of this, then?

TwilightBard: Not asleep (Yet), but very much a case of Twilight hates RVS.

Ok, Looking at the 5foote wagon, interesting to see RWarehall and 01kipper jump on, especially kipper. IShoot comes onto interest as well considering the early bandwagon and his placement on it.

The race discussion I can't add to, I'd have to look things up to keep in it, so I can't really do much other then make assumptions, and I don't enjoy putting those out. My immediate thought is leaning towards, red herring, has no effect on composition of Mafia. But what the hell do I know?
@RWarehall; That's just how these games work. Everyone should ahve the same starting position so we can't know who looks how.
It's just for pure gameplay reasons and it is so in any game.
In my game I had Alf, Alien, E.T. and others and I offered no description of look as well. It would ruin the game and the task for us is to determine to ourselves.
I think it was established even before the game started that I look like quite the pretty princess. I am okay with that.

Also, Flub is pantless.

But more importantly, painting RSV and jokes as serious votes seems to me like a desperate attempt to get the lynch ball rolling. Do we really, seriously believe that 5foote/vitek would have been lynched for poor grammar or because he dared to be lynched?

There are 17 players here, and that means more than 4 votes are needed for majority lynch. And the voters would have convinced others based on accusations of poor grammar and daring to be lynched? That's weak, to say the least.

The only reason all of this was worth stating was to highlight just how desperate this diversion attempt or vote appealing attempt seems.

But the more important question is why the need to do this? If there's a cult leader who can convert people, then wouldn't it make sense to bide time quietly, and engage in diversion only when needed? Perplexing.

Maybe the cult leader only has 1 or 2 followers right now, and is in a weakened position. That would imply that some factions are clean, for the moment. But one shouldn't assume that it's theirs as far as private chat is concerned.

Also, I am confused about something here- the wiki mentioned something about Mafia suicide upon recruitment. Does Papa Cultist not know who is followers are, then? I am getting a "bad gateway" error on the link right now, but here it is for reference it's fixed,

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cult
Cults and recruiting is very sticky. It would be best to pay close attention yet not get caught up in the intrigue.
That's not funny at all, coming from the guy who initiated the intrigue.
flubbucket: The question was posed to the voters by the handsomest flubb in the room if I remember correctly....
It was also pointed at me (or I thought) when I was voted by kipper, so I answered it. I'm sorta gonna be playing catchup each night, work all week and no access to a computer while I'm there. So that happens.
cmdr_flashheart: That's not funny at all, coming from the guy who initiated the intrigue.
Your the one who claims to be a "reader."
(been babysitting granddaughter since Monday... little sleep... will read later.)
cmdr_flashheart: That's not funny at all, coming from the guy who initiated the intrigue.
flubbucket: Your the one who claims to be a "reader."
Lol. Anyone looking for context can check out post #58.

Linky-kins: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_forum_mafia_21_the_end_of_the_world/post58