It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What you missed was that TB knew the infiltrator was a Gorak, so it could not be me or 01kipper. I was surprised a little that TB didn't kill CSPVG with his power. When TB said that there was one, it had to be CS. The reason being is that if someone blocked him, the no-lynch Night 1 was proof he was scum, yet no one went after him at all. I was waiting to see who would nominate him to pin down the role blocker.

The mafia infiltrator just doesn't work. Let's imagine day 1 CS listed all the names. It's not a matter of belief. If you lynch any of them and they are scum, you have to keep going through his list right? Let's say you don't trust him and lynch him instead...when he is revealed as town, again, now you have to believe him and the first lynch proves his list is accurate.

In terms of balance, I'm not sure 6 mafia was that bad. Not with 4 people knowing they were all town; with an assassin with 2 kills and a mafia infiltrator who was actively messing up the proceedings. We got lucky killing the assassin first. And all the inactive townies shifted the rest of the balance away from town. The scenario (besides the mafia infiltrator) seemed balanced enough, I think 6 was the correct number. Maybe the assassin shouldn't have been it the target cop group though since that enhanced his chances of getting killed before he got to use his power.
About five years ago I played a large game based on NCIS. It was very Power Role heavy and had multiple scum factions as well as a serial killer.

One of the really odd facets of the game was a spy/lover team based on two of the characters (Jimmy in the morgue and his girlfriend Michelle). He was a mason and she was a mafia spy. There wasn't the full access to QTs and such like this game.

But the fact the two of them had their own QT made for some serious shenanigans which buffaloed both sides.

He was selling his side out and she was doing the same. Ah l'amour
Well thank you all for participating, and thank you Darko for salvaging it!

My apologies for the imbalance...This was my first game and I couldn't find anyone to look it over :/
A_Future_Pilot: Well thank you all for participating, and thank you Darko for salvaging it!

My apologies for the imbalance...This was my first game and I couldn't find anyone to look it over :/
No sweat. Like any game the main point is to have fun and I can say I had fun.

Now I'm quite the bohemian so I may not be the standard. But having such a varied game with infiltrated races and such was a treat. I realize balance might have been off or some such, but win or lose the game was fun.

I have so many ideas I just wish I had the testicular fortitude to host a game.

Oh well I like playing too much to let that happen....
flubbucket: Just finished reading the Zyrphan QT and really enjoyed it. Some of my favorite bits:
You should read what I wrote about you in the Terran thread on the Night I got killed. Let me just find and post here...

"flubbucket - I actually think he is town, and he has been extremely active. However, flubbucket being active is often like watching a deranged 7-year old with ADHD play with paint. I would like confirmation on his alignment just for my own sanity. :P"
Thanks to AFP for putting this together, and to the players for the fun. Sorry I was a butthead and had to swap out. I knew something was amok with Amok, but totally fell for the trap about Flub. So next game strategy, suspect and vote for everyone, that will cover all the bases!
Yeah - very interesting game and set up, especial well done to Darko for stepping in to take over what must have been a daunting task..;)

AFP - cracking setup, any balance can be screwed if one side get lucky early, and we (mafia) did. I thought the general flavour and premise was one of the best ever - for me, a close second to the Kitchen Appliance game. Nothing will ever beat that one...!

And - yay, a win again!
Krypsyn: You should read what I wrote about you in the Terran thread on the Night I got killed. Let me just find and post here...

"flubbucket - I actually think he is town, and he has been extremely active. However, flubbucket being active is often like watching a deranged 7-year old with ADHD play with paint. I would like confirmation on his alignment just for my own sanity. :P"
/blush
flubbucket: /blush
I didn't know all of what was going on in the Ghoul Thread at the time though. So, the voices in your head were excusable (this time). ;)
flubbucket: /blush
Krypsyn: I didn't know all of what was going on in the Ghoul Thread at the time though. So, the voices in your head were excusable (this time). ;)
If I had a dollar for every time I'm accused of being deranged....
flubbucket: If I had a dollar for every time I'm accused of being deranged....
Sanity is overrated. Worse, it is boring. Nobody would EVER accuse you of the latter. :)
Krypsyn: Sanity is overrated. Worse, it is boring. Nobody would EVER accuse you of the latter. :)
Many many agreements there.