It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not asleep (Yet), but very much a case of Twilight hates RVS.

Ok, Looking at the 5foote wagon, interesting to see RWarehall and 01kipper jump on, especially kipper. IShoot comes onto interest as well considering the early bandwagon and his placement on it.

The race discussion I can't add to, I'd have to look things up to keep in it, so I can't really do much other then make assumptions, and I don't enjoy putting those out. My immediate thought is leaning towards, red herring, has no effect on composition of Mafia. But what the hell do I know?
TwilightBard: Ok, Looking at the 5foote wagon, interesting to see RWarehall and 01kipper jump on, especially kipper. IShoot comes onto interest as well considering the early bandwagon and his placement on it.
Not sure why that's especially interesting? I mean we're still in the "Random Voting Stage" and 5foote had just made a post asking to be lynched right ahead of me (I think it was only a matter of minutes before I checked the thread), so why not? I could have always changed my vote later if I had wanted to.

unvote 5foote/Vitek

vote TwilightBard :P
Is it time to post my traditional scum list yet?
I assume that since the, let's call them, Corrupted are within our factions, they have a basic understanding of the proceedings. I mean, even if they not aware of certain aspects, they'll find out during tthe talks in faction chat. But people should still be careful there and not share all their feelings and stuff.
In the meantime, do we treat this as a normal mafia game and come to a decision about lynching all together (=majority)?
Also, keeping our race a secret might be pointless down the line. If we are all infiltrated, the Corrupted will learn what race everyone is (probably) during night 1.
Let's bring up this question :

Given the flavor of the OP and the PMs, who is assuming that we are facing a regular killing mafia, and who is assuming that we are facing recruiting cultists ?
amok: ............<snip>.............

- and I notice your reply did not answer my question. (or did I miss it?)
flubbucket: My apolosorrys, not on porpoise I assure you.

Regarding number of scum I will state my reaction was somewhat knee jerk due to having been in so many 12 player games here recently. I'm used to there being only three so when someone claims five I'm like whaaaa?!?!

Realistically though a 17 player game 25 to 33% of the base would be a 4 to 5 mafia team.
I guess. I read on the wiki that a normal game has 1/4 scum, is it normal to have 1/3? does it not make scum overpowered?

And for the record, I think you were the first to extrapolate that there are 5 scum in the game, the initial discussion was on the proportion of the races. I will let it slide for now, but I got my microwave tentacles on you.

Not sure I like the kippers vote jumping.
TwilightBard: Not asleep (Yet), but very much a case of Twilight hates RVS.

Ok, Looking at the 5foote wagon, interesting to see RWarehall and 01kipper jump on, especially kipper. IShoot comes onto interest as well considering the early bandwagon and his placement on it.

The race discussion I can't add to, I'd have to look things up to keep in it, so I can't really do much other then make assumptions, and I don't enjoy putting those out. My immediate thought is leaning towards, red herring, has no effect on composition of Mafia. But what the hell do I know?
Sounds good.

Vote TwilightBard.
Telika: Let's bring up this question :

Given the flavor of the OP and the PMs, who is assuming that we are facing a regular killing mafia, and who is assuming that we are facing recruiting cultists ?
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cult

hmm... that sounds interesting. Not sure I like the game play, though, does it not become a race to lynch the cult leader before a majority is recruited? It is way too overpowered for a normal game -

Quote the wiki " If the Cult is not exterminated within the first two game Days, they almost inevitably win. Thus, don't use these unless other people have told you you know what you are doing."

so I hope not....
amok: And for the record, I think you were the first to extrapolate that there are 5 scum in the game, the initial discussion was on the proportion of the races. I will let it slide for now, but I got my microwave tentacles on you.
Be careful how you twist other players posts. Let's just stick to the facts.

I would hate for something to come back and bite you in your scummy ass.
This must be a recruiting game; our really long Day phase makes sense now. I guess we should look at everyone who has stayed quiet so far.
cmdr_flashheart: This must be a recruiting game; our really long Day phase makes sense now. I guess we should look at everyone who has stayed quiet so far.
Long Day phase?
amok: And for the record, I think you were the first to extrapolate that there are 5 scum in the game, the initial discussion was on the proportion of the races. I will let it slide for now, but I got my microwave tentacles on you.
flubbucket: Be careful how you twist other players posts. Let's just stick to the facts.

I would hate for something to come back and bite you in your scummy ass.
hmm.. I dont mind if you are offering. It is spelt "s-c-a-l-y", by the way.
cmdr_flashheart: This must be a recruiting game; our really long Day phase makes sense now. I guess we should look at everyone who has stayed quiet so far.
Vitek: Long Day phase?
From the OP in the sign-up thread
A_Future_Pilot: The length of the phases will be the number of players currently in game (plus a couple extra when the number of players gets low).
So 17 players = 17 days (assuming that AFP finds replacements for dropouts).

Is that a normal phase length? I am not aware of Mafia SOP, so I might be wrong.
Vitek: Long Day phase?
cmdr_flashheart: From the OP in the sign-up thread
A_Future_Pilot: The length of the phases will be the number of players currently in game (plus a couple extra when the number of players gets low).
cmdr_flashheart: So 17 players = 17 days (assuming that AFP finds replacements for dropouts).

Is that a normal phase length? I am not aware of Mafia SOP, so I might be wrong.
Ha - 17 days is a mere trifling in the history of GOG Mafia games my good friend....
It is usually longer. We had Days lasting more than 1 month.
It was also supposed to be 14 days, do you remmeber, AFP messed the number of players?
Plus AFP wanted to do 7 days long Days and that's not long at all, it was actualy my suggestion in sign up thread to make them longer. :-)