It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just finished F.E.A.R. for the first time.

It has such a slow and boring start that I actually played through the 2nd one first some time ago. Now that I've played through it, it's pretty similar, though I like F.E.A.R.2 better overall.

That said, the terror elements are the worst part in both games, they're just silly. The combat is reasonably good, but suffers from poor enemy distribution. Also, both games screw up big time in the final part.
Already finished:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post566

WWE All Stars
Not really been followed wrestling in a decade or so. Cool thing with this game is that there lot's of old wrestlers from 80's. Very nice over the top action. Not too much content for singleplayer. Not interested in MP.

World of Goo
Finished this on Android (N7). It is as good as it is on other platforms. Only on one level my fingers seemed to be too thick for the screen/goo-balls. Forgot how amazing the music was. Still not beaten this on the PC. Only Android and Wii.
The only newer game I can think of is Dead Space 2, though I'm sure there are a few more. I haven't touched my consoles in so long I can't remember most the games I've played.

On PC, however, I just beat Alone in the Dark (for the nth time), Dark Forces, Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight & Mysteries of the Sith, and I'm working my way through Jedi Outcast (which I had previously beaten on the Xbox).

I also got through the first three Quest for Glory games again, though this time I used QFG2 VGA by AGDI/Himalaya Studios, and am still playing through IV.
I completed Shadowground today. It was meh. I can't say I enjoyed it. Story wasn't too good and storytelling was outright bad. "Talking heads" were stupid and my "hero" would probably kill himself if anyone would tell him to. All enemies looked quite generic and most weapons were uninteresting. O was glad it ended soon. Steam shows 3 hours but ti was at least six (I played at least 2 hours yesterday and it showed 2 minutes.) I should have first try it before I bought Shadowground Survivor.

It deserves 5 out of 10.

Full list.
Post edited August 23, 2012 by Vitek
Thx to a small fix, I was able to finish Star Wars: Jedi Knight today on my Win 7 rig. :) Worked like a charm. No graphics errors, no crashes, nothing.
I've been busy the last few days :P Short games though :) Blackwell games are really good though :) I wish GOG sold them separately, since I own the first three already :D

PC:
03.01.2012 - Puzzle Agent
06.01.2012 - Puzzle Agent 2
12.01.2012 - Psychonauts (steam version, though I also own gog version .... and retail :P and I finished the game for the FIRST time :) )
01.02.2012 - Dead Island
19.03.2012 - Tomb Raider Underworld
01.04.2012 - Limbo
24.04.2012 - Blackwell Legacy
07.07.2012 - Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
07.07.2012 - Runaway 3: A Twist of Fate
08.08.2012 - Legend of Grimrock
22.08.2012 - Blackwell Unbound
23.08.2012 - The Next Best Thing
24.08.2012 - Blackwell Convergence

PSP:
12.06.2012 - Assassin's Creed Bloodlines
24.06.2012 - Jak & Daxter Lost Frontier
kalmis666: World of Goo
Finished this on Android (N7). It is as good as it is on other platforms. Only on one level my fingers seemed to be too thick for the screen/goo-balls. Forgot how amazing the music was. Still not beaten this on the PC. Only Android and Wii.
Doesn't the Android version miss some levels from the PC version? At least it seems to me so, or then they are in different order?

Anyway, the touch-screen controls are quite good, so it runs good on Android. Mouse control on the PC version is more precise, though. I consider it too simple game to play on PC, though. It belongs to the same category for me as Tetris, Bejeweled and such.
jesusburton: Working on:
- Arcanum (first playthrough as a magick/sword wielding half-elf doge-melee master)
- Resonance
- Desperados - Wanted Dead of Alive
- Beneath a Steel Sky

Games finished this year:
- Sanitarium
Duuuuuuude, I loved playing Desperados as a kid. I'm going to see if I still have it!!

Also, I really need to get my act together and one day buy Resonance. And of course play through Beneath A Steel Sky which GOG has provided freely ;-)

Good luck with them all.

Darn, where can I buy me some extra time?
Post edited August 24, 2012 by dipsal
timppu: Doesn't the Android version miss some levels from the PC version? At least it seems to me so, or then they are in different order?

Anyway, the touch-screen controls are quite good, so it runs good on Android. Mouse control on the PC version is more precise, though. I consider it too simple game to play on PC, though. It belongs to the same category for me as Tetris, Bejeweled and such.
It's been a while since I played it first. And that was back on Wii. But based on the Play Store description:

This is the FULL award winning game, now on Android.
I agree with you on the casual part. Although it has maybe bit more depth because of the story.
Post edited August 24, 2012 by kalmis666
timppu: Doesn't the Android version miss some levels from the PC version? At least it seems to me so, or then they are in different order?
kalmis666: It's been a while since I played it first. And that was back on Wii. But based on the Play Store description:

This is the FULL award winning game, now on Android.
kalmis666:
Yeah, but I recall playing the Android version at the same time as the Windows version, and noticing that certain level or levels seemed to be missing in the Android version, skipping them. I presumed the developers must have felt those levels were too hard for touch-screen controls or something.

I'll have to check it again... but even if there might be some levels missing, the Android version is still quite good, well ported to touchscreen devices.
I just beat Ys Origin.
Overall, I found this to be a solid ARPG. Combat was fast paced and satisfying, and there were a good amount of enemy variety. The best parts of the game was the bosses, all of which felt well thought out, and were challenging without feeling cheap.
I beat Fallout: New Vegas twice so far, and not just by reloading an old save and choosing another ending.
I forgot to mention the following originally:
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Champions of Krynn

In addition to the previously mentioned:
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
Quest for Glory: So You Want To Be A Hero? (VGA)
Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire (VGA)
Quest for Glory III: Wages of War
Dead Space 2
Finished World of Goo. Quite nice, but the ending was rather anticlimatic.

Also got the platinum trophy in Hyperdimension Neptunia, which required me to go back through like 95% of the main story again on NG+. Platinum wasn't hard, just kind of time consuming. Game was pretty bad/mediocre but relatively inoffensive as far as Idea Factory games go.

Dark Lord
Super Robot Wars OG2
Ys 4: Mask of the Sun
Castlevania
Final Fantasy 4 Interlude
Duke Nukem 3d
Jamestown
Blocks That Matter
Final Fantasy 13 (Platinum)
Fragile Dreams
Fallout 1
Breath of Death 7
Hyperdimension Neptunia (Platinum)
Solatorobo
Tales of Graces f
Sands of Destruction
Batman Arkham City
New Super Mario Brothers Wii
Final Fantasy 3 DS
Alpha Protocol
Final Fantasy 13-2
Rune Factory 3
Pikmin
Dragon Age Origins
Halo 3
Phantasy Star 3
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
Little Big Planet (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank Future 2: A Crack In Time (Challenge Mode/Hard Mode/Platinum)
Xenoblade
Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery
Persona 3 Portable (mshe)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Metroid Other M
World of Goo
08-24-12 To The Moon (GOG)

Games finished in 2012