It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rayman Origins
Fallout
Fallout 2
Legend of Grimrock
Rock of Ages
From Dust
Orcs Must Die!
Adding Project Freedom to the list. I'll just copy my comment

Lack of funding gets quite obvious at some points. For. near the end of the game, when you get your ship upgraded, highest danger comes from collisions not enemy guns. Cinematic is quite short and mostly reused renders from the game. I had ~5 hours of fun, save for the one mission I retried 10 times, even though maps are smaller than they should be, and game is bit linear, for 0.7E, it delivers extreme amount of bang for buck.
Already finished:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post566

3 shorter games from this weekend
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Played through the first one while back. Had to finish this as well. And it was OK. Funny at times, but the art-style is just ugly. First one was maybe better since the puzzles were not so obscure.

Unstoppable Gorg
I generally hate tower defense games. Just wanted to give this a shot and see how far I could get. Ended up playing through all the 21 levels. The cut-scenes here are just amazing.

The Shivah
Quite a few Wadeye on my list recently. Here is one more. Quite short and bleak little story. Nice to see the "cross-over" stuff with Blackwell games.
Avernum: Escape from the pit
Avernum: Escape from the Pit is a remake of the first Avernum, which in turn is a remake of the first Exile game (Exile: Escape from the pit). As I have no experience with the first Avernum game, and very limited experience with the first Exile game (played a demo for it way back), I can't comment on how different it is.

Graphics
The graphics in Avernum: Escape from the Pit is functional, but not exactly good. There are some still images shown during loading screens and certain events in the game that looks beautiful, but apart from that, the graphics in Avernum is nothing to write home about. Had it not been for its high resolution, one might have mistaken it for a late 90's game.
That being said, it is often quite easy to see what things are supposed to be, and it does not suffer form any real clutter, so spotting important things on the ground & walls is easy enough. The spell effects are distinct and it is easy to tell exactly what is happening during combat.

Sound
The sound design is probably Avernum's weakest part. There are relatively few sound effects in the game, and while none of them are actually bad, they are repeated far too often. Hearing the same sound repeated over and over while in a major city does get a bit annoying , in particular as it is not generic enough, so it stands out each time it is used.

Gameplay
The gameplay department is where Avernum really shines. The game is seen from an isometric perspective and combat is turn & grid-based. There is a fare amount of tactics involved in how you position your characters, in order to block enemies from rushing your weaker characters, preventing them from hitting too many characters with AoE abilities and making sure that your own AoE abilities hit as many enemies as possible.
The game keeps on introducing new abilities & spells as the game goes along, which keeps combat feeling fresh. It never actually invalidates any of the old abilities either, apart from early summoning spells, and near the endgame, I was using almost all my spells.
Leveling up characters is a joy. While each individual level has a relatively small impact on your character's overall strength, you are given a lot of freedom in exactly how you want to develop your characters. As there are no classes, you can make a frontline fighter mage if you want to. The game still rewards you for specializing, to a degree, but if you feel that you need a backup healer, you can turn one of your other characters into that.

Story & Writing
While the overall story was not amazing, it worked quite well. You are a bunch of prisoners, who are thrown down into a huge underground cavern, where they throw down prisoners & people they want to get rid of. This is a dangerous region, filled with monsters and other nasties, and you want to find your way out, and get vengeance on the people who did this to you.
The writing on the other hand is well done. There is a lot of text to read in this game, and you want to read it, to find out what is going on, what people think, and so on.

overall
This is a lengthy game, steam says that I spent 44h on this game, and while this involves a bit of idling time (I left the game on while doing other things), expect to spend at least 35h in order to see the actual end of this game. And the game remained fun & interesting all the way through. Consider this game highly recommended.
Limbo
Soldier of Fortune: Payback
And Mario Kart 7 will be my first 3DS game finished in 2012 ! Finally managed to get gold in all the championships, including the mirror mode. Okay, I still miss one part or two in the kart parts' screen, but who cares...

What to say? It's a Mario Kart. You can't go wrong with buying a Mario Kart and this episode doesn't break the rule. The only downside is that bloody blue shell, whichs ruins virtaully any attemp to win purely with your driving skills. In that, all the Mario Kart episodes without the blue shell will always be superior to the ones with, but that doesn't make Mario Kart 7 a bad game, far from it.

The 3D ? Not bad at all, even quite good, but if you don't use it, you don't miss much... which seems to be the norm for almost every3DS game released so far...

My full list so far : http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post15
Alien Hallway: A short and pretty repetitive strategy-ish game, where you send waves after waves of your soldiers to battle waves after waves of aliens. There is not much to say about it, fun for a short while, but nothing special.
Finished Just Cause. Took 7 hours, according to in-game statistics (not counting game time before a reload, etc.). I got tired of liberating settlements very quickly, so went straight to the main campaign. Overall, entertaining, though it took much less time of my life than it could have. Pretty, too, even after I've seen the sequel (which I'll leave to my next pc).

Also got gifted MW3 and finished it again, but I won't count twice.

Games finished so far:
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Darwinia, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Shadowgrounds, Braid, And Yet it Moves, Modern Warfare 2, Shank, Dead Space, Kane & Lynch 2, Modern Warfare 3, Rogue Trooper, Depths of Peril, Portal 1 and 2, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2 (PC versions), LIMBO, Diablo III, Just Cause.
Lately, I finished Peggles Nights and Bejeweled 2 Deluxe. Not much to say about them except that Peggles Nights was quite fun for a casual game.
Torchlight Just beat the game as the Alchemist character. It was a really satisfying game to play, it really made you feel like a powerful hero, mowing through hordes of enemies. It might not have been the most intellectually engaging game ever, but it was fun!
Replayed:

Doom 3 (with the Perfected Doom 3 Mod; nice new features, but it makes the game a pretty frustrating experience, since the Marine can't really take much damage anymore and many enemies have one-hit-kill attacks now. Also: invisible Imps! Hate those guys!)
Doom 3 - Resurrection of Evil (no mods)
Hip hip hooray! I finished Baldur's Gate Shadows of Amn for the first time. It won't be the last time though, I replay it a lot. I've already got 4 other parties in different phases of the game.
Finished Max Payne 3 on PC just a week ago. Really loved it! Voice acting and the cinematic presentation was perfect for me! Some may feel that the storyline is not that special but I felt that the grimy and self-pitying Max was very much at home there.

And you gotta love that "GODDAMMIT!" delivery, comes right from the bottom of the voice actors heart!
Post edited July 19, 2012 by sehngeer
Im playing through 2 games currently, 1 of which i finished.

I vow to complete planescape torment as i never finished it and I'm actually getting far this time. Not a lot of combat though. The other game avadon, is a lot of fun, moreso then other games made by spiderweb. This is the 2nd time playing through it and the story is awesome!

Im really nearing the end of the barrel with rpgs.
07-19-12 The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (Steam)

Games finished in 2012