It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Zeno Clash finished. It was just over 2½h, and rather entertaining, though I feel that had it been any longer it would have started to overstay its welcome.
Just finished Portal. Only the adventure mode, not the bonus and challenge maps, for which I don't really have any interest.

The adventure game was indeed great, starting like a simple puzzle game and evolving towards something far, far disturbing and darker... and at the same time hilarious on so many aspects!

So now I know why everybody thinks the Portal series are great. I do agree for Portal, now I will have to try and beat Portal 2 ! ;)

So far in 2012 :

Trine
Syberia
Katawa Shoujo – Emi
Bastion
Portal

The link to my first post : http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post15
Post edited February 16, 2012 by xa_chan
Dead Space
Tron Evolution

------------ since then

Dead Space 2
Venetica
I changed my mind and started (and finished) Soulcaster II. I lasted a bit longer (almost 3h) than the first one and I found it more difficult. There some more variety than in the first one also.
Post edited February 17, 2012 by sebarnolds
sebarnolds: I changed my mind and started (and finished) Soulcaster II. I lasted a bit longer (almost 3h) than the first one and I found it more difficult. There some more variety than in the first one also.
And the maps were also better balanced in general. I found myself never really using the archer in the first game, but in the second game all characters were useful on most maps.
Finished all the episodes of Duke Nukem 3d, plus Jamestown and Blocks That Matter.
Finished:
BioShock
BioShock 2
The Darkness 2
I finished Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers yesterday. : )
number 28 here
you can add to the list
Mirror's Edge
F.E.A.R. 3
Dead Space
Dead Space 2

=)
sebarnolds: I changed my mind and started (and finished) Soulcaster II. I lasted a bit longer (almost 3h) than the first one and I found it more difficult. There some more variety than in the first one also.
AFnord: And the maps were also better balanced in general. I found myself never really using the archer in the first game, but in the second game all characters were useful on most maps.
Funny as it was quite the contrary for me. I found the maps of the second one to be smaller and never really used the archer :-)
New games completed from me this week:
Metal Gear Solid 2 and Outland
Full list:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post89

3. KKND Extreme (1997) (PC, 18.2.2012, 8/10)

Finally finished both base campaigns, and the "extreme" extra missions. About time! Overall, this may be the hardest RTS game I've played to date. Not all missions were that hard, but some of them were real killers. The last extreme mission, "Hand of God", made me feel quite frustrated, the enemy just kept coming and coming.

But then there was a divine intervention, ie. my Win7 laptop crashed while I was playing the mission. The crash corrupted all my KKND save games, so I had to restart the mission. Lo and behold, this time I won the mission, by going into a frantic zerg rush mode from the very beginning, instead of the basic "get your defences up, build a counter-attack party, and destroy the enemy", which simply would not work on this mission. Maybe there was also a bit of lucky timing too, ie. my ally base kept the two main enemy attack forces busy elsewhere just as I was wreaking havoc in the enemy bases. That's a mission to remember and tell my grandchildren about.

While KKND (Extreme) is a basic (but hard) C&C clone, it gets extra points for the rather funny (in a Monty Pythonisque way) mission briefings. Here's one example from the extreme mission "Infiltrator" (sorry for the caps, copy&pasted the text from a walkthrough):

"THE ENEMY KNOW WE'RE HERE, AND THEY'RE GOING TO EXPECT A BIG CRUSHING ATTACK WHICH COULD EASILY WIPE THEM OFF THIS PART OF OUR WORLD. BUT WE'RE NOT GOING TO PLAY THEIR LITTLE GAME. WE'RE GOING TO SEND ONE SINGLE SNIPER WITH ONE GUN AND NO ARMOUR TO CLEAR THE WHOLE DAMN AREA. THAT'LL SHOW 'EM."

A tip to GOG: KKND Extreme (Windows) seems to work fine on Win7 64bit, albeit with the "funky colors" problem that many older windows games have, but that's easy to fix. The original KKND (without extreme missions) was a DOS game, so it probably works even better due to DOSBox.

On to KKND 2...
Post edited February 18, 2012 by timppu
06/01/2012: Magic: the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
09/01/2012: Portal 2
17/01/2012: Bloodrayne
18/01/2012: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
27/01/2012: Space Rangers
28/01/2012: Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
15/02/2012: Fortix 2
18/02/2012: Alpha Protocol Excellent games, even if the choices it has are just illusion. Small differences in the outcomes depending on your choices, but that means that you can play as you like and not worry too much about missing stuff. Finished it as recruit, and I do agree that pistols are overpowered. May replay it as a veteran at a later date, well worth the 2 euros I paid for it back in September.
Just finished Mass Effect, I wasn't expecting that it'd be so nice but it (especially the ending) was simply great. Bioware sure does know how to make RPG's, even if it's the age of consoles.
Post edited February 18, 2012 by grynn
grynn: Just finished Mass Effect, I wasn't expecting that it'd be so nice but it (especially the ending) was simply great. Bioware sure does know how to make RPG's, even if it's the age of consoles.
Wait until you play Dragon age 2 before you make such comments. That was one lackluster game (it was not horrible, but it was not very good either, and it left no lasting impression on me).