It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Was thinking of playing at a higher difficulty setting. Was at experienced before. But maybe playing at experienced with 1.13 will be better....
nurgog: Finished: Jagged Alliance 2 - Vanilla
JMich: Assuming you enjoyed JA2 (and you did, didn't you?), be sure to check out 1.13
If you have any questions about 1.13, send me a pm and I'll do my best to answer you.
I have finished a few more games:

Metro 2033
Sanctum
Sanctum: X-Mas Carnage
World of Goo
Just finished the main quest of Skyrim after 80 hours. I'll probably play another 80 hours for the remaining quests though.
Couple of new completed games for me:
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Stacking and Dead Space Extraction

Luckily that Dark Messiah game wasn't too long. It is not as bad as the reviews say. Just very generic.
Been on a bit of a Sierra binge among other things:

Yume Nikki - perhaps the most emotionally draining and disturbing game I've played yet; it hits you most long after you're done playing it and have time to reflect on its content and possible meanings, none of which are pleasant. Incredible and haunting music! Quite a feat for a game that looks, if not exactly plays like a 16-bit RPG (with sections derived from 8-bit games) and with no dialogue or clearly defined context whatsoever! Oh yeah, and Uboa did live up to the hype, yikes!

.flow - YM's fanmade follow-up. A bit too derivative of YM in places and for all its rusty and blood-splattered decor lacks the subtle yet more hard-hitting punch of its spiritual predecessor, nor is as memorable overall. Still good though, the Smile school is definitely the stuff of nightmares!

Infamous Adventure's Space Quest II remake - a good, lighthearted (well Roger's various gory death scenes do flirt with the blackly comic) and fun chaser after the depressing previous two games. This was the patched version, which still has some kinks to be ironed out but still very much playable, and great job overall, esp. the music. Other highlights: the narrator, who reminds me of Carl Sagan for some reason (makes it funnier thinking he's the one making the smartass remarks toward your endeavors and failures) and the infamous easter egg, which I managed to figure out and access using only the forum clues! I'm so proud of myself.

SQ1 VGA edition - had to go and check this one out after playing through all of the second game, and it's as awesomely funny as expected. One of the few games where playing it intentionally wrong just to see what happens is as fun as actually playing to beat it. That skimmer sequence though, ugh (I KNOW I could have skipped it in this version but I was gonna man this one out, dammit!)

Quest for Glory I-IV, VGA remakes of the first two and CD-ROM version of the foutth - so far the highlights of my 2012 gaming experiences. Even the often considered, and not wrongly so, weak link, QfGIII, really adds to the overall saga and I cannot imagine the series without it. Being able to import your character across every entry in the series is an inspired touch and makes you feel all the more involved in the overarching adventure and the characters you meet.

And now that I FINALLY got the fifth game running on my computer after hassling with it for nearly an entire day I plan on completing this saga once and for all!
Post edited February 13, 2012 by cannard
I just finished Alpha Protocol, i forgot i bought this game if Direct2Drive didn't go out of business xD.
Very nice and amazing game; at 2nd playthrough; the veteran character make this game so easy at normal difficulty. Any boss can't survive with 6 headshot from max pistol skill and 6 headshot again with Technical max (Brilliance skill) xD.
Playing Bioshock 1 right now
List updated as of 13 March 2012 AD

Go check your listing to see whether i messed something up.
A quick correction: I finished Final Fantasy 4 Interlude, which is a short 3-4 hour episode with the original cast set between FF4 and its episodic sequel The After Years. It was added as a new extra for the FF4 Complete Collection for the PSP that compiles the GBA version of FF4 (which let you switch characters at the final dungeon and had some bonus dungeons with equipment upgrades for them) and all the episodes of the After Years. I'm counting it as a separate game since unlike the After Years episodes (well, I'm assuming since I haven't started them yet), Interlude has a separate title screen and extras.

Speaking of episodes, I also finished episode 2 of Duke 3d. Only two more episodes left before I can count it as finished. :)
Metal Gear Solid: A true masterpiece. Probably the best game for PSone after Final Fantasy VII. Fantastic plot, incredible ending... I wish I had played Metal Gear 1-2 before this one.

2009:

Grand Theft Auto IV, C&C3: Tiberium Wars, C&C3: Kane's Wrath, Fallout 1, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, Beneath A Steel Sky

Best game finished in 2009:Fallout
Worst game finished in 2009: C&C3: Kane's Wrath

2010:

Final Fantasy VII, Dead Space, Unreal, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky, Secret of Monkey Island: SE, Jagged Alliance 2, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Assassin's Creed

Best game finished in 2010: Final Fantasy VII
Worst game finished in 2010: Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty

2011:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed 2 GotY, Plants vs. Zombies, Neverwinter Nights, Resistance 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Duke Nukem 3D, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Left 4 Dead (Advanced), Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Best game finished in 2011: Bioshock
Worst game finished in 2011: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

2012:

Batman: Arkham Asylum, Demon's Souls, Metal Gear Solid

Best game finished in 2012: Demon's Souls
Worst game finished in 2012: Batman: Arkham Asylum
Soulcaster 1-2 finished. The first game took me a little bit under 1h, the second one took me ~1½h to finish. They were quite fun though, well worth playing for anyone who wants to play something slightly different (they felt a bit like a mix between Gauntlet and a tower defense game)
Post edited February 14, 2012 by AFnord
Just finished Bastion. A very nice little game. Some people complain on the lenght of some games, during my first playthrough I found that Bastion was perfect in that aspect : roughly around 7 hours, it was enough to keept me hooked throughout the game and not long enough to bore me.

The story is nice, but why, oh why the creators of the game didn't allow any other controller than the xBox one ? I don't have one, so I had to play with mouse+kb combo. While it remains entirely playable, it was kind of frustrating in some parts of the game, where you had to be precise about your moves. Oh, well... didn't take too much of the pleasure out of this game, happily!

So far in 2012 :
Trine
Syberia
Katawa Shoujo – Emi
Bastion

The link to my first post : http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post15
You can add Soulcaster to my list of games finished in 2012. It was fun while it lasted (1h30). If it were to last longer it would have been a bit too repetitive. I'll wait a bit before running Soulcaster II.
06/01/2012: Magic: the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
09/01/2012: Portal 2
17/01/2012: Bloodrayne
18/01/2012: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
27/01/2012: Space Rangers
28/01/2012: Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
15/02/2012: Fortix 2 Took me about 5 hours to get "Flawless", will be trying to get "Impossible is Nothing" now. Fun little game that I did enjoy tremendously.
1. Assassin's Creed II + Both DLC Sequences- Xbox 360; 1/4/2012 9/10
2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: The DaVinci Disappearance- PS3; 1/5/2012 9.5/10
3. Assassin's Creed Revelations- PS3; 1/11/2012 9/10
4. Mario Kart 7- 3DS; 1/13/2012 8/10
5. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (Platinum Trophied)- PS3; 1/18/2012 9/10
6. Uncharted II- PS3; 1/29/2012 8/10
6. Super Mario Bros.- 3DS; 2/15/2012 6/10 (This is the 1st Ambassador game that I actually beat. I had the game on SNES in Mario All Stars as a kid *& still do* & enjoyed it to an extent then... the game just doesn't hold up well today in my opinion. If course that could be due to the fact that I beat the game in a matter of minutes due to using the Warps to world 4 & 8)
Post edited February 15, 2012 by Roberttitus