It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Armed and Dangerous
I'm finally going to beat Persona 4 this year...2 more dungeons to go and it's going fairly smoothly.
9 Months In - small adventure game from the AGS Bake sale.

Got both endings. Overall a pretty good game, but has some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard.
List updated as of 29 January. Any mistakes problems etc. just please say so and i try to correct them ASAP
lukaszthegreat: List updated as of 29 January. Any mistakes problems etc. just please say so and i try to correct them ASAP
Alright here is a link to my updated list.
lukaszthegreat: haha. really? didn't know that. was it fun?
so i guess I can put Minecraft on the list.
Eh, it's really one of the weaker aspects of the game, and feels very much like it was crammed in there due to them not coming up with anything better. It was also very easy, but due to the very simplistic combat in Minecraft I guess striking the right balance is difficult.

Without spoiling (much of) anything:
The final boss fight takes place on a small floating continent in a dimension separate from the main world - much like how the Nether is separate as well. Unfortunate in my spawn point, I spawned on a tiny island away from the main continent, meaning I had to build a bridge to get over there. While building said bridge I was knocked down (and died) three or four times. Those were the only times I died, or indeed got damaged at all, during the fight.

As an aside, it puzzles me a bit how few GOGs show up in these lists.
Zchinque: As an aside, it puzzles me a bit how few GOGs show up in these lists.
yep. been that since beginning. they do show up but predominately new games always take the top spot.
I finished Castlevania for the first time last week. Was surprised at how much better I was at it than when I was a kid.
Roberttitus: 1. Assassin's Creed II + Both DLC Sequences- Xbox 360; 1/4/2012 9/10
2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: The DaVinci Disappearance- PS3; 1/5/2012 9.5/10
3. Assassin's Creed Revelations- PS3; 1/11/2012 9/10
Out of curiosity, as a fellow AC fan, didn't you find Revelations rather lacking? I mean, it was still a good game (as the core gameplay is just brilliant), but I found it less enjoyable than the other ACs (with AC II probably being the best).
Post edited January 29, 2012 by SimonG
Somewhat productive weekend on this front. Games I've completed since last update:
Yakuza, Cogs, The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter, Dead Space.

Dang that Dead Space was amazing, should have played it long time ago.
Finished Dark Messiah of Might & Magic.

Very nice gameplay, and the story has some nice concepts. Too bad it seems to have been written by an insecure 12-year-old.

Games finished so far:
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Darwinia, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic.
Post edited January 30, 2012 by Dragobr
Roberttitus: 1. Assassin's Creed II + Both DLC Sequences- Xbox 360; 1/4/2012 9/10
2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: The DaVinci Disappearance- PS3; 1/5/2012 9.5/10
3. Assassin's Creed Revelations- PS3; 1/11/2012 9/10
SimonG: Out of curiosity, as a fellow AC fan, didn't you find Revelations rather lacking? I mean, it was still a good game (as the core gameplay is just brilliant), but I found it less enjoyable than the other ACs (with AC II probably being the best).
I stated in my mini review after beating it that I didn't think it was as good. I thought the story was forgettable (minus the Altair segments... which were all stellar & the ending with Altair & Ezio) but at the same time I felt it was the best game in the series as far as mechanics go which is what helped raise my overall score of it. In truth, I felt they should have focused more on the optional master assassin missions where you are training your assassins & built the story around Ezio passing on his knowledge instead of the shitty love story that they attempted to tell... I get it... Ezio needed to have a child for there to be a Desmond. I just think that there could have been a better way to go about it... like he could have got with Catarina before the game started & had a child with her or something of the sort. I would say that if you didn't do the MA missions then the game would most likely be just disappointing as far as the story & length would go.
Post edited January 30, 2012 by Roberttitus
Finished Iji and it was a great gaming experience. It is a freeware game but it is perfect : good gameplay, level design, story, engaging music, good replay value...

I have quite a backlog but I will definitely go back to it to try a more pacifict way of playing the game.
Ralackk: Armed and Dangerous
Would you care to explain a bit your experience ? Was it a good game ? What other games could it relate to ?

Thank you.
Post edited January 30, 2012 by sebarnolds
Ralackk: Armed and Dangerous
sebarnolds: Would you care to explain a bit your experience ? Was it a good game ? What other games could it relate to ?

Thank you.
It was ok for a mindless run and gun 3rd person shooter, though I couldn't play it for more then an hour or so at a time. Made by the same developers as citizen kabuto on gog so humor is pretty similar to that. Can't say I'd recommend it unless your a fan of the genre.
sebarnolds: Would you care to explain a bit your experience ? Was it a good game ? What other games could it relate to ?

Thank you.
Ralackk: It was ok for a mindless run and gun 3rd person shooter, though I couldn't play it for more then an hour or so at a time. Made by the same developers as citizen kabuto on gog so humor is pretty similar to that. Can't say I'd recommend it unless your a fan of the genre.
"You are now ... FRENCH!"