It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nightfall Mysteries - Asylum Conspiracy
Another shortie: Blackwell unbound.
I liked the first Blackwell game, it had some minor flaws, but was overall a really enjoyable game. Unbound fixes most of these issues (apart from the fact that it was too short. I want more! (Oh wait, I have the next part in the series as well!)), and it was an awesome little adventure game.
AFnord: Another shortie: Blackwell unbound.
I liked the first Blackwell game, it had some minor flaws, but was overall a really enjoyable game. Unbound fixes most of these issues (apart from the fact that it was too short. I want more! (Oh wait, I have the next part in the series as well!)), and it was an awesome little adventure game.
FYI Convergence is also short - took me 3 hours like Legacy, more than the 2 hours of Unbound.

The 4th game, Deception, if you decide to get it (25% off right now) , is longer: 5-6 hours, and the ending hints of EPIC things to come in the next installment - whenever that one shows up. The character sprites, unfortunately, are worse than before (Rosa looks just plain bad IMO) but the music is incredible.
Post edited January 19, 2012 by kalirion
AFnord: Another shortie: Blackwell unbound.
kalirion: FYI Convergence is also short - took me 3 hours like Legacy, more than the 2 hours of Unbound.

The 4th game, Deception, if you decide to get it (25% off right now) , is longer: 5-6 hours, and the ending hints of EPIC things to come in the next installment - whenever that one shows up. The character sprites, unfortunately, are worse than before (Rosa looks just plain bad IMO) but the music is incredible.
That does sound very promising! I was a bit unsure if I should pay 7€ for the game or wait for a sale, considering how short the previous games were, but for a ~5-6h game, 7€ is not all that bad. I wonder why they felt the need to "update" the sprites though, I agree with you regarding the way they look, the previous games just looked better.
CaptainGyro: Blackwell Legacy kind of
I have a guilty conscience so I have to admit I cheated I didn't actually finish the game, I stopped playing when I was over two hours in and I looked up the last half hour on youtube. Does that count as finishing the game? Normally I wouldn't count it, but I consider this more of an extra bonus game from an indie pack. It''s not like it was something I was planning on spending some serious time with. I'm just trying to clear some of this "extra bonus" stuff out of my backlog, so i'm hurrying through some of it. I'm finished playing it and I've seen the whole game to the finish so as far as I'm concerned it is finished.
kalirion: Dude, it's an awesome game, you really should've finished it youself. The Blackwell trilogy was the highlight of that Indie Royale bundle for me - the other games were the bonus I may never get to.
I still have the rest of the trilogy to play. And yeah I consider the Blackwell packs the highlight of the bundle, I just considered that whole indie pack an "extra bonus pack". I bought it mostly just to give indie gamers some money.
Anyways, I'm not going to cheat for the rest of the Blackwell games. This is going to sound stupid( I don't even understand the reasoning myself ), but I was feeling pressured by my backlog to finish something that night. I picked that game because it was supposed to be really short.. Then I got stuck and I was getting tired, so I checked a youtube to see only the solution, and then I just thought " Ehh I might as well just watch the rest and go to bed"
Braid.

Couldn't even finish the last level because it reminds me of recent experience that I went through.

Outstanding game. :)
Just finished:
Earthworm Jim 2

Updated list
Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods.

Finished it on Going Rogue w/ Permadeath using an experimental "all-melee" build. It took quite a few tries, but I'm still surprised it worked.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4232/dreadmorweaponmaster.jpg
Outland.

Boy, that was a difficult game in parts. It even had an unforgiving final boss that took 8-10 minutes to beat. If you died at the final segment (which I did, twice) you had to restart the encounter from square one.

Full List Here
Finished Ys 4: Mask of the Sun.

Level design was pretty terrible, particularly the final dungeon which was linear but was a pain to navigate because each section had like 4 doors and only one actually lead to the next room while the other three immediately dead end or loop back upon each other.

I kind of hope Ys 4: Dawn of Ys is better, but it doesn't matter since it seems to be a pain to get working meh.

And then there's the upcoming Ys 4: Celceta - Sea of Trees.

It's amazing how many different versions of the same story exist and yet it's taken what 20 years for them to release a version that's actually canon. :p
I just finished Alice: Madness Returns. I didn't get every item so I may play it again to get 100% (I'm at 91% ATM).
It's a good game in spite of what its reviews say. Too bad it has some glitches but they barely affected my entertainment. Overall I highly recommend it if you like games with interesting art style.
Just started and finished Area 51, a Midway 2005 release that is/was freeware on the web. Not an amazing game, but it was a fun diversion that didn't take too much time to beat. The story was interesting, though not amazingly original. A game good enough for only one playthrough at most.

So far in 2012:
Area 51 - 1/21
Just Cause 2 - 1/14
Cave Story - 1/15
Just finished Portal, was quite nice and Settlers 2.

Next will hopefully be Runaway 3, if I have enough time^^
Scratches: Director's Cut finished! It is a darn good adventure game, highly recommended to anyone who like the genre.

Current list
Post edited January 22, 2012 by AFnord
wodmarach: Assassins creed all of it basicly takes about 18 hours a game -.- AC1 is still my least liked of the series
So that's ac1and2 and bloodlines and revelations yes?

list updated as of 22 January. Any mistakes omissions and stuff like that I will correct as soon as possible if you tell me. so go and check your entry on the first page :)

small question: how long is geminie rue? Cause I see blackwell games are quite short.
Post edited January 22, 2012 by lukaszthegreat