It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Painkiller Black Edition

Nice maps and music. Great for those who like shooters with hordes of enemies, although it's not my favourite genre.
Alan Wake
Alan Wake: American Nightmare
Assassin's Creed 1
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Blackwell Bundle
Botanicula
Deponia
Fallout 1
Half-Life 2 + Episodes 1 and 2

Lucius
Mass Effect 3 (soul-crushing; I wish I never played it)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

ME3 definitely overshadows everything else this year. It was the most anticipated game in my personal gaming history (I'd avoided spoilers, so I wasn't a victim of PR hype) and it turned out to be a train wreck. AC was probably the biggest (positive) surprise. After bearing with AC1, the series became better and actually fun to play. The crazy main storyline is hardly the focal point, though. And I'm happy that Remedy ditched horror aspects in AW:AN. I really like their Max Payne 1 & 2 but I dislike survival/horror games.
Other titles were entertaining but nothing special.

On-going: Bard's Tale (Android), Baldur's Gate 1, Bastion, Limbo, The Whispered World, Metro 2033, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. The last three are remains from the last year.
Post edited December 15, 2012 by Mivas
I completed Kingdom Rush. It is browser flash tower defense game. I completed every challenge available for free. There are some new maps available as premium content and although I liked the game, I don't think I'll buy it. (Too much money spent on Project Eternity)
The game is nicely done, with nice graphics, enemies are quite variable, towers interesting with good upgrades and maps are variable and sometimes quite challenging, although difficulty is a bit unbalanced and some starting maps were harder than the later ones. Upgrade system is nicely done and forces to obtain as much stars as possible.

I liked the game (I like TD games) and for it's price it provided a lot of fun and deserves 8.5/10.

Full list
World of Goo Although on droid. It still counts right?

I really, really loved this game. Storytelling was quite nice and non-intrusive, also that !minor spoiler email thing was awesome /end spoiler. Puzzles weren't really that hard, and I got stuck only 2 or 3 times, with endless restarts in last chapter, even though I had general idea what did I have to do. I blame my small 3.5 inch screen for that :P. I didn't really bother making that tower high into the sky, as I don't find it interesting but other than that - if you didn't play it, you absolutely should!

Now, if anyone stayed with me for this long, what games should I get to play on my Andorid phone. As school has started I'm spending most of my time outside/in school, and I get quite bored at times, but I don't see myself playing any of those zynga-like casual games.
So any recommendation for nice games is looked forward to.
FInished Divine Divinity a week or two back.

Was pretty solid overall. but the combat wasn't terribly interesting and there was too much of it at times. Also, it was a poor idea to have excruciatingly long dungeons at the beginning and end of the game. I imagine quite a few people who play it gave up before getting through the first dungeon and to the point where it opens up.

(edit: since it hasn't been too long since I posted this I thought I'd just edit it instead of making a new post)

Finished Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light yesterday. It was decent, but felt like it was caught between trying to appeal to old school fans and be a new generation Mystic Quest, trying to attract those who don't normally play RPGs with charming graphics and simpler gameplay. It tries to keep things like stats and skills simplistic while still requiring some basic strategy with the regenerating AP and commands that may take some or all your MP, things like element and status resistance being a big deal, limited carrying space, and the class system. But at the same time it can be a bit vague where you're supposed to go next and the party is split up for about 2/3rds of the game which makes status effects really nasty. Then after everyone regroups the dificulty plummets and there's a lot less enemy variety, while bosses get a lot harder/more involved. And it requires a lot of grinding to fill out crowns and equipment.

Dark Lord
Super Robot Wars OG2
Ys 4: Mask of the Sun
Castlevania
Final Fantasy 4 Interlude
Duke Nukem 3d
Jamestown
Blocks That Matter
Final Fantasy 13 (Platinum)
Fragile Dreams
Fallout 1
Breath of Death 7
Hyperdimension Neptunia (Platinum)
Solatorobo
Tales of Graces f
Sands of Destruction
Batman Arkham City
New Super Mario Brothers Wii
Final Fantasy 3 DS
Alpha Protocol
Final Fantasy 13-2
Rune Factory 3
Pikmin
Dragon Age Origins
Halo 3
Phantasy Star 3
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
Little Big Planet (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank Future 2: A Crack In Time (Challenge Mode/Hard Mode/Platinum)
Xenoblade
Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery
Persona 3 Portable (mshe)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Metroid Other M
World of Goo
The Last Story
Divine Divinity
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light
Post edited September 24, 2012 by mrcrispy83
I finished the SP Campaign of Battlefield 3 (PC) today.

Added it to my list for 2012:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post796
Just finished Sol: Exodus (Once again, thanks jamyskis)

Summed up in one word: meh.
I can't say anything about graphics, as my computer and GFX card are subpar, but it looked quite OK here. Voice acting is comical, and on-screen subtitles don't follow speech properly. I didn't notice background music, so I'm not sure if that's good or bad thing. I'm not going to spoil the story (not there is much to be spoiled). but I'll just say it's not too much.
On to the gameplay: There are only 8 missions, prologue included, that IMO were quite easy, and one insanely hard that I cheated through after numerous restarts, even after I reduced difficulty to easy. Rockets get rid of most of things quite efficiently, but it gets boring easily if you only spam rockets. Enemies are easy enough to kill without them, and it's more fun that way. Only time I really, really needed rockets was to shoot down some mining bots and to my disappointment - bots were faster than damn rockets! Seriously? -.- AI poses no threat most of the time, and only hing they seem to be good at is ramming their ship into you. Sadly, ramming takes only 5% of your health (at least on normal difficulty, might be different at easy/hard) and it takes way more from their ship. Also, collision detection just bounces you off anything you hit and that feels quite wrong. Ships were made of metal, not rubber last time I checked. Hacking was a nice idea but realization seriously lacks of imagination. Target node, wait for code to show up, select code, do something to the ship et voila. Also dying is not really an option as you can go back to the mothership for repairs and restocking on those almighty rockets. Even if you manage to get killed, you will be bailed out in evacuation pod and re-spawned on ship. Upgrade system offers 0 customization, and is divided into Weapons, Hull and Afterburner, and next stages gives you bit more of it.
Warning! Spoilers ahead! Last mission is heavily inspired by Star Wars, as it's quite similar to death star destruction. And no I didn't feel like hero. It ends with to be continued screen, and when/if it continues, I'm not really sure that I'll be standing in line to play it.

To sum it up, if you want to shoot something in space, and finish it in few hours, go for it, but don't expect too much.
To the Moon
This game was beautiful. It was short, but the story that it told was both sad and heartwarming, and it actually made me see a few things in a different way.
I completed the Freespace 2 mod, Diaspora: Shattered Armistice and really enjoyed. I just got my joystick last week and decided to try it out with this mod, and after awhile I got the hang of the controls and the new joystick.

As for the mod, if you're a Battlestar Galactica fan, you will definitely appreciate this mod, and relish the opportunity to step into a Viper and splash some toasters. There aren't that many missions in this release (the first in a series of smaller episodic-style releases) but I thought the story it told was interesting and well-told. Definitely go for this mod, if you're a fan of space sims/shooters and/or BSG.

So far:
Just Cause 2
Cave Story+
Area 51
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
XIII
Star Wars: Jedi Academy
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Mirror's Edge
Thief II: The Metal Age
Alan Wake
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Diaspora: Shattered Armistice
Not many compared to some of you...

Persona (PSP remake) - crushingly tedious
Astonishia Story (PSP) - seemed like it ended half-way through
Mass Effect 3 -absolutely brilliant
Clive Barker's Jericho - tries way too hard; weak game mechanics to top it off.
Amnesia: The Dark Descent - brilliant
Super Mario Worlds (Nintendo DS) - earned its reputation. Played it on the SNES as a kid, but I'm counting it, since it's a new version
Two Worlds - good enough to make me pick up the sequel
Two Worlds II - eh
Two Worlds II: Pirates of the Flying Fortress - tedious endgame
MacGuffin's Curse - Well-written and charming; only got totally stuck once
Portal - brilliant
Portal 2 - still brilliant
Dead Space - good shooter, not scary
Sam and Max 106 - 204 - repetitive, and ultimately somewhat dull
Escape Goat - quick and fun
Ultima I - sometimes, "classic" games are really just old
Max Payne 1 - abusive difficulty forced me to abuse the quick-save function

So, a mixed bag so far.
Post edited September 23, 2012 by BadDecissions
WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne

Still got the Orc campaign left, which might get stuck on the backburner, but on the other hand, the three other campaigns make up the bulk of the singleplayer experience anyway, and are incredibly harsh and unforgiving.

Also, can't believe I never connected A Symphony of Frost and Flame to a certain book series before...
Botanicula

Short, but sweet. Absurdly upbeat soundtrack.
Mass Effect 1 decent but I think Dragon Age Origins is better.
Finished L.A. Noire last night. I must say, they did a lot of really cool things in this game. I really enjoyed the story itself and I liked how the city really felt like a city with lots of people and traffic. Not an empty shell. I also dug the '40s music.

A few things bugged me though.

1) The start-up time was extremely slow, which isn't a huge deal, but it bugged me sometimes.

2) I was good at reading the faces for Truth answers, but I couldn't for the life of me distinguish between Lie and Doubt. Ended up using a walkthrough because I was so pathetic at it. And many times I couldn't figure out what justification the game devs were using for Doubt vs Lie anyway.

3) Sometimes Phelps would get stuck in run mode (yes, I double checked to make sure CAPSLOCK wasn't on).

4) the cover mechanic was really fickle with Phelps sometimes not wanting to take cover and other times not wanting to come out from it. I figure that's a quirk of the port to KB/Mouse control from a controller.

Fairly fun game though, and well worth the 5 bucks I coughed up for it. Not sure I'd play through it again though.

So my tally so far this year is:

Nox
Saboteur
Alpha Protocol
Trine 2
Bastion
Cogs
Icewind Dale (3 times)
Icewind Dale 2 (twice)
From Dust
Limbo
L.A. Noire
09-27-12 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (Steam)

Games finished in 2012