It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished Growlanser 4. Story and characters were weak - well I liked the progression of magic starting out as just a rumor, but escalates into an arm race on all sides of the war, though some of what should have been important story fights like Akyel, Muntzer, or Silvernale coming off as anticlimatic. And I didn't really really care for much of the PC cast outside of Eliza since most of them were a bit bland or personalityless and I'd rather have NPCs like Lumis or Maggie or Silvernale as party members. But the gameplay was good, aside from some headaches or frustrating missions, and the world map and exploration as the plot progresses could have been a bit more logical (got lost for hours trying to remember where the ruined village was, and would have liked to have seen more of Iglesius and Valkania) with lots of content and sidequests.

And while I was at it finished Parasite Eve 3 aka 3rd Birthday. It looked and sounded nice, but was a bit of a headache for me because of overusing the RPG elements.

Dark Lord
Super Robot Wars OG2
Ys 4: Mask of the Sun
Castlevania
Final Fantasy 4 Interlude
Duke Nukem 3d
Jamestown
Blocks That Matter
Final Fantasy 13 (Platinum)
Fragile Dreams
Fallout 1
Breath of Death 7
Hyperdimension Neptunia (Platinum)
Solatorobo
Tales of Graces f
Sands of Destruction
Batman Arkham City
New Super Mario Brothers Wii
Final Fantasy 3 DS
Alpha Protocol
Final Fantasy 13-2
Rune Factory 3
Pikmin
Dragon Age Origins
Halo 3
Phantasy Star 3
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
Little Big Planet (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank Future 2: A Crack In Time (Challenge Mode/Hard Mode/Platinum)
Xenoblade
Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery
Persona 3 Portable (mshe)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Metroid Other M
World of Goo
The Last Story
Divine Divinity
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light
Dirge of Cerberus
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Growlanser 4: Wayfarer of Time
3rd Birthday
Army of Darkness: Defense (iOS): A lot of fun for 3-4 hours. Extremely repetitive and frustrating after that

2009:

Grand Theft Auto IV, C&C3: Tiberium Wars, C&C3: Kane's Wrath, Fallout 1, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, Beneath A Steel Sky

Best game finished in 2009: Fallout
Worst game finished in 2009: C&C3: Kane's Wrath

2010:

Final Fantasy VII, Dead Space, Unreal, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky, Secret of Monkey Island: SE, Jagged Alliance 2, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Assassin's Creed

Best game finished in 2010: Final Fantasy VII
Worst game finished in 2010: Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty

2011:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed 2 GotY, Plants vs. Zombies, Neverwinter Nights, Resistance 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Duke Nukem 3D, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Left 4 Dead (Advanced), Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Best game finished in 2011: Bioshock
Worst game finished in 2011: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

2012:

Batman: Arkham Asylum, Demon's Souls, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony, Descent: Freespace - The Great War, Portal, Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem (iOS), Army of Darkness: Defense (iOS)

Best game finished in 2012: Demon's Souls
Worst game finished in 2012: Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned
Closed a gap in my gaming knowledge today by finishing Shadow Warrior.
Finished Rochard a couple of minutes ago. Man, what a good game!! Slick handling, interesting possibilities, puzzles exactly hard enough to stimulate you and easy enough not to keep you stuck for months, nice graphisms, excellent music...

So, the perfect game? No: I finished it in a little more than 5 hours, which, for a game of this quality, is a pity. I wish it would have been twice as long! ^_^ And the other gripe is (no spoilers i hope) the final cliffhanger. I've always hated cliffhangers, but that one, OMG, that one! ^_^

Anyway, so far (Wizorb, Shatter, Rochard), the Humble Bundle 6 is scoring almost perfect for me! Hope it will be the same for the remaining games!

So far in 2012: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post15
I just finished Lone Survivor, and got the "green" ending. The game was surprisingly creepy, which was helped by the fact that I felt the need to conserve my resources far more than I actually had to (ammunition is scarce, therefore I need to find another way around the enemies. Food is scarce, therefore I need to not sleep very often and not get hurt by enemies). By the end of the game I had a lot of resources left, but I did at least get the good ending.
The more recent ones are Ultima I and Batman: Arkham Asylum but I also beat the (awful) Empire Earth campaign earlier this year. Last year I had much less time but beat dozens of games (including Warcraft I, Commandos and Sanitarium). :S
I finished Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and COD 1 (second time).
In no particular order...

Mass Effect 3
Witcher 2
Crysis 2
Geneforge 1 (soon to be 2)
Silver
Outcast
Blade of Darkness
Blood
Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel (I finally got it working)

Probably a lot more.
HALF-LIFE 2 Episode 1
and
HALF-LIFE 2 Episode 2.

^^

EDIT: I just finished:

FINAL FANTASY VI on PlayStation!!!!!!!!

After 10 years of having this game I finally finished it!! The ending is just FANTASTIC. I'm so happy that I finished this game before the end of the world. ^^
Post edited October 21, 2012 by retro_gamer
retro_gamer: HALF-LIFE 2 Episode 1 and HALF-LIFE 2 Episode 2. ^^
So you're all set for Ep 3/Half Life 3. See you in 33 years ;-)
Just gta4, should be ashamed:))
retro_gamer: HALF-LIFE 2 Episode 1 and HALF-LIFE 2 Episode 2. ^^
dipsal: So you're all set for Ep 3/Half Life 3. See you in 33 years ;-)
Yeah, could be. :))) Who knows.
Just finished Angry Birds.

The Sims 3: Pets
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Alpha Protocol
Beneath a Steel Sky (August 26)
Angry Birds (October 21)
Just finished Need For Speed: The Run (PC).
Finished "The Run" Campaign portion of the game.

Here's my list for 2012 Completions, so far...
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post796
Forget to update the page-Completed 2 games recently-

The Quest by Redshift-I did the good guy ending and it was fun although suspenseful as they didnt give off much story until the end. The combat is a bit boring but the story is solid.

and

Avernum Escape from the Pit by spiderweb software-Revenge Ending. The game is pretty good and has a lot of replay value, even moreso than the Avadon Series. But it comes with many problems. One of the problems is that there was too much pre-conditions that had to be met to defeat Hawthorn. I thought that it would have been better if you didnt have to go on some of the most ridiculous finds that nobody would be able to do without internet and a working knowledge of what your supposed to do.

That and the fact that there really is no story to be had in this game as you get there, and thats it. You dont have a main mission, no working story in the background, just nonstop encounters.

If anything, I can see why Jeff likes to rerelease these games because this game would be pretty much unplayable in the former form. As it stands now, it still is partially playable but not recommended.

I havent played 2 and 3 but I would say Jeff started getting better with the Avernum series in 4-6 as there really is a story to work on.