It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished Shadowgrounds. Yet another short game, though this time not quite as short as most games that I have played this year.
Finished nothing yet :(

Working on Disciples and Bastion but...

Everyday-go-to-work, come-home-and-do-laundry-washup-cooking, pass-time-with-gf and baaaam you are standing in the morning of a new day.

Restart! Damn it!
Jan 12: Splinter Cell Double Agent.
AFnord: Finished Shadowgrounds. Yet another short game, though this time not quite as short as most games that I have played this year.
IIRC, that game took me at least 7-8 hours to complete. Of course maybe I just suck :)
Paingiver: Finished nothing yet :(

Everyday-go-to-work, come-home-and-do-laundry-washup-cooking, pass-time-with-gf and baaaam you are standing in the morning of a new day.

Restart! Damn it!
All the Disciples / HoMMs / AoWs games are huge timesinks. Bastion shouldn't take long though :)
Post edited January 31, 2012 by kalirion
and I am done with septerra core.

It took only 56 hours if saves can be trusted.

overall... good game. It started strong and kept that level to around mid-game where I felt it just dragged too much. Combat is a bit too simplistic and you don't have enough options, weapon variety is quite good but most of them cost precious mana which is very limited through most of the game and only in later stages you can spend it without much worry. Story was pretty good, unique world, monsters and history. Not enough tough history on main characters. Some personal quests would be nice.

anyhow. i am glad it is over. It was good game but too much filler, too much empty walking through mazes.
AFnord: Finished Shadowgrounds. Yet another short game, though this time not quite as short as most games that I have played this year.
kalirion: IIRC, that game took me at least 7-8 hours to complete. Of course maybe I just suck :)
Paingiver: Finished nothing yet :(

Restart! Damn it!
kalirion: All the Disciples / HoMMs / AoWs games are huge timesinks. Bastion shouldn't take long though :)
It took me ~6h, to finish, so the time difference was not that big. As I usually play CRPGs & Strategy games (usually TBSs), I've really been swimming in the short end of the pool this year, and thus it feels like I'm just running through games.

And aye, most TBSs along the line of Disciples, HoMM & AoW can be incredibly time consuming. They are quite fun though (with AoW 1 being my favourite of the less complex fantasy TBSs).

And Septera Core, I would have really liked that game if it had not fallen into the very same trap as almost every other JRPG out there (it is basically a JRPG, even if it is not from Japan). They all seem to start to drag a few hours before the halfway point.
Oh, right, beat Katawa Shoujo a couple of days ago.
AFnord: And Septera Core, I would have really liked that game if it had not fallen into the very same trap as almost every other JRPG out there (it is basically a JRPG, even if it is not from Japan). They all seem to start to drag a few hours before the halfway point.
i combated the dragging by listening to livestreams, terraria with jesse cox and TB as well as first season of Frasier (listened to every episode but one while playing SC) really helped during those dull moments of fighting same enemies over and over again.
Just finished F.E.A.R. 3 recently.
Full list:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post89

Wow, a second game this year finished already.

2. Magic Carpet 2 (1995) (PC, 1.2.2012, 8.5/10)

This was actually a second playthrough, I have played this through before maybe over 15 years ago.

I don't know why I felt back then it was a disappointment after Magic Carpet (Gold), maybe because this sequel is both shorter and easier, and in many levels you are guided through the levels by the narrator (your late master). But maybe it is still overall superior to the original, at least there are even more spells now. More of the same mostly, if you liked MC1.

At least there's now a clear option in the pause screen to save/load mid-level. This was a life saver in many levels which seemed to be very crash-prone if there was lots going on on the screen and lots of mana balls lying on the ground. I don't know if this is due to DOSBox, I think the game was a bit crash-prone in real MS-DOS too...

I think I didn't find one or two of the secret levels which you find only if you destroy certain enemy buildings or kill all the creatures on certain levels. Oh well, I found most of them.
Post edited February 01, 2012 by timppu
12.01.2012 - Psychonauts (steam version, though I also own gog version .... and retail :P and I finished the game for the FIRST time :) )
1.2.2012 - Dead Island

Adding two more :) Now what to play :)
tex murphy under a killing moon, tex murphy overseer, kgb , noctropolis, monkey island 4 and legacy of kain blood omen 1

need to start : alpha polaris, a new beginning and deponia
need to finish : the next big thing and harveys neue augen

playing but no need to finish : sacred
Post edited February 01, 2012 by lugum
Time Gentlemen Please. Pretty much completed this in one day, over about a 7 hour stint. Just as good as the first one and well worth playing if you enjoy adventure games.
Ralackk: Time Gentlemen Please. Pretty much completed this in one day, over about a 7 hour stint. Just as good as the first one and well worth playing if you enjoy adventure games.
Wait.... you played games for 7 hours straight O_o
Toki Tori moments ago.

Finished all by myself except for one level in the Bubble Barrage set, for which I had to resort to a playthrough.