It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bayonetta (PS3)
Finished Monkey Island 2 yesterday. Now I started ES IV: Oblivion, guessing it will take a while :D
sebarnolds: ...
That description, maybe apart for being really linear, reminded me of the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commandos_(series)]Commandos series[/url] on PC. Don't know if they are actually similar, but either way I have a massive urge to play those games now.

Edit
And they're here on GOG! How did I not notice this before? Well good bye, rest of the night.
Post edited February 07, 2011 by Export
sebarnolds: ...
Export: That description, maybe apart for being really linear, reminded me of the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commandos_(series)]Commandos series[/url] on PC. Don't know if they are actually similar, but either way I have a massive urge to play those games now.

Edit
And they're here on GOG! How did I not notice this before? Well good bye, rest of the night.
In fact, they're very different apart from the world war settings. This one is more like Splinter Cell during the war, but not as good as Splinter Cell (story & gameplay wise).
Today I completed Super Castlevania IV. Easier than the first one, the boss battles in particular.

Edit: 11 games beaten so far this year.
Post edited February 07, 2011 by Zchinque
Finished Blood 2,which I had played before when it first came out.
My original opinion stands: It is not as terrible as legend has it, but it definently a sea of mediocrity with a few brilliant bits floating in it. Sadly, the few really good levels (The Airship level and the Cathedrial) all happen early in the game.
I found the Ancient one, The final boss in the game, to be very tough at first..he was killing me over and over again...but then I stumbled on to a tactic that,if used, made him a wimp like all the other Blood bosses...weak bosses being a prolbem even in the overall brilliant Blood one.
Just completed the first Fallout. I loved the game, but incredibly disappointingly the ending seemed to glitch itself to pieces. It's meant to go through various characters from the game and tell you what they did next, based on how you played the game. Well for me it quickly cycled through a load of pictures of them without a word being spoken, got the the Brotherhood guy and managed to say "The Brotherhood of St-" before cutting off, cycling through more images and then ending. I'm going to ask about it in the Fallout section, though any help here would be welcome too.
Finished Beneath a Steel Sky

The story is good but the game is incredibly difficult. I had no idea what to do next several times during the game (and I had played the game in the past)

Also finished Duty Calls.

It was funny but... seriously ? It took more time to install the damn thing than to reach its end !

So far in 2011:
- Alpha Protocol
- Back to the Future EP1
- Beneath a Steel Sky
- Duty Calls
- Runaway 2
- Velvet Assassin
Post edited February 09, 2011 by sebarnolds
Dead Space 2 - Not much different from the first game, but most of what was borrowed was what made the first one a great game anyway. It's not quite as creepy, but it's well-done and enjoyable throughout. Some really cool throwbacks to the first title.

God of War II - Overdue playthrough here... A lot like the original God of War, just a bit bigger, a bit gorier, and a bit longer. In word: Epic.
sebarnolds: Also finished Duty Calls.

It was funny but... seriously ? It took more time to install the damn thing than to reach its end !
It's not supposed to be a full game - more like an interactive youtube video.
I've just finished Ace Combat 6, which is really fun but has some annoyingly hard campaign missions (the ones that involve stupidly big flying-wings with a million turrets you have to shoot off). Overall a fun game, well worth the £15 I found it for, and the graphics are excellent for a game a few years old.

Also, thanks to GOG, just finished Independance War for the first time - it was my favourite game when I was 15-16, but never actually managed to complete the final mission until 10 years later - when I managed it first try!
sebarnolds: Also finished Duty Calls.

kalirion: It's not supposed to be a full game - more like an interactive youtube video.
Yeah, I know. But their installer took ages to install the damn thing and I really don't understand why. I think it spent more than ten minutes installing DirectX June 2010 and more than ten minutes doing other things (extracting MSI, preparing for installation, checking for installed applications...). They should use something lighter than InstallShield for something like this... or configure it properly so that it is a fast install (all we need is that it extract the files, install the Visual C++ runtime and check for DirectX).
Just Finish Super Mario 64 for the first time

So far this Year...

-Super Mario Bros III
-Super Mario World
-Super Mario Land II
-Super Mario 64
Post edited March 17, 2011 by apoc17
Just finished Temple of Elemental Evil (with the Co8 mod v6.0.0). Overall, with the modpack installed, a damned fun game. Ending was way too easy though, since the mod allows you to level above level 10.
Finished Mass Effect 2 yesterday.

It feels like HL2 episode 2.

just abruptly ends without any conclusion whatsoever. The end altough very awesome and epic (managed to save everyone just on second try) felt like midgame main mission.

damn. can't wait for ME3.

Also replaying ME1 atm as a red headed bitch.
Being "bad guy" is fun