It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

First game of 2011: Sokoban
Finished Pound of Ground. Meh. Also 'bleah'.
Dragobr: And the first game of the year is World of Goo!
Same here.

Second one is Osmos.

I'll be playing Starcraft 2 again, on normal difficulty. Should be done in a few days with it. And then, Penumbra are next.
Finished Runaway 2 : the dream of the turtle and it was not a good game, really not like the first Runaway:
- Brian is completely different, not really sympathetic
- Good graphisms, alive but the animations get in the way of the game (seeing Brian crotch his head once is ok, but waiting for the end of the animation each time I click on something is really annoying)
- Numerous dialogs, too numerous. And some of them are needed to progress, which is a problem.
- Completely illogical/overcomplicated enigms/problems (need a tiny object that we didn't see, need to get out of the room and re-enter it to progress, solutions too complicated...)
- Game length has been artificially increased (need to go through the same dialog each time we want to enter the camp, cinematics too long...)
- I didn't like the story
- No ending

We'll see if the third Runaway is better...

So far in 2011:
Alpha Protocol
Back to the Future : Episode 1
Runaway 2
Amnesia.
Grabbed Witcher last month, and just started playing it last week. Finished it two days ago, and damn, what a sweet little game. I am even more hyped about Witcher 2 now.
Add deathspank to my list :)
Metro 2033 was pretty awesome, very solid shooter.

and Aliens vs Predator 2010 on PC wasn't too bad, but multiplayer as an Alien taught me one thing.. The map designers are sadists. I often forgot whether I was on the ceiling or on the floor, throw the ever changing landscape of Pyramid (I think? The one with the sliding walls) into the mix and it's a serious headfuck.
Post edited January 26, 2011 by Shalgroth
Started countless games last year, though I had a dry spot in the first 6 months or so where I only even played No More Heroes 2 and Mass Effect 2, both to completion. After that I completed the Scott Pilgrim game and Dead Rising 2 - that's it.

I've almost completed more games this year so far than I did in all of 2010, BASS, Emerald City Confidential, The Longest Journey, Broken Sword DC and am on the cusp of finishing Gabriel Knight and Planescape Torment (again). It helps that 2 or 3 of those games are incredibly short, of course.

Some of the games I started that I wish I'd stuck at (and may have to restart now, it's been so long) are Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Deadly Premonition, Bayonetta, Dragon Quest IX, Miles Edgeworth Investigations and Etrian Odyssey III. A few games I intentionally stopped playing, like Final Fantasy XIII and Star Ocean 4 - though to be fair, FFXIII is merely "heavily flawed" whereas SO4 is a piece of crap. I'd rather put a dog turd in my Xbox than that game.
Finished Metal Gear Solid 4 last night, and my god SO MANY CUTSCENES THAT LAST FOREVER.

The gameplay wasn't that bad overall, act 3 wasn't that great and sneaking around robots in act 4 isn't quite as fun as humans, but it makes up with it with the massive amounts of nostalgia delivered.

But seriously, the cutscenes take up much more of the playtime than the actual gameplay, it's bloody ridiculous, and not all of it was that great. What was especially especially dissapointing wsa the B&B corps and how they were all essentially the same.

But whatever, I had fun with it and the ending was satisfying, providing they don't choose to make another game set after MGS4.
Supreme Commander 2.

Overall a good game. But its more C&C leanings would have been more appreciable if it wasn't for the fact that one of the great things about SupCom was how different it was from the C&C clone cloud.
So far:

2009:

Grand Theft Auto IV, C&C3: Tiberium Wars, C&C3: Kane's Wrath, Fallout 1, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, Beneath A Steel Sky

2010:

Final Fantasy VII, Dead Space, Unreal, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky, Secret of Monkey Island: SE, Jagged Alliance 2, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Assassin's Creed

2011:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles
Bioshock. Not bad for a FPS.
Doom
Beneath a Steel Sky
I'm terrible with completing games -_- I get bored so quickly or a part is difficult in a cheap and frustrating way and I go off the game.

This year all I've completed is umm The Longest Journey, Fable 3 & Bayonetta. I've got 30+ games kinda on the go at the moment though between 3 different consoles and the pc.