It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KneeTheCap: Is it that hard to believe?
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Not very hard, but surely next to impossible. If you say so... I guess i have to believe it. A sign of the times, i trust. As if closing down gog sales of certain titles and rearranging them in steam store had not been enough, a jealous steam copying gog policies, now?!? Guys must be getting pretty desperate. That's a new...
There are games in steam what you can play without the client after downloading. All you need to do is run the executable. Sure there aren't that many, but they are there :)
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Not very hard, but surely next to impossible. If you say so... I guess i have to believe it. A sign of the times, i trust. As if closing down gog sales of certain titles and rearranging them in steam store had not been enough, a jealous steam copying gog policies, now?!? Guys must be getting pretty desperate. That's a new...
KneeTheCap: There are games in steam what you can play without the client after downloading. All you need to do is run the executable. Sure there aren't that many, but they are there :)
There is always at least one exception to the rule, as they say. And the exception, most of the times, is there, just to confirm the rule, as others say... The times...!
KiNgBrAdLeY7: a jealous steam copying gog policies, now?!?
Steam doesn't have a DRM policy whatsoever, it's up to the publishers and developers to pick and choose which - if any - of the Steamworks features they want to use, including multiplayer, DRM (CEG), achievements, mods (workshop), ...
Post edited September 10, 2014 by Maighstir
low rated
I continue to be amazed by this community's incredible fascination with Steam despite the fact that most hate it. Threads that have absolutely zero to do with Steam and yet somehow Steam always gets mentioned and a debate ensues.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by synfresh
Anybody got any news on this - any replies from GG support or anything?
hockeycanuck: Community Support at Encore Software / Viva Media
Any news from your end bud?
Post edited September 10, 2014 by Sachys
synfresh: I continue to be amazed by this community's incredible fascination with Steam despite the fact that most hate it. Threads that have absolutely zero to do with Steam and yet somehow Steam always gets mentioned and a debate ensues.
This thread has absolutely zero to do with steam?? wtf...did you not at least glance over the opening post?
synfresh: I continue to be amazed by this community's incredible fascination with Steam despite the fact that most hate it. Threads that have absolutely zero to do with Steam and yet somehow Steam always gets mentioned and a debate ensues.
jamotide: This thread has absolutely zero to do with steam?? wtf...did you not at least glance over the opening post?
That was my thought as well. It's kind of amazing how when Steam is discussed on this forum there are continually people that pop in and complain about Steam being discussed on this forum.
I got a reply from GG support today. They asked if the link was in my account now... and it was! Surprised no one else gave them the benefit of the doubt and wrote to support reporting it as a bug instead of jumping down their throats.
"In October 2013, it was estimated by Screen Digest that 75% of games bought online for the PC are downloaded through Steam."
So Steam is kind of a big deal...
SirPrimalform: I got a reply from GG support today. They asked if the link was in my account now... and it was! Surprised no one else gave them the benefit of the doubt and wrote to support reporting it as a bug instead of jumping down their throats.
Aye - seems Gray Matter has returned!
Sachys: Aye - seems Gray Matter has returned!
Ah yeah, forgot to mention it was Grey Matter I was talking about.

I don't have the other missing games on GamersGate so I can't write to support about them, someone else should try though. Feign ignorance, report the missing link as a bug.
SirPrimalform: Ah yeah, forgot to mention it was Grey Matter I was talking about.

I don't have the other missing games on GamersGate so I can't write to support about them, someone else should try though. Feign ignorance, report the missing link as a bug.
In the case of Gray Matter, I think it's possible hockeycanuck
hockeycanuck:
(Viva Media guy) may have had something to do with its return.
KneeTheCap: There are games in steam what you can play without the client after downloading. All you need to do is run the executable. Sure there aren't that many, but they are there :)
And you can't reinstall them without Steam.
You only need to look at the deals thread. Almost all Steam all the time.
Post edited September 11, 2014 by realkman666
SirPrimalform: I got a reply from GG support today. They asked if the link was in my account now... and it was! Surprised no one else gave them the benefit of the doubt and wrote to support reporting it as a bug instead of jumping down their throats.
The weird thing is, I wrote a complaint about Gray Matter and I also got a reply today stating:
I'm afraid that is not a decision GamersGate can take. The change is by demand of the publishers and this is how this game is distributed and supported now.

Yes, we are loosing more and more DRM free games to Steam as the publishers decide to only support one version instead of several. GG have fought for DRM free games, and Steam free, a long time, but it looks like it is a lost cause.
Nevertheless, when I read your post and checked my account, the "DRM-free" link was back again for me, too.
Leroux:
gotta be the work of hockeycanuck then i think