It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JohnnyDollar: I did a brief search and landed on a thread at the GG forums. I didn't read past the first few posts.
http://www.gamersgate.com/gametutor?issue=251998
that, I believe, is the OP of this thread (and several other forum member from here).
JohnnyDollar: Those games should be there in your account. I don't care about any agreements or fine print on the user's part. That's just the right thing to do. If you buy a game advertised as DRM-free, then it should stay DRM-free in the spirit in which the DD offers DRM-free games. It shouldn't be tied to a client service after the fact.

The publishers responsible for that and GG deserve to be shunned by the gaming community. If this happened at GOG I would say the same thing.
I don't pirate games, but it's mind boggling when they pull shit like this and then scratch their heads wondering why people turn to piracy.
Coelocanth: I don't pirate games, but it's mind boggling when they pull shit like this and then scratch their heads wondering why people turn to piracy.
...and here I thought it was because of the rum and booty. O----o/
Sachys: ...and here I thought it was because of the rum and booty. O----o/
Well, the games bring 'em in, but the rum and booty keeps 'em aboard!
JohnnyDollar: Those games should be there in your account. I don't care about any agreements or fine print on the user's part. That's just the right thing to do. If you buy a game advertised as DRM-free, then it should stay DRM-free in the spirit in which the DD offers DRM-free games. It shouldn't be tied to a client service after the fact.

The publishers responsible for that and GG deserve to be shunned by the gaming community. If this happened at GOG I would say the same thing.
Coelocanth: I don't pirate games, but it's mind boggling when they pull shit like this and then scratch their heads wondering why people turn to piracy.
The only game I have is Japanese... 1) I don't know how to buy it. 2) I'm not sure I could legally buy it. 3) I think it's physical copies only.

Wait... this isn't a confess your sins thread? Shit...

Also, what happened to your avatar? Did your fish evolve?
Sachys: ...and here I thought it was because of the rum and booty. O----o/
Coelocanth: Well, the games bring 'em in, but the rum and booty keeps 'em aboard!
"McAfee! Ya scurvy dogs!"

...somethings wrong with that line.

From what I gather they didn't even bother to notify their customers about it. :/

I would like to think that GOG have stipulations in place to prevent this when they reach agreements with publishers, but I don't know that.
JohnnyDollar: From what I gather they didn't even bother to notify their customers about it. :/

I would like to think that GOG have stipulations in place to prevent this when they reach agreements with publishers, but I don't know that.
Given that GOG's big selling point now is DRM-Free(before it was just DRM-free Oldies) and has many times turned down the option to sell Steam keys or even make them available on the site(not to mention they are adding a optional client with "Cross-play" with Steam to help make games that use Steamworks for online play available here without having to remove said feature), It would go without saying that is the case. Honestly at this point in time it would be more then likely the games would be pulled from sale before they get replaced by Steam keys(which I'm sure if enough bitching happens could change, I hope not but you can't control the mob).
Post edited September 08, 2014 by DCT
DCT: [GoG] has many times turned down the option to sell Steam keys or even make them available on the site
[...]
it would be more than likely the games would be pulled from sale before they get replaced by Steam keys
I really don't know what you are talking to. Why are you talking about gog and steam keys ? That's a very construed way to say 'gog doesn't sell steam keys' imho.
DCT: Given that GOG's big selling point now is DRM-Free(before it was just DRM-free Oldies) and has many times turned down the option to sell Steam keys or even make them available on the site(not to mention they are adding a optional client with "Cross-play" with Steam to help make games that use Steamworks for online play available here without having to remove said feature), It would go without saying that is the case. Honestly at this point in time it would be more then likely the games would be pulled from sale before they get replaced by Steam keys(which I'm sure if enough bitching happens could change, I hope not but you can't control the mob).
Yeah, that's what happened with Bohemia, I think. I guess I wasn't thinking of this specific situation with the Steam keys when I said that, but more in general regarding just how much publishers can dictate.

The least that GG could have done was notified everyone and given them a grace period. Surely they could have gotten the publishers to agree to that. My understanding is that they didn't communicate at all, much less give a grace period.

That's showing no respect for their paying customers at all. It irks me and I'm not even directly affected by this.
DCT: Given that GOG's big selling point now is DRM-Free(before it was just DRM-free Oldies) and has many times turned down the option to sell Steam keys or even make them available on the site(not to mention they are adding a optional client with "Cross-play" with Steam to help make games that use Steamworks for online play available here without having to remove said feature), It would go without saying that is the case. Honestly at this point in time it would be more then likely the games would be pulled from sale before they get replaced by Steam keys(which I'm sure if enough bitching happens could change, I hope not but you can't control the mob).
JohnnyDollar: Yeah, that's what happened with Bohemia, I think. I guess I wasn't thinking of this specific situation with the Steam keys when I said that, but more in general regarding just how much publishers can dictate.

The least that GG could have done was notified everyone and given them a grace period. Surely they could have gotten the publishers to agree to that. My understanding is that they didn't communicate at all, much less give a grace period.

That's showing no respect for their paying customers at all. It irks me and I'm not even directly affected by this.
Exactly. No respect or regard for their customers. Were they just hoping if they did it quietly, nobody would notice? Ridiculous.
Post edited September 09, 2014 by aJillSandwich
If its any help to whom is affected:

http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

List is no way complete, there a more DRM free games on Steam.
Like the mentioned Graviteam Tactics(Achtung Panzer) Operation Star, its so DRM free, the GamersGate DLCs are copypaste compatible with the Steam, Matrix Games, Strategy First store, and Indiegamestand versions and vice versa.
p_mamusz: If its any help to whom is affected:

Like the mentioned Graviteam Tactics(Achtung Panzer) Operation Star, its so DRM free, the GamersGate DLCs are copypaste compatible with the Steam, Matrix Games, Strategy First store, and Indiegamestand versions and vice versa.
DRM Free? On steam??
p_mamusz: If its any help to whom is affected:

KiNgBrAdLeY7: DRM Free? On steam??
Is it that hard to believe?
KiNgBrAdLeY7: DRM Free? On steam??
KneeTheCap: Is it that hard to believe?
Not very hard, but surely next to impossible. If you say so... I guess i have to believe it. A sign of the times, i trust. As if closing down gog sales of certain titles and rearranging them in steam store had not been enough, a jealous steam copying gog policies, now?!? Guys must be getting pretty desperate. That's a new...
Post edited September 10, 2014 by KiNgBrAdLeY7