It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rodor: Just now I logged in my Gamersgate account to download some games (which are either not present yet on GOG or I just haven't bought them here yet), like Space Empires 5 and AIWar Collection - and what do I see? The 'download" link is disappeared and the "Steam-key" button appeared. For Space Empires? Don't make me laugh, Steam-sh*tasses! Is it "just for convenience to download fresh patches" or what? Are you complete idiots? Where are my DRM-free copies which I had bought? I didn't buy Steam-keys! Where are them?
Is it normal to treat customers like that?
I bought an alpha game DRM-free on Desura and only the Steam version is being updated now. It's a new trend. Activate on Steam or bust.
Rodor: Just now I logged in my Gamersgate account to download some games (which are either not present yet on GOG or I just haven't bought them here yet), like Space Empires 5 and AIWar Collection - and what do I see? The 'download" link is disappeared and the "Steam-key" button appeared. For Space Empires? Don't make me laugh, Steam-sh*tasses! Is it "just for convenience to download fresh patches" or what? Are you complete idiots? Where are my DRM-free copies which I had bought? I didn't buy Steam-keys! Where are them?
Is it normal to treat customers like that?
realkman666: I bought an alpha game DRM-free on Desura and only the Steam version is being updated now. It's a new trend. Activate on Steam or bust.
Same thing with Humble Bundle.

Early access for Darkout (neat game), but the release version is from Dec 2013 and there've been like 9 updates since then - but only for the Steam version.

I'm glad I came across this thread, I was thinking about picking up a couple games on GG, but not now.
Post edited September 05, 2014 by wanderer_27
For all the heat GOG has been getting over their recent changes, stories like this one show what GOG is up against. At least with GOG you have full control over your installers.

When publishers drop support for other versions of their games, it's a separate matter. If they aren't legally bound to supply the retailer with updates to the retailer's version of the game, they can cut off future support without removing the old download from your library. You could still download the old installer anytime you wanted, but you'd be shut out of bugfixes or ongoing updates.
wvpr: but you'd be shut out of bugfixes or ongoing updates.
At which point people who put games on TPB are loved since they can download the updated games once they are hacked of their crappy DRM, and the numbers of sales and lost sales are all muddled from people who own the game but don't want to use a crappy service to get the updates...

Although they aren't required to give updates to services they've separated from, i would think they should offer patches of some sort anyways rather than going steam-only.
This good thread here settles another general thread. "Why people make such a fuss of games being removed from GoG, when you can get them DRM-FREE *ELSEWHERE* (haha, a good one, either a joke or a cheap, temporary, asspul, trolling deceit)?"

People don't understand that GoG being attacked (being forced to thin its catalog), isn't a direct hit towards GoG itself. It is an indirect hit against DRM-Free products, and an under the belt hit for us consumers who demand this type of service. And it aims to transfer rights of selling those games to other services, like steam. For some reason, despite GoG being relatively successful and prosperous, copyright holders continue faqing us GoG buyers and GoG as a service, by making them stop distribution of so many titles at once. The worst has yet to come, we are only in the beginning.

Enjoy your steam keys, people! And remember, the ONLY Drm-Free place, is here, yours trully. Also, the removed titles, fly around shadily, even in GoG version, too. Copyright holders give us the finger, they are bound to be given the finger, as well. What goes round comes round, as they say.
Post edited September 05, 2014 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
realkman666: I bought an alpha game DRM-free on Desura and only the Steam version is being updated now. It's a new trend. Activate on Steam or bust.
wanderer_27: Same thing with Humble Bundle.

Early access for Darkout (neat game), but the release version is from Dec 2013 and there've been like 9 updates since then - but only for the Steam version.

I'm glad I came across this thread, I was thinking about picking up a couple games on GG, but not now.
Their "DRM-free" downloader/installer is not ideal anyway.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: This good thread here settles another general thread. "Why people make such a fuss of games being removed from GoG, when you can get them DRM-FREE *ELSEWHERE* (haha, a good one, either a joke or a cheap, temporary, asspul, trolling deceit)?"
Obviously an asspul, trolling deceit; in no way was I trying to get people's thoughtful opinions.
Have you messaged the dev to see if the Desura version would be updated later on cause there are some games I would love to buy(one in particular) but seeing the comments on how the steam version has multiple updates released while the desura version just gathers cobwebs is making me hesitant.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: This good thread here settles another general thread. "Why people make such a fuss of games being removed from GoG, when you can get them DRM-FREE *ELSEWHERE* (haha, a good one, either a joke or a cheap, temporary, asspul, trolling deceit)?"
tfishell: Obviously an asspul, trolling deceit; in no way was I trying to get people's thoughtful opinions.
The joke i was referring to, was the matter about stuff being labelled as DRM-FREE on other sites, and even being like that initially, until later things change.
Post edited September 05, 2014 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
tfishell: Obviously an asspul, trolling deceit; in no way was I trying to get people's thoughtful opinions.
aaspul?!

...this shit gets weirder
PapaShango: Have you messaged the dev to see if the Desura version would be updated later on cause there are some games I would love to buy(one in particular) but seeing the comments on how the steam version has multiple updates released while the desura version just gathers cobwebs is making me hesitant.
Vector Thrust
Nope. In early alpha, the game didn't even start for me and the support was bad, so I won't bother. Activated on Steam and learned my lesson. Xenonauts and Wrack are still DRM-free.

Those are the three alphas I've ever bought.
realkman666: Vector Thrust
Nope. In early alpha, the game didn't even start for me and the support was bad, so I won't bother. Activated on Steam and learned my lesson. Xenonauts and Wrack are still DRM-free.

Damn, that's the game I was interested in buying..will take a wait and see approach then.
Sachys: aaspul?!

...this shit gets weirder
I think one of TB's favorite words is asshat :P

But at least that makes sense, aaspul just seems a mispelling from... ass...pill? (based on nearby characters) Now i really don't know...
You know what they say: "don't feed the troll". I wouldn't waste my time with that guy if i were you.
realkman666: [
Vector Thrust

That Wrack game looked pretty cool. But I've never heard of Vector Thrust before. I wonder if any of those could make it on GOG?