It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enter for a chance to receive a bundle of 66 indie games!

With today's addition of FEZ the number of indie games in GOG.com catalog amounts to 66. It's a nice sounding number (about 2/3rds of 100!), so we thought celebration is in order. What better way is there to celebrate games, than by giving away free games? (Here's a hint: there is no better way.) So, for the next 6 days everyone gets the chance to enter our sweepstakes--and the prizes are truly sweet. One lucky person will receive an enormous bundle of all the 66 indie games from our catalog. Eleven more people will be awarded 6 indie games of their choice each. Here's how you enter:

Do you see the entry form below? All you need to do is provide us with your valid email address. That's it, you're in! You get exactly one entry in the sweepstakes. Optionally, you can make your chances better by doing two things for us: you can tweet about our sweepstakes for an extra entry (there's a Twitter field already filled out for you--if you don't want to tweet, make sure it's blank before submitting your entry), and notify your Facebook friends (a pop-up will pop-up upon completing the form). You'll be awarded an extra entry for every friend that enters from your referral. All this social-sharing is purely optional, of course.

Note: the sweepstakes entry is now closed. Winners will be contacted soon.
Post edited May 02, 2013 by G-Doc
I don't see any problem. You get one chance by just putting in a email. That is a very small price to pay for chance at winning 66 games. If you want more chances you can give GOG some publicity via Facebook or twitter. I know a lot of people on the GOG forums are anti social media, but there are potential customers that do use it.

Why can't a contest be a win for us (winning some games) and win for GOG (growing their company).
Post edited May 02, 2013 by Whitewraith
Cavalary: As others said, enter e-mail, click button, get a popup asking for an app to access my friends list, and I don't authorize Fb apps for anything as a rule, so hit cancel, then nothing else happens.
Cavalary: As others said, enter e-mail, click button, get a popup asking for an app to access my friends list, and I don't authorize Fb apps for anything as a rule, so hit cancel, then nothing else happens.
thelovebat:
Have you completely deleted the text of the tweet before clicking "Enter"?
"Why can't a contest be a win for us (winning some games) and win for GOG (growing their company)."

You see things don't work like that in real life. Most of the time the contests are a win for the company and a loss for the community.

So yes one (or how many) people will win this contest costing GoG a small amount of cash, lets say a thousand dollars. While they essentially get from the community thousands of dollars of advertising or more for hosting it.

Anyone who isn't that winner is essentially the loser.

It would be one thing if this was just a really great contest and the result was GoG got advertisement as the community paid nothing and GoG got something. This is, however, GoG making you do their advertisement for the ability to win a prize. The community in this case is actually paying a real price, they just don't know it.

For anyone wondering why anyone has any issues with the contest that is why.

As for me, I don't really care. Myself and all of my personal friends wouldn't enter a contest set up like this. So it doesn't affect me.
Lodium: So from sarcasm and joking to something serious
Why not do some contructive sugestion instead?
Bringing in Cpt. Obvious:

Make the linking to social media apps request /reasonable/ permissions.

See my tweets? Ok.
Add me as friend? Ok.
Get full control over my tweets/status? FUCK NO.
Neonivek: "Why can't a contest be a win for us (winning some games) and win for GOG (growing their company)."

You see things don't work like that in real life. Most of the time the contests are a win for the company and a loss for the community.

So yes one (or how many) people will win this contest costing GoG a small amount of cash, lets say a thousand dollars. While they essentially get from the community thousands of dollars of advertising or more for hosting it.

Anyone who isn't that winner is essentially the loser.

It would be one thing if this was just a really great contest and the result was GoG got advertisement as the community paid nothing and GoG got something. This is, however, GoG making you do their advertisement for the ability to win a prize. The community in this case is actually paying a real price, they just don't know it.

For anyone wondering why anyone has any issues with the contest that is why.

As for me, I don't really care. Myself and all of my personal friends wouldn't enter a contest set up like this. So it doesn't affect me.
Somone always need to lose if you want to have a winner
if all peoplle won the lottery draw you woud have a wery lousy outpayment for the winners or the participants.

To the other

Wiki Quote : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referral_marketing
Referral marketing is a structured and systematic process to maximize word of mouth potential. Referral marketing does this by encouraging, informing, promoting and rewarding customers and contacts to think and talk as much as possible about their supplier, their company, product and service and the value and benefit the supplier brings to them and people they know.

Referral marketing takes word of mouth from the spontaneous situation to one where maximum referrals are generated.

Online referral marketing, using digital marketing as a platform, is the internet based approach to traditional referral marketing. Given the advances in tracking customer behavior online through the use of web browser cookies, online referral marketing provides a high degree of tracking and accountability.

As mobile access to the internet becomes increasingly popular, offline referral marketing using trackable business cards are also becoming increasingly popular. Trackable business cards typically contain QR codes linking them to online content for sale while providing a way to track that sale back to the person whose card was scanned.

A study conducted by the Goethe University Frankfurt and the University of Pennsylvania, on referral programs and customer value which followed the customer referral program of a German bank that paid customers 25 euro for bringing in a new customer, was released in July 2010. According to Professor Van den Bulte, this is the first ever study published on the financial evaluation of customer referral programs. The study found that referred customers were both more profitable and loyal than normal customers. Referred customers had a higher contribution margin, a higher retention rate and were more valuable in both the short and long run.

On whether customer referral programs are worth the cost, the study says that it records "a positive value differential, both in the short term and long term, between customers acquired through a referral program and other customers. Importantly, this value differential is larger than the referral fee. Hence, referral programs can indeed pay off.
Quote end.

So gog just need to find a less intrusive and spammy way of doing it.
Post edited May 04, 2013 by Lodium
BlueMooner: I haven't bothered to read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been mentioned. It's cool and all that GOG wants to offer games for members advertising to their friends, but the entry system seems open to exploitation.

What's to stop someone from creating a million email accounts, and using each one to enter? If each email is a ticket, that's a million chances for them. I would think this would work better if say, GOG had an email on file for each account, and then entering your email automatically enters your account in the contest. This would ensure only one entry per customer (ignoring accounts created during the contest period).

I like GOG and don't want to see them get screwed, but also don't want to see them rewarding spammers and non-customers.
Because GoG would LOVE a million accounts entering this contest. That is a million accounts worth of advertising.
Neonivek: Because GoG would LOVE a million accounts entering this contest. That is a million accounts worth of advertising.
Not if all those accts go to one person, who will abandon them all the instant the contest is over.
When will the winners come out?
Nooooooooo! I missed it! :(
So who is the lucky one to win those 66 games ? I just realized the other day that those 66 games including Divinity: Dragon Commander. Man, I would like to get that game. But the price is just too high for me right now. Well, someone only need to win 6 games (for 11 people) to get that game though.

So, who are these 12 lucky people ?
I hate it to wait :D Why can not everyone get something small? XD
agylardi: So who is the lucky one to win those 66 games ? I just realized the other day that those 66 games including Divinity: Dragon Commander. Man, I would like to get that game. But the price is just too high for me right now. Well, someone only need to win 6 games (for 11 people) to get that game though.

So, who are these 12 lucky people ?
You can cross my name off the list, I got squat.
Smannesman: You can cross my name off the list, I got squat.
Alright. Got it. I also want to cross my name off the list... but I guess it will be there forever
Neonivek: It would be one thing if this was just a really great contest and the result was GoG got advertisement as the community paid nothing and GoG got something. This is, however, GoG making you do their advertisement for the ability to win a prize. The community in this case is actually paying a real price, they just don't know it.
Uh, you do realise that the advertising and resulting new customers will help GOG grow and that a more successful GOG will have more weight to throw around when it comes to signing new games/publishers, right? That is an advantage for every single community member, even those who didn't participate.